Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: CCHand highly detailed scale interior and door panels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2015, 08:57 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default CCHand highly detailed scale interior and door panels

I was browsing through RC4WD's website. I came across the CCHand highly detailed scale interior and door panels for the TF2. The detailed scale interior and door panels look great in the pics! The price tag was a little frightening!
Highly Detailed Interior Set for Hilux, Bruiser and Mojave

Does anyone have the CCHand highly detailed scale interior and door panels in their TF2? If so, how is the fit and does it looks as good as the pics on RC4WD's website? I guess, I would possibly pay the price if I knew it fit well and looked really nice.

Are there any cheaper alternatives out there for a more detailed interior? Something that doesn't require me to be a master styrene builder?

Thanks!

Last edited by 2-shot; 10-14-2015 at 08:58 PM. Reason: added link
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2015, 09:47 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: CCHand highly detailed scale interior and door panels

It's fantastic:
TF2 = time to push my scale envelope

That said, the new dash is a huge improvement over the old. If you were willing to do some fab work, you could now do pretty well without going all in on the complete CCHand interior. Though I haven't tried it, you probably could get the CCHand door panels to work with the new dash. Add in the bench seat (or make one) and a fabbed floor and you'd have something pretty nice.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:41 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
It's fantastic:
TF2 = time to push my scale envelope

That said, the new dash is a huge improvement over the old. If you were willing to do some fab work, you could now do pretty well without going all in on the complete CCHand interior. Though I haven't tried it, you probably could get the CCHand door panels to work with the new dash. Add in the bench seat (or make one) and a fabbed floor and you'd have something pretty nice.

I read through your thread, and the CCHand interior turned out nice!! I'm very seriously considering purchasing the CCHand interior set! I think it will be a nice addition to the scale appearance.

A couple of questions....

Did you have any issues with installing the interior into the body?

Did you mount the esc in the front, or did you mount it on the stock electronics plate?
Just wondering what kind of clearance (room) you have after installing the interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2015, 06:57 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

It's very easy to install (dash uses same 3 underhood mounting screw locations as windshield, door panels screw right into dash). The CCHand kit includes only a partial floor (which isn't quite at full depth, either) to leave room for the shift servo on one side and the ESC on the opposite side if you choose to mount it there. On my first TF2, I left the battery tray in the rearward position (no cab back), made a deck for the ESC where the receiver box normally goes, and I mounted the receiver box further back. But the interior would fit with the ESC mounted to the battery tray opposite the servo. On our Mojave 2, Roo and I wanted to run the full cab back, which meant moving the battery tray forward (the chassis already includes mounting holes for this). I chose to mount the ESC over the steering servo and may decide to relocate the shift servo (and change to a micro) so that I can do a full-depth floor for the interior. But you don't have to go through all of that to use the interior with the stock configuration. I have plenty of pix of that setup in our Mojave 2 thread:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd...ew2-rocks.html
Old 10-15-2015, 07:20 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
It's very easy to install (dash uses same 3 underhood mounting screw locations as windshield, door panels screw right into dash). The CCHand kit includes only a partial floor (which isn't quite at full depth, either) to leave room for the shift servo on one side and the ESC on the opposite side if you choose to mount it there. On my first TF2, I left the battery tray in the rearward position (no cab back), made a deck for the ESC where the receiver box normally goes, and I mounted the receiver box further back. But the interior would fit with the ESC mounted to the battery tray opposite the servo. On our Mojave 2, Roo and I wanted to run the full cab back, which meant moving the battery tray forward (the chassis already includes mounting holes for this). I chose to mount the ESC over the steering servo and may decide to relocate the shift servo (and change to a micro) so that I can do a full-depth floor for the interior. But you don't have to go through all of that to use the interior with the stock configuration. I have plenty of pix of that setup in our Mojave 2 thread:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd...ew2-rocks.html

I'm running a single speed tranny, so that will definitely free up some real estate. Also, only running the half cab back on mine. If I do get the CCHand interior, I'll probably move my electronics plate back to stock location (rearward). This should give me room for esc and my lipo on the esc tray!

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!!

Old 10-15-2015, 06:18 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Good info, is there any benefit to running full cab back with the stock bed? Strength, looks or?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Good info, is there any benefit to running full cab back with the stock bed? Strength, looks or?

Just looks. The body is plenty strong with the half cab back, but the full back looks much better IMO.

CCHand highly detailed scale interior and door panels - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Highly detailed Scale body for SCX10 photocycler General Scale Talk 12 10-07-2014 07:20 PM
Door panels for interior keone2007 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 08-07-2010 10:43 AM
Scale detailed interior parts toy4crawlin General Scale Talk 17 05-22-2007 12:52 PM