Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Jato The Trail Finder 2 - Leaf Spring Mafia Edition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2019, 09:38 AM   #241
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Jato The Trail Finder 2 - Leaf Spring Mafia Edition

Your K5 is beautiful Jato! And ohhhh, them wheels...NICE!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2019, 10:11 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Your K5 is beautiful Jato! And ohhhh, them wheels...NICE!
Thanks a lot!
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:18 PM   #243
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I understand that completely. This build really frustrated me and I gave up on it a long time. Start a thread and post pics when you do.
I started a thread on it last year. I'll try to add some updates on my progress so far; which has been more in the last few days than the last few months!

Ironhide13's TF2 K5 Blazer
Ironhide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #244
Rock Stacker

Pretty rig jato . I have been itching for a leaf spring and reading your thread I have a few questions .

Between this and the sawbacks which do you prefer .

Have you played with the Lwb or swb version of the tf? If so which do you prefer ?
iplaywithrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:12 PM   #245
I wanna be Dave

Thanks to iplaywithrocks post today, I discovered Jato's thread. Thank you, to both of you. My TF2 should be getting delivered soon...although, instead of ordering any of the kits with the body included, I opted (based on some advice from some people in the RCC forum, and some people from a could of the LHSs) to get the Killerbody LC70. With my TLR kits, I usually have them together in a matter of days, and work my Capra, it took me less than 2 weeks (not including the interior, which took me much longer)...but, with the TF2, I plan on taking my time...as in, probably a few months.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:24 PM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaywithrocks View Post
Pretty rig jato . I have been itching for a leaf spring and reading your thread I have a few questions .

Between this and the sawbacks which do you prefer .

Have you played with the Lwb or swb version of the tf? If so which do you prefer ?

Thank you!

For driving I much prefer the Sawback. It's pretty darn capable and you can beat on it without worry. The most damage I've done is bending leaf springs. That's been reduced quite a bit since installing the GMade links to keep the axle in place.

The TF2 looks more scale so it wins there. Otherwise I'd choose the Sawback.

I have not played around with the other TF2 wheelbase chassis.

Thank you for recommending my thread to Panther!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Thanks to iplaywithrocks post today, I discovered Jato's thread. Thank you, to both of you. My TF2 should be getting delivered soon...although, instead of ordering any of the kits with the body included, I opted (based on some advice from some people in the RCC forum, and some people from a could of the LHSs) to get the Killerbody LC70. With my TLR kits, I usually have them together in a matter of days, and work my Capra, it took me less than 2 weeks (not including the interior, which took me much longer)...but, with the TF2, I plan on taking my time...as in, probably a few months.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Thank you for checking out my thread!
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:22 AM   #247
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Now I haz question!

The front tire is perfectly centered in the wheel well of the Blazer body. The rear wheel is not centered. It's skewed towards the rear of the truck and as the leaf spring compresses it move even more rearward. This causes the tire to rub the bod at the rear, but not the front. Has anybody else had this problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

I'm also looking for some slightly smaller tires and I'm open to recommendations. I want soft tires though so if you mention RC4WD I only want X2SS and X2S3 compounds.

In the special Blazer edition the same thing happens

Quote:
I'm so annoyed with this that I quit working on the truck tonight and I'm contemplating which U-bolts I'm going to get and how I'm going to fix this horrible design without spending $100 on RC4WD parts that SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED.
Quote:
I started building again tonight. Didn't get far before I ran into another issue. The pin screw that connects the not-so-scale driveshaft to the transmission literally screwed right through and out the bottom. I guess the hole in the transmission output shaft is grossly oversized. WTF China?
Unfortunately this is something very common in RC4WD, but as a positive point, the after-sales service bothers a lot in solving the problems.

Sometimes we have to fight a little more, but they usually give a solution

Responding to things that should include as standard, also the rear leaf brackets to prevent the suspension from being caught when it is compressed.

I also miss factory updates on this model despite the years it has been in the market

Quote:
It's not the 80's. This scale truck was designed and built in the 2000's. I should be able to build it and run it out of the box without redneck engineering. RC4WD failed here. The quality control is piss poor.

Issues made me lose interest in this build and more issues as I picked it back up made me lose interest again.
I felt exactly the same with my Blazer and that RTR was coming , and the Blazer cost something else ... hehehe , but every modification or improvement has been a waste of money and headache, although after the first use, I was happier than I expected with the behavior, now I only have solve the problem of adjusting the rear wheel, but the truth is that more happy with it in the field than in the workshop.
FREEDOM83 is offline   Reply With Quote