Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" G6 by AXIAL RACING / VP / Pit Bull Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #141
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" G6 by AXIAL RACING / VP / Pit Bull Tires

haha no pics cause lil lexus was too fast...haha. the only thing that lil lexus broke was a sweat...thats it.
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #142
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" G6 by AXIAL RACING / VP / Pit Bull Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_version View Post
Shaka Brah G6 pictures have at it, Parker if you need any full size High res stuff let me now...i have all of the originals.
bump for Tim
Old 04-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #143
I wanna be Dave

That for me? Thanks Kila! I'll have to check the pics out when I get home. Looks like a ton of fun. Parker, I think it's awesome that you would bring your G6 goodness to our island brothers! How fun for them (and you), I think I know where I'm going to take my vacation next spring! Later, Tim.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #144
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by war pig View Post
that for me? Thanks kila! I'll have to check the pics out when i get home. Looks like a ton of fun. Parker, i think it's awesome that you would bring your g6 goodness to our island brothers! How fun for them (and you), i think i know where i'm going to take my vacation next spring! Later, tim.
yeah buddy!!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #145
Rock Crawler

Looking forward to the 2013 RECON "Shaka Brah Classic" G6 Challenge! After all the stories from Parker, I think I'm going to be there a week early!!!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #146
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik R View Post
Thanks for the welcome i dont have any pics, to busy putting in work. we had to earn that finnish.

i do know one thing, the R.E.C.O.N. G6 is BAD A$$.

thanks Parker
Cheeeeee Yaaaaaah! Your Welcome and Mahalo to all the Driver's who earned their G6'er status! Ya'll made the Shaka Brah Classic "epic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by special agent View Post
WE'RE G6'N AND YOU KNOW IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_version View Post
Hey Parker...thank you for letting me be a Team Driver!!! hands down, id say that Lil' Lexus was one of the most useful trucks out there...i even pulled a wraith over a section with her. And Poochie did it with style...tricked out...also i don't think anyone has ever driven backwards for fifteen insane(out of mars and into the jungle stage) trail markers. Not bad for two truck with no winches!!

And fellow G6ers, if you hear the words..."not mandatory, but highly recommended" it really means..."make sure its on your truck."
Young_version, the Thanks goes all to you, brudda! Your skillz to pay the billz behind the Airtronics MT4 and wrenching skills kept Lil' Lexus and Poochie together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksteadily View Post
Hey Parker, is it possible
To get everyone's final times posted?
Working on it, brah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its rick View Post
no pic's on the trail ? or little lexus broke
Yeah RIGHT! Young_version was "Do'in Work" with Lil' Lexus and put her on the podium. Cheeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Parker, I think it's awesome that you would bring your G6 goodness to our island brothers! How fun for them (and you), I think I know where I'm going to take my vacation next spring! Later, Tim.
Thanks, Tim, aka the scaler bug that bit me!!! You don't want to miss the 2013 Shaka Brah Classic!

The Recap and the Official Times will be posted soon. I still on "Hawaii Time"
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:38 AM   #147
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post
Looking forward to the 2013 RECON "Shaka Brah Classic" G6 Challenge! After all the stories from Parker, I think I'm going to be there a week early!!!
Word B-RAD!!! we can't wait to meet you too!!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:40 AM   #148
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

by the way Parker, i started my adventurist 2013 Shaka Brah G6 rig today....should be done by March. haha
Old 04-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #149
Quarry Creeper

last weekend kicked my a$$, but it was worth it.

I would like to give big up's to RC4WD's bulldog winch. took a licken and still ticken
Erik R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #150
Rock Crawler

Quote:
last weekend kicked my a$$, but it was worth it.

I would like to give big up's to RC4WD's bulldog winch. took a licken and still ticken

Nice, there is a first time for everything.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #151
I wanna be Dave

The Shaka Brah Classic G6
Disturbing the Peace could get most of us arrested; it got me a trip to O’ahu to host the first ever RECON G6 Challenge in Hawaii. Sheldon Aoki, aka “DISTURBIN tha PEACE” is part of the Hawaii RC Crawlers, a Hawaii based r/c crawling club that puts the “F” in Fun, Family, and Friends. This is the recap of the Shaka Brah Classic G6; a G6 that changed the lives of everyone in attendance, even mine.

The Shaka Brah Classic G6 was presented by Axial Racing, Vanquish Products, and Pit Bull Tires. B&J Signs, Shut D Racing, and DTP all contributed to the success of the Shaka Brah Classic G6; a RECON Crawlers event production. Special Thanks to Dragonturbo3 for the sickest G6 flyer, ever and the Kalaeloa Raceway Park for an awesome location and giving me unlimited access to the whole complex and giving every G6’er in attendance a record setting stage.

What started off as a RECON G6 Challenge held in an island paradise, turned into a legendary G6 that must be attended by every G6’er or Driver at least once in their lifetime. I often wondered with so many triathlons held world wide, why is the Ironman Triathlon in Hawaii the pinnacle of every tri-athlete, not anymore. The Shaka Brah Classic is to a RECON G6 Challenge, what the Ironman is to a triathlon, challenge, adventure, and a self confidence in personal accomplishment that only Hawaii can provide.

