Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Are the RedCats RS10 XT durable? What say you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #1

Default Are the RedCats RS10 XT durable? What say you?

Decided to make a video trying to point out that the redcat rs10 xt (at least mine and those of my bros) is actually quite durable, specially for being a RTR for less than $200. This was because I heard some people say it's no durable!

If the RS10 is not durable, then I have a huge amount of luck, because mine has survived a lot of stuff!

What say you ppl, it is or not durable?
halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 AM   #2

Out of the box i guess it wasnt to bad there was def some room for improvement though. For instamce the plastic becomes pretty brittle when its cold out.overall no real complaints though mine lasted me a good month before i broke anything.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
gotajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Are the RedCats RS10 XT durable? What say you?

pretty cool... sooo are those straight out from the box? completly stock?
rc dreemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc dreemer View Post
pretty cool... sooo are those straight out from the box? completly stock?
The one (@0:2eight) that still have the "antenna", have tower pro like servos and a battery with more amps, the rest is stock. The servos are the weak part of the car.

The red/yellow (mine) have the most changes, the tires, shocks, battery servos, body, body post to fit the new body. Mostly, I simply wanted to change the looks (reds, yellows and oranges) of it to represent the channel I have on YT and also to give it an aggressive look! Here are pictures of my crawler.

The one with the "grave digger" body have a different receiver and transmitter because my nephew (while still 5 years old) broke the antenna (and his dad simply installed a receiver/transmitter he had from a maxstone eight).

I never broke anything other than 2 plastic rod ends, the gear pin on one of the axles (fixed it with a nail) and the body of the RedCat. Oh and one contact from one of the motor. Here is how to fix a contact.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I think it is durable but these people saying it's not what are they comparing it to? To get an xr10 running stock with electrics is about $500 plus. The red cat being $150 to $200 depending on you country that's a $300 gap. With $300 you could get new motors, ESC, tyres, decent servo up front easy depending on what you buy. One day I wish to own a xr or berg but till then will mod the $hit out of the red cat. The difference between the redcat and other moa's are the aftermarket support that makes them durable, not so much bully and berg but xr10 aren't too good out of the box. Hey G you xr guys love your VP parts. Plus the rs10 is cheaper to buy say steel gears ect. With some fine tunning and modding any rs10 can be as good as an xr10. But the problem is no aftermarket support and lack of steering on the red cat. So these are the issues us red cat drivers need to look at and come up with anwsers so we can create our own aftermarket support. Well that's it for me.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Yes i've rolled mine a lot ( no 5ft drops on the wheel ends or lots of cart wheeling )

( servos - not so much )
Pat M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat M View Post
( servos - not so much )
Yeah, mine lasted a week, but then got 2 Tower Pro metal gears for $12!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
RCC Addict

My front one lasted a week, the back lasted a month so it's just the luck of the draw and how you drive. Mind you the front broke from a big roll down some sharp rocks.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajey View Post
I think it is durable but these people saying it's not what are they comparing it to? To get an xr10 running stock with electrics is about $500 plus. The red cat being $150 to $200 depending on you country that's a $300 gap. With $300 you could get new motors, ESC, tyres, decent servo up front easy depending on what you buy. One day I wish to own a xr or berg but till then will mod the $hit out of the red cat. The difference between the redcat and other moa's are the aftermarket support that makes them durable, not so much bully and berg but xr10 aren't too good out of the box. Hey G you xr guys love your VP parts. Plus the rs10 is cheaper to buy say steel gears ect. With some fine tunning and modding any rs10 can be as good as an xr10. But the problem is no aftermarket support and lack of steering on the red cat. So these are the issues us red cat drivers need to look at and come up with anwsers so we can create our own aftermarket support. Well that's it for me.
X2 on this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajey View Post
....But the problem is no aftermarket support and lack of steering on the red cat. So these are the issues us red cat drivers need to look at and come up with anwsers so we can create our own aftermarket support. Well that's it for me.
we need to band together & get the support we do have (CPE & ZNO-RC) to stay with us. maybe one way is to help with the fab work to get these guys to keep going, maybe "they" can chime in & give us some ideas too!?
rc dreemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I've had my RS-10 since christmas and i havent broken anything on it yet but i know i soon will. Servos are my next purchase
Jsouza1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Are the RedCats RS10 XT durable? What say you? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
any scale redcats ASG#930 Redcat Crawlers 9 05-28-2011 05:21 PM
crawling with other redcats rs-10s spanky84 Redcat Crawlers 7 03-14-2011 07:41 PM
Durable SERVO ?? barebones RC4WD Bully 6 09-20-2010 10:46 AM
how durable are losi's? J-Money Team Losi Comp Crawler 9 11-15-2009 12:21 AM