Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2
Loading

Notices

Thread: Team RC4WD Guide to the TF2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2019, 02:44 PM   #41
MEOW
 
Natedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Corruptifornia
Posts: 12,023
Default Re: Team RC4WD Guide to the TF2

BTW, wanted to thank New2rocks for writing up this excellent guide and helping me (and others) to gather parts and get my TF2 dialed in! Thank you!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2020, 08:13 AM   #42
Rock Crawler
 
Big Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Santa Rosa
Posts: 988
Default Re: Team RC4WD Guide to the TF2

I am back to this thread again to refresh my memory on a TF2 build. Planning a long term build/upgrade project for this rig. Thanks again for this info.
Attached Images
  

Last edited by Big Bill; 03-19-2020 at 08:17 AM.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:40 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: orange county
Posts: 222
Default Re: Team RC4WD Guide to the TF2

Whatís going on TF2í owners. Iím not new to crawling I have 2 trailwalkers both slightly modded one with a tf2 body and also a modded gen 8 axe edition. I just purchased my first tf2 lwb and should be here sat. With all the reading Iíve done it looks like I need to check the shimming of the ring and pinion on the front diff. Iíve heard some say they are bullet proof Trucks and some say they are well piles of you know. The driveshafts have steel ends, but should I expect to snap them ? I donít plan on this being a full on crawler as I have a few trucks very capable but I do plan on running it as none of my rigs are shelf queens and are run pretty hard in all terrain. What should I expect from this rig. Iím super stoked on getting it though. Thanks for anyone with info.
djr01974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:52 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hicktown
Posts: 234
Default Re: Team RC4WD Guide to the TF2

Driveshafts will break. So Grab some Axial Wild Boars to replace them with if you want to go on a budget.

The springs inside the Shocks kill any suspension travel so remove the springs and deal with leaky shocks or replace the shocks

Leaf packs do take a while to break in

The tires are ok but small

I didnt care for the 2 speed trans, but if you are trailing you may like it.

My opinion of it, if you want to spend the work tweaking and tuning it, you can get some really good results like many on here have. Otherwise, it is a good platform for a scale toyota pickup that you can run some trails with.
1fox2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:29 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: orange county
Posts: 222
Default Re: Team RC4WD Guide to the TF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fox2go View Post
Driveshafts will break. So Grab some Axial Wild Boars to replace them with if you want to go on a budget.

The springs inside the Shocks kill any suspension travel so remove the springs and deal with leaky shocks or replace the shocks

Leaf packs do take a while to break in

The tires are ok but small

I didnt care for the 2 speed trans, but if you are trailing you may like it.

My opinion of it, if you want to spend the work tweaking and tuning it, you can get some really good results like many on here have. Otherwise, it is a good platform for a scale toyota pickup that you can run some trails with.
Cool thanks this is the rtr tf2 4door it comes with r3 single speed. My plans are yes remove the inner shock springs and maybe one helper leaf. The stock drive shafts state they are metal yokes plastic shafts. Do the shocks even hold oil?😁 thanks for responding 👍
djr01974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:44 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: orange county
Posts: 222
Default Re: Team RC4WD Guide to the TF2

Well I got my tf2 lwb rtr and I must say itís pretty cool. I shimmed the rear diff the front was ok lubed everything, blue lock tight on everything. I replaced the front shock hoops with the Gelande 2 hoops moved the hoops back to give it a bit more steering. Removed the internal springs removed the smallest leaf and put it on top of the pack to keep the leafs from spring wrap. Swapped out the stock servo. Waiting on steel front and rear bumpers and the front reverse Shackle Mount. Name:  9625DBAE-5509-4684-8F98-741529C2AE97.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  147.7 KB

Name:  116AA795-D403-4CF5-ADA1-8C4CE06A8248.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:  D4222294-861C-498A-827A-53923288D7EA.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  116.0 KB
djr01974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:17 AM   #47
Go Buckeyes!
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 1,694
Default Re: Team RC4WD Guide to the TF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djr01974 View Post
Whatís going on TF2í owners. Iím not new to crawling I have 2 trailwalkers both slightly modded one with a tf2 body and also a modded gen 8 axe edition. I just purchased my first tf2 lwb and should be here sat. With all the reading Iíve done it looks like I need to check the shimming of the ring and pinion on the front diff. Iíve heard some say they are bullet proof Trucks and some say they are well piles of you know. The driveshafts have steel ends, but should I expect to snap them ? I donít plan on this being a full on crawler as I have a few trucks very capable but I do plan on running it as none of my rigs are shelf queens and are run pretty hard in all terrain. What should I expect from this rig. Iím super stoked on getting it though. Thanks for anyone with info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr01974 View Post
Well I got my tf2 lwb rtr and I must say itís pretty cool. I shimmed the rear diff the front was ok lubed everything, blue lock tight on everything. I replaced the front shock hoops with the Gelande 2 hoops moved the hoops back to give it a bit more steering. Removed the internal springs removed the smallest leaf and put it on top of the pack to keep the leafs from spring wrap. Swapped out the stock servo. Waiting on steel front and rear bumpers and the front reverse Shackle Mount.
Congrats on getting the TF2!

These are cool rigs and can be made to perform well! Check out my Marlin thread here:B-MOW buys a TF2 Marlin Crawler to see what all I had to do to make great!

You should start a build thread so we can follow along with the build progress.

Looking forward to seeing pics and videos!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Team RC4WD Guide to the TF2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rc4wd tf2 Poserx RC4WD Bully 2 02-16-2013 04:59 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com