Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Jeep hard body on lwb TF2?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Jeep hard body on lwb TF2?

I purchased the TF2 lwb chassis kit with the idea of mounting one of those ebay Jeep JK Wrangler 4 door hard bodies. I have looked through the TF2 picture thread and see very few non-RC4WD bodies. It makes me start to question if there is a reason that so few aftermarket bodies are used on the TF2 chassis. I'm not really into Toyotas but I'm wondering if a Jeep Wrangler hard body on the TF2 a bad idea?
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Jeep hard body on lwb TF2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I purchased the TF2 lwb chassis kit with the idea of mounting one of those ebay Jeep JK Wrangler 4 door hard bodies. I have looked through the TF2 picture thread and see very few non-RC4WD bodies. It makes me start to question if there is a reason that so few aftermarket bodies are used on the TF2 chassis. I'm not really into Toyotas but I'm wondering if a Jeep Wrangler hard body on the TF2 a bad idea?
X-2. ^^^^ I bought the Marlin Crawler RTR. Wasn't diggin' the Toyota either, but it's kinda growing on me. "Kinda" Good question on the Jeep.
Zippy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:02 PM   #3

I took mine to the paint shop out back. Painted it olive ish. Putting it back together now.
StrykeTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:17 AM   #4
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
Nothing is a bad idea...people are just lazy now a days and dont wanna make the appropriate mounts to run different bodies. Everyone just wants something that will "bolt on"
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:01 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Nothing is a bad idea...people are just lazy now a days and dont wanna make the appropriate mounts to run different bodies. Everyone just wants something that will "bolt on"
Ouch.

The LWB has not been available for very long and there arent that many bodies available in the shorter wheelbases.

IMO the TF2 is an odd choice to do a JK build from. JKs are not leaf sprung. To be scale (and have better performance) you would most likely want to swap over to links. Swapping over to a linked setup is going to be costly and frankly, at that point (again, just my opinion) you are better off starting with a SCX10.2 or an Ascender.

Last edited by Col_Sanders; 12-12-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep hard body on lwb TF2? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TF2 LWB Rear Wheel Not Aligned With Body Gagak Rimang RC4WD Trail Finder 2 0 11-08-2017 08:57 PM
Cutting TF2 Hard Body YDAZOPEN Paint and Body 13 02-24-2017 07:21 PM
TF2 LWB with Proline1985 Toyota HiLux SR5 body? cody426 RC4WD Trail Finder 2 3 01-03-2017 10:47 PM