RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RPP Hobby (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rpp-hobby/)
-   -   RPPHOBBY.COM- Post public questions,suggestions, or feedback here (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rpp-hobby/68978-rpphobby-com-post-public-questions-suggestions-feedback-here.html)

RPP Hobby 06-20-2017 11:31 AM

Re: RPPHOBBY.COM- Post public questions,suggestions, or feedback here

They got delivered this morning and will be shipping out today!

Thank you for your pre-order,
Jim
RPP Hobby

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honcho907 (Post 5718958)
Just wondering. When will the pre-orderd proline 4runners be shipped? Been seeing them pop up everywhere all sexy and painted up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

DirtyChevy45 07-21-2017 06:40 AM

hey guys, just want to say thank you for the great service you provide for this industry. you may be able to find products cheaper on amazon or ebay. but it doesn't add up to the service and attention to quality you get from this company. i'm glad ive started doing business with y'all and plan to for the years to come! its seems as if this company is founded on great morals from what i have seen and delt with while doing business with y'all. keep up the great work youve got another life long customer!

Mike Coleman

mikemcE 08-14-2017 08:38 AM

I love you guys, BUT ordering on weekends OR late night , why is the order frozen "processing"
When you are closed and gone ? I hate paying postage and would like to add an item or two many times.

Hang up and Drive

JatoTheRipper 09-13-2017 10:35 AM

Did you get rid of free shipping? Your site says $43.29 is the cheapest shipping option for a Trail Finder 2! :shock:

RPP Hobby 09-13-2017 03:12 PM

Sorry JatoTheRipper, Free Shipping does not apply to some items on our store. We understand everyone would love free shipping, but in several cases our margins are so low, if you use a coupon code and we shipped for free, we would have zero profit or be selling below our cost. That would make it very difficult for us to keep "our doors open"!

From our Free Shipping details page https://www.rpphobby.com/Articles.asp?ID=144:
Some items do not qualify for Free Shipping. This can be for various reasons including, but not limited to:
Special pricing, weight, over-sized packages, etc.

Note, smaller items from RC4WD do ship for free and qualify for coupons and sales. In the case of the TF2, although it will not ship for free, it still qualifies for a coupon discount.

I hope you understand and we appreciate your support as a customer.

-Jim
RPP Hobby

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5748012)
Did you get rid of free shipping? Your site says $43.29 is the cheapest shipping option for a Trail Finder 2! :shock:

JatoTheRipper 09-13-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPP Hobby (Post 5748102)
Sorry JatoTheRipper, Free Shipping does not apply to some items on our store. We understand everyone would love free shipping, but in several cases our margins are so low, if you use a coupon code and we shipped for free, we would have zero profit or be selling below our cost. That would make it very difficult for us to keep "our doors open"!

From our Free Shipping details page https://www.rpphobby.com/Articles.asp?ID=144:
Some items do not qualify for Free Shipping. This can be for various reasons including, but not limited to:
Special pricing, weight, over-sized packages, etc.

Note, smaller items from RC4WD do ship for free and qualify for coupons and sales. In the case of the TF2, although it will not ship for free, it still qualifies for a coupon discount.

I hope you understand and we appreciate your support as a customer.

-Jim
RPP Hobby

I'll be blunt, but completely honest. It's getting difficult to shop at RPP Hobby. I used to be a huge fan, huge supporter, and huge proponent, but that has quickly waned as of late.

I'll explain why using the TF2 example because that's what I'm currently in the market for. The $40 off of the TF2 kit from your current 10% coupon is negated by the $43 shipping charge.

Your competition offers $30 to $40 off of the TF2 kit (even $60 off if you're a club member of one site) and they still offer free shipping. It's hard to remain faithful when the competition offers the same product shipped to my door for $30 to $60 less than RPP.

I know you're a smaller company and that coupled with with the really quick responses via Facebook used to make up for a big portion of the pricing disparity. But now even that perk is gone since you got rid of the option to contact you via Facebook.

I share this information not to simply knock RPP Hobby, but I share it in hopes that you use it to improve your company and, at the least, get it back to where it was not long ago. "thumbsup"

gixxerman 12-14-2017 04:30 PM

Wow! After reading through some of these posts I feel as though I’m repeating some of what has already been said...I ordered on Black Friday...realized I ordered the wrong thing...called Friday afternoon and spoke with 2 of the nicest people!!! My order was corrected and the shipment arrived Monday...lol...Monday!!! In Central Pa nonetheless...I was completely shocked it came that quick and no...I didn’t pay for expedited shipping. When you read how quick RPP ships it’s no joke. Thank you so very much for your great customer support and super fast ship times...other big name hobby retailers should learn from you guys! Thank you again!

SHOme 12-15-2017 04:31 AM

I just wanted to take the time to thank you guys for the excellent customer service. You definitely went above and beyond. I started using RPP because of the reputation you have for fast shipping and customer service. I will continue to use RPP because of your actions yesterday. It is hard to find companies that are truly dedicated to pleasing their customers. You guys made me feel like I was more important than the bottom line. That’s awesome.

