Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #241
Old guy

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & No

Whats with all the boats on the scalers. Is there a reason or does everyone just like boats.

ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #242
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & No

Had a good time just wish I had got more pics for my first time! Hard to get many when your driving and all bundled up to lol. The boat thing was hilarious, me and Nate being first timers thought you had to go from one green flag to the next but a bunch showed and so uh no clear down there lol so did it again and pretty much every boat there at the time sunk so everyone at the checkers had sticks to catch the things non were lost far as I know.
Got a short clip of the first time we tried the sailing but make note we did redo it after finding out had to go further downstream

Savage03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #243
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Whats with all the boats on the scalers. Is there a reason or does everyone just like boats.

Parker had a skill section where you drove to a trail marker, unload your boat, float it downstream, pluck it out of the water (literally), go get your rig and reload the boat to continue on. the boat was a mandatory scale item and you had to carry it all day on your rig. when i helped Parker set up this section i thought it was going to be difficult to pick them out of the water, i never found out as i drowned my rig at trail marker 7 and "Hog'd" it all the way back to G-Central. still a good day.

thanks Parker and crew.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #244
Rock Crawler

WOW!!! Another great day with friends old and new!!! Im so happy that everyone made it out to play with toy trucks and have FUN!!!

Angel, your my hero!!! Cole wishes you hit 2 more Trail Markers but thats another story! lol!

I think 71 drivers making it to little old Reno shows Parker knows how to have fun!!! Last time i checked thats why we all bought an RC in the first place! He puts his heart, soul, mind and body into each G6 and Rock Riot, everybody that comes out to play and leaves with a smile on their face is his reward!

Next stop... Southern California for the Recon Malvado G6 Challenge!!!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #245
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like it was an awesome day! The skill challenge sounded fun. We're G6in', and you know it!
RusT808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #246
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
Thanks BP and the G Crew!! I had an awesome time

Edit: Anyone know who makes those pull pal's that were given away today?
Yes, thanks to Parker, BPC (Bruce), VP, Axial, and all the others whose names I don't all remember for puttin on a great comp....I had lots of fun!

BPC...Bruce makes them and they are nice!

Last edited by Natedog; 04-15-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #247
I wanna be Dave

Man, I just woke up and was disappointed to see that I wasn't still G6'n! I was running the night stage in my sleep! It was badass! Can't believe Parker had us driving blindfolded through a minefield, while searching for flying monkeys!? Parkers courses are simply off the hook! Even when I'm dreaming them
The Biggest Little G6 was no exception either. The location was prime, drivers we're happy, and the weather was perfect! I know I had a blast! And Angel was busy doin work. Those cut boggers worked flawlessly! My rig felt
dialed, and I enjoyed driving some of the most beautiful scale trails I have ever driven on.

Now into the short bus! What a blast! We all felt a little "Timm-ay" each time we piled in
But if you knew what we we're doing on the bus....................Playing with the new VP scx10 housings!!! In the words of Tim the Toolman, "Oooooooooo
hhhhhh"!
Thanks again for renting the bus Elio, and thanks again for driving Jim! Double thanks for the bathroom breaks!!!
I'd also really like to thank Todd for driving us to Sactown. Thanks again Brother!!

Thanks to all the supportors of the Recon G6! Thank you Axial Racing, Vanquish Products, Pitbull Tires, BPC, PLE, Propane and anyone my sleepy mind may have forgotten

Most importantly, I'd like to thank my brother from another mother Parker. Can't thank you enough for dreaming up this incredible format! And I'm not leaving out the crew........
Thank You Recon!!!
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #248
I wanna be Dave

Forgot...........Congratulations to Angel, Rosa & Nico, Dan W, and Thom K!!!!!!!

Way to go drivers

It was great seeing and driving with all of you guys and gals. I mean, G6'rs

See ya'll next time

Last edited by Rig Rocker; 04-19-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #249
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage03 View Post
Had a good time just wish I had got more pics for my first time! Hard to get many when your driving and all bundled up to lol. The boat thing was hilarious, me and Nate being first timers thought you had to go from one green flag to the next but a bunch showed and so uh no clear down there lol so did it again and pretty much every boat there at the time sunk so everyone at the checkers had sticks to catch the things non were lost far as I know.
Got a short clip of the first time we tried the sailing but make note we did redo it after finding out had to go further downstream
Great pics thanks, and ya that was hilarious at the boat float! Us and everybody else running up and down the creek with sticks freeing up stuck and sunk boats...bunch of people fishing em out at the checkered flag! I had fun for sure and teamwork too, thanks to everybody grabbing boats out at the ending checkered flag...surprised more boats weren't lost LOL.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #250
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
Man, I just woke up and was disappointed to see that I wasn't still G6'n! I was running the night stage in my sleep! It was badass! Can't believe Parker had us driving blindfolded through a minefield, while searching for flying monkeys!? Parkers courses are simply off the hook! Even when I'm dreaming them
The Biggest Little G6 was no exception either. The location was prime, drivers we're happy, and the weather was perfect! I know I had a blast! And Angel was busy doin work. Those cut boggers worked flawlessly! My rig felt
dialed, and I enjoyed driving some of the most beautiful scale trails I have ever driven on.

