Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Project 90s Overkill: 4ws “show truck”

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2020, 09:22 PM   #1

Default Project 90s Overkill: 4ws “show truck”

Hey y’all, so I thought I’d try to share this project as I go.

My plan was originally to make a 90s parts vendor show truck. I remember when parts companies would build show vehicles based on their products. Hell, that’s how Bigfoot began!

So I grabbed this BF Goodrich edition tf2. It was my first and honestly I didn’t know better, I made my decision solely on the rims!

Anyhoo, I was able to grab a spare front axle and decided today to see if rear steer would be a viable option and so far, it seems like it is!

I had to try the Marlin wheels/tires out. Not bad at all! The 1.9 on the scx10.3 seemed a bit much, but I want to try to do a lift and maybe it’ll balance out

Talk about close!

Now to try to figure out the servo mount. The receiver box was right in the way so I moved it back, which aught to give me a more scale look anyway. Maybe.

Now, I need some mental help. (Don’t we all).

I’m running into 2 issues as I see it. Both have to do with the shocks. Since the rear axle is just a backwards front, the shock mounts are now up top (I’d rather it be on bottom like before) and since the plan is to run another front servo mount, I lose the top mount altogether.

I’m thinking about getting something to stand the shocks vertical, but I haven’t looked into it yet. That may very well solve both my issues

Also, gonna throw this out there: i could use a front servo mount if anyone has one they aren’t using. Having a hard time finding one online...

I’ll post more when I make progress!!!
DavidVonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2020, 06:25 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Project 90s Overkill: 4ws “show truck”

Cool idea, needs 10" of lift and enough Kc lites to confuse pilots on where to land haha
mk3jetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:09 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Project 90s Overkill: 4ws “show truck”

Yep. But the lift needs to be caveman simple like they were in the late 80s/early 90s. Just gigantic blocks, forget springs lol. The only constraint I see right off is drive shaft length, I have been having trouble with that myself (looking for something 140ish-180ish that doesn't cost as much as a real one lol). And double shocks at a minimum. Don't forget the dual steering stabilizers, and the shock boots need to be some sort of neon color.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote

Project 90s Overkill: 4ws “show truck” - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project heavy duty overkill=awesome bigred22 Chit Chat 5 02-18-2013 05:53 PM
Project Overkill - KOH IFS Wraith XterraTrax Axial Wraith 24 02-11-2013 12:32 PM
Project overkill 6x6 CaptainSafety 2.2 Scale Rigs 22 02-18-2011 09:18 AM
Project Overkill Pappy EnRoute Berg 11 09-18-2009 10:44 PM