G6’ers faced 3 Stages during the two day Shaka Brah Classic G6. Stage 1 was the first time any of the Hawaii G6’ers had ever been on a G6 Stage and “OH MY”, was it a record setter. When I saw the Kalaeloa Raceway Park, I went into stage setting mode and forgot that ALL the drivers were G-Virgins, oops, my bad! It didn’t matter that Stage 1 was the longest stage ever set at 1.1 miles; or that it was the toughest stage ever set. Hawaii had two dirt types that I had never seen. One of them, I called Nesquik, because it appeared solid until you touched it and then it crumbled like Nesquik chocolate. The other was ancient coral and sand that a D10 ripped up. This was untouched and each driver had to find the best route to the next trail marker for their G-Ride. The average time for Stage 1 was over 3 hours! That’s 3 hours of actual drive time. These G6’ers will never forget the stage that popped their G-Cherry.

Stage 2 was a full on night stage and the first night stage of the 2012 RECON G6 Challenge season. A new 50 TM stage was set, but don’t think I’m getting soft in paradise; Stage 2 was a multi-lap stage. G6’ers had to complete two laps, find the pineapple with their name on it, mount it to their G-Ride, and then cross the finish podium. Difficult does not begin to describe Stage 2, but the caliber of Driver and G-Rides at the Shaka Brah Classic is some of the best I’ve ever seen and you would never guess that this is only the second G6 stage they have ever driven.

Stage 3 took place Sunday morning. To OG6’ers, when I say Erzberg Stage, eye’s widen, hearts beat faster, and throttle fingers twitch; well Stage 3 was an Erzberg style stage and the newest members of the G6 Family are anticipating excitement. I was too, because HRCC was about to do a grass skirt hop scotch and experience a high school hobbit section; yes, they had a hobbit section under the bleachers. I had a lot of questions about the G6 Ultra Class, so G6’ers had an Ultra Stage Driving Section. It was a G-Jog or run mandatory section for several trail markers to give them a small taste of what an Ultra Driver faces during a RECON G6 Challenge.

The Shaka Brah Classis deserves more than just a quick recap. Maybe some TV coverage; it got it. Island Driver TV came out after meeting DTP and covered the event. Maybe a professional freelance photographer/writer to cover the excitement; it got it. Axial Racing sent Nate Carl from Freedom Riding to cover the event. Maybe a blog; it’s getting it. I will be writing a blog w/pics of my whole experience and driver profiles. Stay tuned, because you aint heard the half of it!

Here is the Shaka Brah Classic G6 Overall Finishing times and give the following G6’ers a big round of applause, what they accomplished not only deserves it, but their teamwork and enthusiasm solidified the legendary status of the Shaka Brah Classic G6.

Wraith / 2.2 Class

Adventurist Class

Mahalo, G6’ers and remember, when your ready to experience a legendary scaler fix, come get it in the 2013 Shaka Brah Classic G6!

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 04-07-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #152
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
Nice, there is a first time for everything.
ya, i was hopping it wouldnt die on me haha
Old 04-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #153
Quarry Creeper

damn, i was running for 11+hrs. loved every minute
Old 04-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #154
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
damn, i was running for 11+hrs. loved every minute

Hell yeah! But I think 1 hour of that was looking for one of these;

Luv ya, Bruddah, Happy Easter!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #155
Quarry Creeper

Damn pineapple...lmfao

Last edited by Erik R; 04-08-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:28 AM   #156
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

weird....my computer took a screenshot of something.
holler!!
Name:  Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 11.26.19 PM.png
Views: 512
Size:  42.0 KB
Old 04-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #157
Rock Crawler

Kila, from one "TEAM TWERK" driver to another.... That's BAD ASS!!!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #158
Quarry Creeper

Just saw the local tv coverage of the "Shaka, Brah Classic" G6 on Island Driver TV, nice segment. If I can find a link I'll post it.
RusT808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #159
Rock Crawler

just to let ya'll know. the "mask" was picked up today by a driver at the biggest little G6. the driver didn't relize what it was till Parker called his name at awards ceremony.

thanks for letting Parker bring it home and opening our eyes to more of his antics
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #160
Quarry Creeper

its gonna be on the wall of crawl watching the rigs send good vibes!
Attached Images

Jrob is offline   Reply With Quote

RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" G6 by AXIAL RACING / VP / Pit Bull Tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 Challenge "Embrace the Suck" Jan 28th Nor-Cal DRIVNMF Recon G6 119 02-03-2012 11:15 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Birthday Bash" Dec. 3, 2011 DRIVNMF Recon G6 531 12-29-2011 10:43 AM
"pit bull way's",,super rock beast's dezmoon Videos! 9 03-25-2011 09:21 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Love of Rock" DRIVNMF Nevada 0 01-30-2011 06:41 PM
Oct. 16th Bloomsdale, MO "Pit Bull Tires" Presents The Eye Competitions 72 10-24-2010 04:51 PM