Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: 3r racing winch problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #21
I'm a retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbr302 View Post
I was hooking up my winch last night and i didnt want to have a huge battery pack so i cut the wires going to the tamia plugs and soldered on a 4 aa reciever pack. I have a two way switch on my remote so the winch is either going in or out. so i had the idea of having a servo that would hit the button i had it almost done and was testing it out when all of a sudden my circuit board for the winch started on FIRE! I cut the wires and it went out.

OK what happened and why did it do this. Did the reciever pack did this? And what can i do other than having a servo pushing the button? How can i run the winch other than a huge battery pack?

I dunno bout everyone else but I run just a Venom 3 channel radio and RX, just like any other 3 channel system 2.4 or not with a 2 way switch and if you plug the controler into the 3rd channel and then go to the brake mix channel and turn the mix allll the way down to 0 then go down to the on/off part of the brake mix channel (on mine its in the same screen) and when you hit the +or - button it turns it on or off or however yours works and that switches the winch on and off then the once its on the two way switch is feed or retract of course then just use the on off to stop the winch, its easy as pie!! also I connect it to a small 2/3A 6 cell battery pack like a receiver pack from a traxxas er something,...I found this by accident and it works killer and I can use it while conroling the truck cause your just in the brake mixing channel!!! try it out just play around with your remote and Im pretty sure they all should work that way....

Last edited by rockhopperz; 06-09-2010 at 07:01 PM.
rockhopperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links