Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: Fire Extinguisher Scale 1:10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Fire Extinguisher Scale 1:10

Here's an update with a couple guys comments and pics of the FE-5's.

Heres a couple on my truck: Tamiya F350 HL

"The Perfect fire Extinguisher . Realistic - best real looking ever made - Second place are the plastic jobbies and those rip butt if you want to dress up your custom style rig. If you want something done right - gatta break down and do it yourself, I said. These are totally awesome in real life. Pics don't do them justice." FodigoDave

Build thread:
Petaluma F350 Build High Lift

Here's one on RCC member Moto's rig

"I GOT IT!!! This thing is Awesome! It's the perfect size too! You really did a good job on it. The Scale sticker is over the top! I'm afraid to handle it, it's so perfect!...
That thing is freakin awesome! Looks like the real deal." Minge
Build:
Moto's Wreckluse

Here's one on RCC member Big Mike's rig

"This extinguisher looks so real, it seriously looks like a real extinguisher shrunk down to 1:10th scale, right down to the gauge face and the label. You almost want to pull the pin and fire it, it looks so real. It not only sports a proper inspection tag, but the tag is attached to the extinguishers neck with a tiny piece of twisted wire just like the real thing. Dave puts some serious attention to detail into these and it shows. They are as scale as it gets... I asked myself once or twice if I was crazy, paying 50 bucks for a scale fire extinguisher. Now that I have seen it firsthand, I feel it's well worth it for sure. It looks way better than any other I've ever seen, and it will be the crown jewel of my build.... " Big_Mike
Build:
BM's SCX10/CGR Blazer

Extinguishers for QUALITY style Rigs !
No Plastics
No Crap

PM me if interested.

Dave

Last edited by FodigoDave; 05-07-2009 at 04:05 PM.
FodigoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #2
RCC Addict

How do they mount, is there a screw hole in the back?
jeepcj578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:33 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcj578 View Post
How do they mount, is there a screw hole in the back?
Jeepcj, that's a really good question. I've been working on several designs but haven't come up with something that qualifies by my standards. However, the unit easily mounts. It just depends on what your mounting it too.

The extinguisher has a glass casing so it's perfectly smooth (No Plastic Parts) the actuator, handles, nozzel, and gauge are all aluminum and hand built. It can be mounted using your own design or you can band the extinguisher using thin strips of aluminum (or aluminum tape), use epoxy to glue, or use a thin strip of double stick tape.

On my rig, I used a combo of epoxy and aluminum bands.

Last edited by FodigoDave; 05-18-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
RCC Addict

how about something like this (the black ones) that could take 2 smalll button head 2mm screws
jeepcj578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcj578 View Post
how about something like this (the black ones) that could take 2 smalll button head 2mm screws
The ones on the left might work but unless your rig runs on air, it'll likely fall out of it's mount. However, your on the right track with the mounts on the right. That's very similar to what I'm designing. That same type of idea only with a cupped bottom instead of a strap.

The extinguisher sits in the base and the neck then snaps in place. This way it can be mounted horizontally or vertically and will withstand a roll over. Also comes out easy. Coming up with the best material (CRS (cold rolled steel)) to use is where I'm at in testing the phase. I've tested the roll-over theory, of course not on purpose - but it held in place and didn't come out of the mount (a points deduction in scale competition).

Your on the right track with the mounts but again, easier ways are like those pictures below of guys using other ideas to mount. However, I like total scale perfection so thats the main reason for the mount and design efforts.

Last edited by FodigoDave; 05-14-2009 at 02:19 PM.