Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: rs10 esc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2015, 06:21 AM   #1

Default rs10 esc

ok so maybe someone on here can help me figure out my issue so i got my castle bec yesterday. i hooked it up as per the paper that it came with unplugged the red wire on my esc. now do i just plug it into the open channel on my reciver cause i did that and when i turned on remote and esc it just flashed and i had nothing at the throttle or steering.
straight6zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2015, 07:24 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: rs10 esc

pictures
I know this is a stupid question you did hook up the castle bec to the battery?
and too - did you get the castle link cable and software or know someone who has it?
there is a possibility the bec is set for lipo shutoff and the battery is not charged up high enough
or the bec is set for a 3s.

any open channel in the receiver is ok.

there are other options for that bec, it is needed to drive the higher torque servos, it is not needed to drive anything else
the bec from the esc can power the receiver. run the sevo connector into a y splitter, remove the red from one of the ends
and plug into the receiver, plug the bec into the other end. you might have to splice the red and black bec wires to the red and black
wires on the y since the ends will be both female. if you were here I have male-male adapters but ...

if you are using the nimh pack or a 2s lipo you do not even need a bec. just wire the servo red lead straight into the battery like I was
showing you and the black is going to a good neg. you only really need a bec if you are using 3s or more.

Last edited by cabron; 04-08-2015 at 07:32 PM.
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:18 AM   #3

i was told to get a bec,cause of the upgraded servo i have. i eliminated the rear steering and i'm running the hitec hs-5645mg. will my 2s and stock redcat esc handle that with out the bec cabron ?
Old 04-09-2015, 06:20 AM   #4

oh and no to the castle link,should i grab that for future i'm sure i will need the bec at some point. this was my first crawler to learn with i will be purchasing better model in future
Old 04-09-2015, 07:29 AM   #5
RCC Addict

the castle link is a must have. if you have any buddies near, one of you all should have one and all can
share.
a bec is something that will not hurt you and can help you but it is not always really needed once you have
more knowledge about the needs of your vehicles. read the info on that hitec servo and see the different
output torque levels at different input voltages. you will notice that at higher voltages you get a significant
increase in torque, which is good. but what voltage to choose? you set a bec at 7 volts and do a lot of steering
that cheap redcat receiver might not be too happy, it might be happier at 6 volts, I am not sure on the specs
on the redcat. if you have a manual, it might say what voltage range the receiver will take.

did you understand about powering the servo straight from the battery (or a bec)? and letting the esc power the receiver.
I can try to explain this a bit better if you want. there are two circuits in use on a servo, the power circuit and the signal
circuit. usually they both are connected together through the servo plug but you already know the red wire is the positive
voltage to power the servo along with the black, this is the power circuit. the orange wire along with black makes up the signal
circuit. the black wire is shared by both. so you can connect the orange and a black to the receiver and the red and a black to
the bec or the battery. I say battery because at 2s or 6 cell nimh it is at 7.2 volts which is a good place for the better servos.

so which ocean are you near to?
Old 04-09-2015, 08:31 AM   #6

i am on the east coast new jersey i will do some research on the reciever and see what it can n cant handle i ran the truck last night with no bec it seemed fine no glitches or anything and thank you for the information
Old 04-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #7

so i just purchased the castle link and castle link quick connect. on amazon love prime gaurenteed to be here by saturday morning or tommorow
Old 04-09-2015, 06:23 PM   #8
RCC Addict

another bud starts to bloom

rs10 esc - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rs10 esc question slhawkins77 Electronics 3 11-11-2014 07:54 AM
RS10 ESC malfunction iggy809 Redcat Crawlers 17 11-18-2012 11:10 AM
Rs10 esc XtrmTJ Redcat Crawlers 11 06-12-2012 09:43 PM
3s on a stock rs10 esc? shaggy2112 Redcat Crawlers 3 01-30-2012 03:35 PM