Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: When is there too much flex ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2017, 12:21 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default When is there too much flex ?

So I was messing around this evening and I moved the stock rear shocks up front (bottom hole on gelande hoops) and moved my 100mm shocks to the rear. I put the red leafs on with the large helper on each corner. And the result is it tops my ramp which measures 5" to the top. Which is more flex than my scx10 and scx10-2.. so the question is.. is it too much ? The first picture is truck in stock form, the second is before I made the adjustments tonight, and the last few are after the adjustments..

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
Stickx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2017, 06:51 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: When is there too much flex ?

My .02 is, if it doesn't bind up and isn't unstable it should be great! Looks awesome to me.
1tonblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:28 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: When is there too much flex ?

When I built my first TF2, I was all for running the Z-Boxes and Revolvers (then called T-Boxes and Shooters) to max out the suspension travel in the leafs (which is what it looks like you have now). In this case, there are 2 downsides to having this much suspension travel. First, there is a lot of unsprung travel, which can cause the truck to get unsettled more easily when the suspension unweights or on steeper sidehills. Second, the combination of Revolvers and Z-Boxes in front adds some slop to the steering and reduces max steering a bit. The first issue can be reduced by running thicker shock oil (I like 3k-5k diff fluid for these purposes in the RC4WD shocks). The second issue just is what it is. My suggestion would be to run it as is and see how you like it. If you notice less stability and it bothers you, try thicker shock oil, and if it still bothers you, try ditching the Z-Boxes and going with Revolvers only. Likewise with the steering...if it bothers you, ditch the Z-Boxes and keep the Revolvers to reduce the suspension slop.

With all that said, I still run my first TF2 with the T-Boxes and Shooters and diff fluid in the shocks and love it. I just have to drive it very differently than a leaf-sprung truck with less suspension travel (like my SWB, which has very little flex but is very stable). I hope that helps!
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote

When is there too much flex ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Now that's some flex Mayhem Eng. Chit Chat 2 11-10-2011 09:01 AM
more flex Moparguy 1.9 Scale Rigs 5 01-21-2011 12:42 PM
flex kaikea Axial SCX-10 11 04-16-2009 04:56 PM
Too much flex Dollarhide Axial AX-10 Scorpion 13 09-09-2008 05:13 AM
Getting more flex rydinhigh General Crawlers 13 05-23-2006 07:03 AM