Teng 12-15-2017 05:25 AM

This is great to know. Unfortunately RPP do not ship to my country yet. Otherwise I will be their power buyer[emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Highmark 12-20-2017 04:58 PM

Just wanted to swing by and give a shout-out.

I called and asked for a package to be held until I could get back so it wasn't setting on my porch (poor planning on my part) and the guy I spoke with not only helped me out, but was super friendly. I've always gotten fantastic service from RPP for the last 10+ years, but it really cemented why I shop with you all. You guys are awesome and we're lucky to have you as part of the hobby.

Jeepiac 01-02-2018 05:15 PM

Just a quick note to say thank you for having such amazing customer service. I just received a call from one of your people informing me that there was an inventory error in your system and a part I had ordered was not available in the original color I had chosen.
One quick conversation over the phone and the issue is taken care of. "thumbsup"
Small things like this makes a world of difference.

JatoTheRipper 01-03-2018 09:40 AM

I appreciate the free shipping after Christmas! I placed an order for the first time in a bit. Offer more free shipping days and you'll get orders from me.

I went to place a second order the next day and free shipping had turned into around $12 or 10% of my order which eats up the 10% off from the coupon you provided. Sorry, I just can't justify that.

Ditchrat 01-03-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5748201)
I'll be blunt, but completely honest. It's getting difficult to shop at RPP Hobby. I used to be a huge fan, huge supporter, and huge proponent, but that has quickly waned as of late.

I'll explain why using the TF2 example because that's what I'm currently in the market for. The $40 off of the TF2 kit from your current 10% coupon is negated by the $43 shipping charge.

Your competition offers $30 to $40 off of the TF2 kit (even $60 off if you're a club member of one site) and they still offer free shipping. It's hard to remain faithful when the competition offers the same product shipped to my door for $30 to $60 less than RPP.

I know you're a smaller company and that coupled with with the really quick responses via Facebook used to make up for a big portion of the pricing disparity. But now even that perk is gone since you got rid of the option to contact you via Facebook.

I share this information not to simply knock RPP Hobby, but I share it in hopes that you use it to improve your company and, at the least, get it back to where it was not long ago. "thumbsup"

Huge RPP fan.

I have to say that the last two rigs I bought, a RC4WD beast, and scx10ii came from another seller simply due to the free shipping. I generally order parts at the same time to increase the total order.

That being said, if I don't have that big purchase that shipping matters, I order from you.

You have to do what you have to do to remain in business. I am just sharing my shopping habits.

BigSki 01-25-2018 12:44 PM

Any idea on time frame to get re-stocked w/ the LURC HD AX-10 spools?

I hope all is well for everyone at the shop. "thumbsup"

RPP Hobby 01-26-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSki (Post 5792851)
Any idea on time frame to get re-stocked w/ the LURC HD AX-10 spools?

I hope all is well for everyone at the shop. "thumbsup"

Thank you BigSki, things are going well with lots of improvements being made to better support and engage customers. We have ordered the Lockedup RC HD spools and they should be here sometime next week.

BigSki 02-20-2018 05:14 PM

Thanks to whom ever it was yesterday on the phone that looked at the Gmade wheels to determine if they had scale hardware included, it was great service ! "thumbsup"

HumboldtEF 02-20-2018 06:16 PM

I like to leave reviews on the stuff I purchase but I have one suggestion on the process, let us review just what we want to review and not the entire order. I've had some orders with too many items to review, and others with items I didn't feel ready to review yet. I know I'd leave more reviews If I could be selective about it.

Thanks, you guys rock!

mikemcE 02-20-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5803143)
I like to leave reviews on the stuff I purchase but I have one suggestion on the process, let us review just what we want to review and not the entire order. I've had some orders with too many items to review, and others with items I didn't feel ready to review yet. I know I'd leave more reviews If I could be selective about it.

Thanks, you guys rock!

You can review any single item on all orders. I’ve done it

Hang up and Drive

RPP Hobby 02-21-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSki (Post 5803127)
Thanks to whom ever it was yesterday on the phone that looked at the Gmade wheels to determine if they had scale hardware included, it was great service ! "thumbsup"

Thank you BigSki, that was Zack. Thanks to your call we are updating listings and photos for many outdated/revised items from Gmade. - Nate RPP Hobby

HumboldtEF 02-21-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 5803147)
You can review any single item on all orders. I’ve done it

Hang up and Drive

Ah so you must be going to the product page and adding a review. I've been using the link sent over email asking for review and It wont let you complete it until you review every single item in the order.

I'll try it the other way, thanks.

BigSki 03-01-2018 09:45 AM

Can you tell me what brand of body mounts you guys used in this pic? I've been spending way too much time trying to figure it out, without any luck.
"thumbsup"

https://cdn3.volusion.com/7z62e.xvk6...jpg?1509388456

Sneetches 03-01-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSki (Post 5806459)
Can you tell me what brand of body mounts you guys used in this pic? I've been spending way too much time trying to figure it out, without any luck.
"thumbsup"

I don't think they're exact but they look kind of like the offset posts with the SCX10 II, AXI31391.

