Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Custom Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Custom Build

This is my personal rig that I tore completely down and built from the axles up using what ever I had laying around and as many RS10 parts as possible.

Bane Bot Motors
8T pinions
Hitech 645mg servo
ZNO-RC rear steer lockout
ZNO-RC servo mount
Berg aluminum knuckles
HB Rovers (white)
Proline 2 stage foams
Novak 3 cell Lipo Cutoff
RC 4wd Dig switch
Traxxas TQ4 2.4 Ghz Radio and reciever
RC 4wd esc w/6v-5a BEC (awesome replacement for the factory esc when you ground the factory one out with a meter and let the smoke out)

Name:  christo 1.JPG
Views: 564
Size:  83.9 KB
Name:  christo 2.JPG
Views: 645
Size:  80.1 KB
Name:  christo 3.JPG
Views: 574
Size:  73.3 KB
Name:  christo 4.JPG
Views: 550
Size:  77.9 KB
Name:  christo 5.JPG
Views: 571
Size:  71.1 KB
Name:  christo 6.JPG
Views: 551
Size:  63.0 KB

Unfortunately the servo mount and wing eliminators are not in these pics
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Nice build! Looks really good! Is that your chassis?
Jake
jr104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I don't see any pictures?
eggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Here are some pictures of it in action.

Name:  CIMG4794.JPG
Views: 537
Size:  82.5 KB

Name:  CIMG4797.JPG
Views: 550
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  CIMG4799.JPG
Views: 554
Size:  86.1 KB

Name:  CIMG4808.JPG
Views: 539
Size:  81.6 KB

Name:  VID00100.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  24.1 KB
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

He made the chassis himself. you know band saw, drill press, belt sander, and 20 minutes later he had a chassis.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:07 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

wow thats a nice rig. love those custom links. yall got some nice jagged rocks out there wish my home course had that much traction lol. my track is slick as snot on glass makes it fun though lol.
talon0713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Very nice!
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Finally got the video up loaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ0ZmC7sv0A
Old 05-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Here are some more some more pics of the under belly and current front setup with servo mount, high steering, and bat wing eliminator. The other thing I forgot to mention is we now are playing with under car lighting for night crawling setups. So that is the solar panel looking feature on the skid plate.

Name:  christo 7.JPG
Views: 507
Size:  87.6 KB
Name:  christo 8.JPG
Views: 505
Size:  56.2 KB

And after the comp this last weekend I broke one of our batwing eliminators dropping off a 3ft ledge and landing on the front end. So we made new parts first thing this week out of polycarbonate instead of cast acrylic. Still clear but much stronger

Name:  broken 1.JPG
Views: 528
Size:  87.4 KB
Old 05-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

No wait there's more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MtHwRboT4
Old 05-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Sweet lookin ride. I've been really curious about how those bane bots do, looks like they still stall a little bit but the wheel speed gets you out. I was never interested in comps but that looks fun! So long as its not full of a$$es that dog on your rig. How does it do against some other brands?
dudegetabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I am not understanding the image links? unless it is a firefox thing? All I see is the name of the file and size no link, no image????

Nevermind, it's a firefox thing.

Last edited by eggie; 05-26-2010 at 01:01 PM.
eggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Sweet lookin ride. I've been really curious about how those bane bots do, looks like they still stall a little bit but the wheel speed gets you out. I was never interested in comps but that looks fun! So long as its not full of a$$es that dog on your rig. How does it do against some other brands?
I have a feeling most all of the 380 motors you buy will have some stall especially if you run a 5.5 in tire but you can drive around it and in most cases it makes me a better driver having to pick better lines and really plan out your method of attack instead of just winging it like most of the big boys do. Overall though I like the bane bots but dont think there is that much difference from the stock motors. Dinocrawler is still running stock motors and his reacts very similar to mine.

As far as the local guys giving you a hard time that is something that we just expect when we show up. We will always be considered the underdog but that is half the fun of it. In our local group we have 4 bullys, 2 ax-10's, 2 losi comp crawlers, and a venom creeper. And out of that group with some practice we have placed in second and third before. This last weekend I think I was closer to 4-5th but it is still a blast to go out and compete.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:42 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Also some of what you think is motor stall in the video is actually me using my dig and trying to get the front end or rear end to move over. Most of the time unsuccessfully but its still fun to try.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNO-RC View Post
I have a feeling most all of the 380 motors you buy will have some stall especially if you run a 5.5 in tire but you can drive around it and in most cases it makes me a better driver having to pick better lines and really plan out your method of attack instead of just winging it like most of the big boys do. Overall though I like the bane bots but dont think there is that much difference from the stock motors. Dinocrawler is still running stock motors and his reacts very similar to mine.

As far as the local guys giving you a hard time that is something that we just expect when we show up. We will always be considered the underdog but that is half the fun of it. In our local group we have 4 bullys, 2 ax-10's, 2 losi comp crawlers, and a venom creeper. And out of that group with some practice we have placed in second and third before. This last weekend I think I was closer to 4-5th but it is still a blast to go out and compete.
I have found that most will talk smack online more than they will face to face. The ones that do face to face get checked real quick...

Nice rig!. You drove well and the rig looks very capable.

Jake
jr104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:05 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Awesome build
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

I might have to look for a comp to check out here in Fort collins. my stock motors started smoking today. I saw you were making parts out of acrylic and wondered if it could handle it. That stuff is so brittle its hard to put any torque on it. Proly great for those skids though, and cheap to. Parts look nice and clean!
dudegetabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I might have to look for a comp to check out here in Fort collins. my stock motors started smoking today. I saw you were making parts out of acrylic and wondered if it could handle it. That stuff is so brittle its hard to put any torque on it. Proly great for those skids though, and cheap to. Parts look nice and clean!
Yeah the Wing Eliminators we had to change material on because they were too brittle but the servo mount has a lot of meat and is holding up great. The skid plates work awesome though since they are so hard they dont gouge at all and can really take a beating while gliding over almost anything. Besides now that we have the undercar lights we can mount them inside the skids and do some night crawling .

I really enjoy the comps though it makes us strive to make better parts and show off what our underdog RS10's can do.

How did you smoke your motors?

Thank you everyone for all your compliments.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

when will the servo mounts be available i didnt see them on the web site
nwcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
when will the servo mounts be available i didnt see them on the web site
The servo mount will be on the web site by the end of the week. We hoped to have it available sooner but have been working on pricing and some other new products. So keep checking our website. Thanks