Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Ntimd8t's Trailfinder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 07:47 PM   #1

Default Ntimd8t's Trailfinder

Some of you may have possibly saw my ongoing thread in the Ascender section . I wish I would have done the same documenting I am doing there when I bought my TF2.
Here are the specs.. new in box rtr rx/tx were first to go as I have a dx4c. Thought everything was good until I realized the included esc wasn't lipo friendly. Changed out with a dynamite crawler ESC and motor seemed to not quite have the wheelspeed I wanted, now it has a Axial 27t and have changed the shafts over to Junfac's.. Love these so far.. now on to what everyone is here for the pics!

fresh out the box

wheels and tires were first to go as I just had bought a new set of Axial beadlocks and RC4WD Prowlers and they didn't go with my last SCX10 I sold

A scale rig has to have an inspection sticker (even an out of date one right?

first run out.. had issues with stock servo.. nice new Savox with 222oz should do the trick... got to noticing the bad light bleed through the stock body. Once I got home and uploaded this pic it was really bad so I took it down and brushed many coats of flat black inside to deepen the red and stop light bleed.

went back to my favorite place for small scale items I am to lazy or don't have an idea to make. Figured out a theme for this truck.. shine runner
a little bit after a steady hand and relabeling the sacs.
needed a license plate as well
Say hello to Leroy.. he had a bad accident and was cut off at the waist but can drive his (now technically gone) tail off

Leroy finally in the truck!

now onto the lights. Have an amazing friend and crawling partner that is into messing with arduino lighting. Lights are controlled by the arduino and have multiple modes selected by channel switch on the radio

here it is.. together mainly for the first outing as a complete truck. Taking the body off to change battery was beginning to become a pain. The RC4WD toolbox came in handy. Drilled the box and the bed for enough room for a deans connector to pass through, ran battery wire from esc into box and a normal sized 2s battery fits perfectly. A strip of velcro on box bottom and battery help secure them in just fine.. The box is heavy and worth it's price. Does not seem to hinder it weight wise as this truck will stay leafed. (was why I wanted one to begin with something not a SCX10 with the dump truck axles and to make scaling more challenging.

Had to get a new set of wheels the Axial beadlocks just didn't fit the look I was after. These are some Integy aluminum beadlocks.. screws are inside. I was impressed with these wheels and shocked of the quality and weight after hearing many knock Integy, I personally have bought a few Integy items and have no complaints.

Truck just needed something else.. great guy through Facebook group in the state posted up some decals he had made. I complimented them and asked about a set in black as far as pricing.. few days later had a set on the house. Thanks!!!

on the truck and looking alot better

That's where I am at the moment.. I am sure more will come later but I am enjoying this truck more and more as the leafs wear in and the realism this thing has..

I'm adding some pics from our local groups Crawl-a-thon from the weekend to show it out in action and in the wild

Thanks for looking!!! Hope there was something there that was worth the click. Any questions feel free to ask. I am also open to any suggestions (besides linking it it's a Trailfinder not a SCX) or constructive criticism. I will try to get back to you ASAP
ntimd8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2016, 07:48 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Ntimd8t's Trailfinder

Truck looks great, get a low profile transfer plate, they make a huge difference.
greenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:58 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I would agree about the transfercase skid. I bought the one designed by new2rocks and love the added ground clearance.
Im not a fan of integy, but I must say your wheels kinda fit the look of the truck. Nice job
littletoyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:02 PM   #4

I'm on the fence about the skid.. on one hand I know it would get things up higher but on the other I like the challenge of this truck, came from the scx side and built a big monster truck to run over everything, but the altitude adjustment is great.. I enjoy having to think of where my next move is going to put my truck. I have bought a few things integy.. nothing electrical or very structural or intricate mechanical. But have bought a few things over the years and never had any problems. I agree on these wheels, they are nice quality and heavy, I did change hardware for peace of mind but I have run it hard and they have held up better than I expected
ntimd8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Welcome to the club, the TF2 is an awesome truck and has quickly become my favorite to drive.

While I understand you enjoy the challenge the stock skid is a boat anchor that will end up frustrating you more than making things challenging. The Helios RC skid is the cats meow for the TF2.
SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote

Ntimd8t's Trailfinder - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ntimd8t's Ascender.... work in progress ntimd8t Vaterra Ascender 29 01-30-2018 09:34 PM
Ak Trailfinder crawlski 1.9 Scale Rigs 5 01-29-2009 03:08 AM
My New Trailfinder JEFF THE JET 1.9 Scale Rigs 34 07-29-2008 10:27 PM