Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 3S lipo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

ok so i took my stock ESC apart this morn to find two little tan color blocks soldered to the boards burnt with a small hole in each of them. i may get a pic to see if anyone can even tell me what the heck they are. dont know what they are but i know what they do when you reverse the polarity on a 3s!
cumminsontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I recently got a hobbywing ezrun system and they tell you that to run 3s (which they handle fine) you have to swap the cooling fan to a high voltage fan or power it from the rx. I know this esc is not designed for dual motors- I'm looking here to see if my cousin could run one of my 3s in his rs10 with stock esc. I'm thinking not. The fans though are really cheap at 3.50 shipped from hobbypartz.com- maybe that will help with the stock esc?
I'm just curious to see if more voltage might help overcome clodstall and give his truck a little more balls. Once I went 3s I'll never go back!
bluenosegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #23
RCC Addict

There are several guys in here running 3s on the stock ESC with great luck. From what I understand the fans do die pretty quickly under that much voltage on the stock units. Only thing is, the stock ESC isn't rated for that much voltage, so you're risking the ESC if you run 3s. It could hold up well, and it could die the first time you take it out. If he wants to try it, go for it...he could always upgrade to a nicer ESC if it does die.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote