Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: TF2 ultimate front shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default TF2 ultimate front shocks

I have the 3 link front and 4 link rear with the stock ultimate shocks and love the way it looks and the way the rear performs and sits... But the front sags almost full droop from the weight of the Trans, motor, servo, etc, but I can't find any stiffer springs... rc4wd offers stiffer springs for the 110mm shock but not the 80mm and I'm afraid if I order them and stuff them in there, they are gonna be too stiff.... Anybody have any ideas or find any springs for their self?? I'd really like to get the Kings for it, I have Kings on my wraith and love them but short on funds for a while since I'm laid up with a shattered ankle and unable to walk let alone work... Any input appreciated, thanks
geislerj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: TF2 ultimate front shocks

The stock shocks are really only good for looks with the leaf springs. Take away the leafs and the stock shocks aren't up to the task at all. With links, you need coil over shocks, not internal coil shocks. No other way around it really. If you want support and performance, the scale style shocks just don't cut it.

On terms of which ones to buy, if you're short on funds, borrow some till you Can afford the ones you want? Don't waste money on shocks you'll either regret buying or just throw away when you finally get what you want.

And btw, the front on the tf2 will sag no matter what you put on this truck, it's how the real truck works anyways!
DAHSEHONDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I hear ya on the weight of the front end. I switched to the 110mm rc4wd black scale shocks up front. They look a lot like the blue adjustable King shocks.

Since you can only drive one RC at a time, I'd say steal the shocks off your Wraith and put them on your TF2.
GraniteBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBandit View Post
I hear ya on the weight of the front end. I switched to the 110mm rc4wd black scale shocks up front. They look a lot like the blue adjustable King shocks.

Since you can only drive one RC at a time, I'd say steal the shocks off your Wraith and put them on your TF2.

Haha!! I would steal them but 110mm shocks are way way to long for the front IMO... I have plenty of other shocks to choose from but again all are too long for the front... I would make taller shock mounts on the frame but I have the inner fenders and don't want to cut a hole in them and defeat the purpose of them
Old 05-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by geislerj3 View Post
Haha!! I would steal them but 110mm shocks are way way to long for the front IMO... I have plenty of other shocks to choose from but again all are too long for the front... I would make taller shock mounts on the frame but I have the inner fenders and don't want to cut a hole in them and defeat the purpose of them
Oh okay ... that makes sense.

Bummer about your ankle! What happened? I have a plate and 5 screws in mine so I can remember what it's like.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Hauling ass down a trail on my kfx450r and came up on a washout at the last second and tried to jump it instead of sliding into it at serious speed (4th gear all she had till I seen it fast) didn't quite make it across (cased the other side with the foot pegs on the edge of the washout cliff) and my bachelor weekend of camping and riding was cut short about 2 hours after we got there and 15 minutes into the first ride... I've had 3 surgeries so far and another next Wednesday... Was told later that the washout was 8 feet deep so probably a good thing I didn't try hitting the brakes or I'd probably have more damage to myself and more than just a set of bent pro-taper bars... Pretty much sucks, but at least my wife didn't kill me since it happened 2 weekends before our wedding! Wish I would have just took my samurai for that ride and left the quad in the trailer at the camp site
Old 05-08-2014, 06:31 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by geislerj3 View Post
Hauling ass down a trail on my kfx450r and came up on a washout at the last second and tried to jump it instead of sliding into it at serious speed (4th gear all she had till I seen it fast) didn't quite make it across (cased the other side with the foot pegs on the edge of the washout cliff) and my bachelor weekend of camping and riding was cut short about 2 hours after we got there and 15 minutes into the first ride... I've had 3 surgeries so far and another next Wednesday... Was told later that the washout was 8 feet deep so probably a good thing I didn't try hitting the brakes or I'd probably have more damage to myself and more than just a set of bent pro-taper bars... Pretty much sucks, but at least my wife didn't kill me since it happened 2 weekends before our wedding! Wish I would have just took my samurai for that ride and left the quad in the trailer at the camp site
Ah man that totally blows! Sounds like it could have been much worse, especially if you were in 4th. Crashes in 4th usually result in broken ribs & punctured lungs from what I've seen. 4 surgeries must really be getting old by now. Thank goodness for RC hobbies and the GF/wife to help us through the injures like this. I don't know how the single guys get by. I have a CRF450 and ride motocross. A few years ago I went over the bars on the landing of a 30 ft double. Spiral fractured my tib like a barber shop pole.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I switched out to RC4WD King 70mm up front and 90mm out back. Look great and seem like they will perform very well.
jamesbernatchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #9

id try maybe a hardware store would have a similar spring if you really like the look of the ultimate shocks
kronik1 is offline   Reply With Quote

TF2 ultimate front shocks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do I really need to upgrade my slash 4x4 ultimate front axles? axial 4x4 crawler Non Crawler RC's 7 07-18-2013 09:20 PM
Ultimate Scale Yota REAR + K44 FRONT = under/overdrive? heinie_21 General Crawlers 6 01-27-2012 01:49 AM