RPP Hobby 03-02-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSki (Post 5806459)
"thumbsup"

The ones in the photo are AX80123 from the old SCX10 Wrangler https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/ax80123.htm

For a SCX10 II option you can get AX31391 https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/ax31391.htm Out of stock right now with ETA of late this month.

HumboldtEF 03-05-2018 05:49 PM

Is there any info on the 4th Annual RPP Jamboree yet? I had a blast last year and cant wait for more.

RPP Hobby 03-06-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5808041)
Is there any info on the 4th Annual RPP Jamboree yet? I had a blast last year and cant wait for more.

We will be posting all info this month, finalizing the last details now. It will be Mid Oct again this year. We are glad you had a blast last year and look forward to providing new things this year!

TheLetterJ 03-16-2018 10:53 AM

Maybe I'm missing something, but do orders still ship free after $150? I've got $350+ in my cart and it went over $400 with tax and shipping.

Edit: figured it out, my Sawback kit isn't eligible to ship for free. That's kind of a deal breaker...

bilinvic 03-16-2018 02:54 PM

I miss RPP's Salvage Yard....used to be lots of good stuff in there. :cry:

sawback 03-19-2018 08:13 PM

Your shipping outside the lower 48 is the most $$ of any website I ever tryed to order from. Tower, Rc4wd, ebay all where much less. I shipped lots being in business including heavy oversize even with fedex and it was way less from many other vendors.

I did order maybe twice from rpp, the second time was a real joke I payed almost as much for the items as shipping was and it was a big order multible kits/rtr's. I was in a pinch to get anything localy around christmass I waited to long gocking at your site and many others, My eyes damb near popped out when I checked out and included shipping! But it was too late time ran out so I just went through with the order anyway., Tis was a few years back I just dug up the bill and had to comment.

I will never use your site again and would advize the same to anyone outside of the 48, alos your customer servie is very bad when asking qestions at check out, I dont think I even used the weak discount or it was never mentioned when asking? No big deal as it makes almost no difference with a $150 shipping bill

wcdfmt510 05-01-2018 10:35 AM

No more salvage yard?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

RPP Hobby 05-02-2018 09:38 AM

Correct, with recent changes in the industry with regards to Axial the salvage yard was closed.

bilinvic 06-17-2018 10:06 AM

What's up with Traxxas parts only being shipped to USA? This is a definitely going to curb my exuberant spending habits with RPP!!!

BurnLatex 06-17-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilinvic (Post 5842918)
What's up with Traxxas parts only being shipped to USA? This is a definitely going to curb my exuberant spending habits with RPP!!!

Ditto!

JatoTheRipper 06-18-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilinvic (Post 5842918)

I believe that is Traxxas mandated. My LHS got scolded by Traxxas for selling to Canada.

RPP Hobby 06-18-2018 08:56 AM

JatoTheRipper is correct, this is mandated by Traxxas. Retailers are only authorized to sell to home region addresses.

Rekreant 06-18-2018 04:41 PM

Any chance you could you could confirm / deny if there will be a July 4th sale this year? I have a big order to place and if its more than the June 10% sale Id like to take advantage of it....

whitrzac 06-18-2018 06:33 PM

Make the shopping cart attached to an account/login. I browse on 3 different computers, it would be nice if the cart items followed my login.

The default sort when something is searched for should be "relevant" not "availability" I want to know if you have what I'm looking for, not that you also have a trx4 a radio and servos...

Please stock bob dively liquid mask.

Rekreant 06-19-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekreant (Post 5843322)
Any chance you could you could confirm / deny if there will be a July 4th sale this year? I have a big order to place and if its more than the June 10% sale Id like to take advantage of it....

Any input?

HumboldtEF 06-19-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitrzac (Post 5843344)
Make the shopping cart attached to an account/login. I browse on 3 different computers, it would be nice if the cart items followed my login.

I have a similar issue, for now my solution is to put items in a wish list as that will cross over to a different computer.

RPP Hobby 06-20-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekreant (Post 5843322)

Sorry, cant confirm or deny if there will be any sales. We do many sales over the year and best way to be informed is to sign up for email from our website or fallow on Facebook, Instagram or right here on RCC.

RPP Hobby 06-20-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitrzac (Post 5843344)

The default sort when something is searched for should be "relevant" not "availability" I want to know if you have what I'm looking for, not that you also have a trx4 a radio and servos...

Please stock bob dively liquid mask.

With the webstore provider we use each cart is based on a cookie on each device regardless of being logged in. Sorry at this time we are not able to base carts on accounts. As HumboldtEF mentioned a great use of the wishlist is add the items there and you can check that from any device while logged in to your account. We can also access that from our end if you call us to do a phone order or have questions.

We are working on the search function to allow less alternate results many search terms if not specific enough can bring up many items.

The Bob Dively Liquid Mask is no longer available to us via our sources.