Now into the short bus! What a blast! We all felt a little "Timm-ay" each time we piled in
But if you knew what we we're doing on the bus....................Playing with the new VP scx10 housings!!! In the words of Tim the Toolman, "Oooooooooo
hhhhhh"!
Thanks again for renting the bus Elio, and thanks again for driving Jim! Double thanks for the bathroom breaks!!!
I'd also really like to thank Todd for driving us to Sactown. Thanks again Brother!!

Thanks to all the supportors of the Recon G6! Thank you Axial Racing, Vanquish Products, Pitbull Tires, BPC, PLE, Propane and anyone my sleepy mind may have forgotten

Most importantly, I'd like to thank my brother from another mother Parker. Can't thank you enough for dreaming up this incredible format! And I'm not leaving out the crew........
Thank You Recon!!!
DID I READ VP SCX10 HOUSINGS?
J-FAB NOR-CAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:25 AM   #251
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-FAB NOR-CAL View Post
DID I READ VP SCX10 HOUSINGS?
Yep! They are sick

They will be available in two weeks or less
Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #252
I wanna be Dave

They're pretty SICK. A couple of underground names going around is the AR-44 or the SCX10-60!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #253
Rock Crawler

F@#K !!! We missed out... Sat in avalanche control on Hwy 88 for almost an hour before turning around...

Have fun in SoCal everybody.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #254
Rock Crawler

We were wondering what happened to you.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #255
Rock Crawler

I want to thank Parker, RECON, Brad, Cole, Tree, John, and Stu for another awesome event. I had a blast and can't wait for the next event.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #256
I wanna be Dave

There are several new terms being defined around the old r/c crawling water cooler these days, drive time is one of them. What is a RECON G6 Challenge is another, but I think that any of the drivers below could define them both in one word; FUN!

Thank you to every G6'er that defined the G6 Lifestlye at the Biggest Little G6 Challenge.

Here are your results:

G6 Ultra Class

G6 Team Class

G6 Wraith / 2.2 Class

G6 Adventurist

Congrats to our Drivers of the Day in each class:

Thom KoWatch - Ultra Driver
Rosa & Nico - Team
Dan Wilson - Wraith / 2.2
Angela Hill - Adventurist

The recap to the Biggest Little G6 Challenge which lived up to it's name is just around the corner. You don't want to miss this one, it's full of adventure & features a RECON G6 Challenge first, can you guess what it is? Read the recap to find out the answer and more.

Thank you to all the G6'ers, new & old, that finished one of the most incredible days of G6'n, ever!

I'm Parker; the G-Crew & I look forward to seeing you get your scaler fix, in the next RECON G6!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #257
RCC Addict

oh no thank you for giving use the g6 lifestlye to live.you rock parker
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #258
RCC Addict

5th, not as bad as I thought, more fun than anything else I could have done with my Saturday and way better than what I did on sunday thanks for all you do to make fun for us Mr. Parker and crew
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #259
I wanna be Dave

I don't know how many G6'ers noticed the latest G-Crew member on Saturday, hell, we didn't notice either. That's why we simply know this person as the "G6 Stalker in the Woods". Sasquatch? Paparazzi? G6'er History Maker? Whatever, whoever, thank you for the pics & we hope you can capture more of the same at the Malvado G6 Challenge.

G6'ers heard the most famous words in a RECON G6 Challenge; "G6'ers, light your lipos" & the pack of 70 plus drivers started their adventure.

G6'ers patiently wait their turn at the first river crossing, what could possibly be causing drivers to stop in their tracks and scream the unofficial battle cry of a RECON G6 Challenge.

Oh MY!

Do work, lil' G-Ride.

Got boat, will float. (kind of) Who ordered the class 7 rapids?

Living in the High Desert with legal gambling & it's always a crap shoot with the weather, but to a G6'er, this is Mother Nature's way of thanking us for all the trail clean up we do at every G6!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #260
I wanna be Dave

A G6 Challenge brings families together. Whether they'er immediate or part of our extended r/c family, it's cool to see everyone come out and have FUN!

Here's a couple of Northern Nevadas OG's waiting to get their scaler fix in a RECON G6.

I never get tired of seeing a G-Trail.

We're G6'n & you know it!

RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" G6 by AXIAL RACING / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 168 06-27-2012 07:10 PM
Aloha, RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" DRIVNMF Recon G6 142 04-19-2012 01:00 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Coyote Hole" by Axial Racing / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 167 03-18-2012 01:53 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Embrace the Suck" Jan 28th Nor-Cal DRIVNMF Recon G6 119 02-03-2012 11:15 PM
"Southern Wisconsin Extreme Rock Challenge" presented in part by SCRC rockextreme Competitions 4 05-09-2009 09:34 AM