Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Scored a tf2 on trade!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Got a chance to go out with a friend and his tf2 as well as take my c-10 out for another friend to drive. Didn't get much pics because we were driving between rain showers.

No carnage for any of the rigs but little things here and there. My tf2 rolled two beads off one front and one rear, so I swapped out my rock crusher and steel black wheels that were on my c-10 onto the tf2. Looks good like this imo.... Noticeable difference in performance tire wise though, not bad just less grip. Not to mention it had rained causing even more traction issues.

I tore the front diff skid that I had on it right off coming off a big rock hill, my rear anti wrap bar literally fell out from under the truck due to a stick that twisted up under the frame and popped out the ball ends. That's about all the carnage that we encountered. Here's a few shots of the trucks
Attached Images

Kykrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

I found some carnage after running the rest of the battery out that was from last Sunday. I broke my front anti wrap bar(it was bent all-thread) I'm assuming it was from my one good tumble from about 3 feet up, falling down crookedly on its roof/roll bar and left front wheel, then over one more time. I didn't think it did anything to it and the tf2 kept performing like it should. I noticed at home that the front axle was wrapping under torque more than it used to, and found the broken bar.

I built a new one out of a spare axial 3 link piece of link, a new traxxas pivot end and reused the axial ball joint on the frame mount. A lot stronger and looks better to me also.

While I had everything apart I noticed I got a few good scratches on the left fender so I "replaced" it with a "junk yard" fender lol... Just had some of this testers paint laying around from my scx10 jeep I built. I love this color, it's called "root beer" and for good reason lol.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Welp it's been a while on an update... I attached a heat sink to the motor. And randomly painted some fenders and rubberized the truck bed.

I've decided to do another hard body so this one is like a canvas, I was checking what colors could work on a new body.

While messing around in my basement I found a set of engines... Did up a pallet and a strap and this is what I came up with. Just a scale item but I thought was cool. Got another 427 I wanna do the same to also.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Scored a tf2 on trade!

motor looks super scale lol
kakachille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakachille View Post
motor looks super scale lol
Even though it was free and scrounged together I'm still not sold on it, scales not exactly perfect but it was fun to make and adds some form of realism...
Old 06-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Here's some more pics of it... What do you guys think? It looks good by itself but looks a tad bit small when in the back of the truck. All comments are appreciated positive or neg... Thanks guys
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Scored a tf2 on trade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kykrawler View Post
Here's some more pics of it... What do you guys think? It looks good by itself but looks a tad bit small when in the back of the truck. All comments are appreciated positive or neg... Thanks guys
They don,t call em a Chevy small block for nothing

I reckon it looks alright
lunatick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatick View Post

They don,t call em a Chevy small block for nothing

I reckon it looks alright
Lol... Laughed good at that one! Your right though!

Thanks for the comments, I figured it would work ok just for the heck of it!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #49
Pebble Pounder

Been a long while since I've updated status on this rig.

First off I did some regular maintenance like re grease axles, clean and oil bearings, check drive train and what not. Added some new rear leafs, and a helper spring under them to give some support. Didn't affect my articulation as much as I thought it would.

I also picked up some goodies from rpp, more than one order. Those guys are awesome and provide one hell of a service if I say so myself. A two thumbs up for them! (End plug? Lol)

Anyways, I got a set of pitbul rock beasts and a set of gear head Delrin rings. Used my stock twin hammers wheels and mounted the rock beasts and gear head rings on them and they work and look sick!! I love it! And the performance is top notch.

On my second order I picked up some raw steel 1.9's and a ladder rack for it. I'm starting a theme for this truck and it's gonna be molded around a combo of contractor rig and mobile welding and repair. I mounted an old proline tsl, a worn flat iron and 2 stock twin hammer tires on the steels and they really set off the look I'm going for. I also picked up some hubs and a license plate for it. Just gotta make a plate.

And last but not least I made some scale items, a ladder and a "PVC" tube and they look good on the rack. More to come!! Here's some shots!
Attached Images