Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: Scale rules committee press release!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Love the rules so far. I like that it's based on tire size and not wheel size
Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Would streatching tires be classified as a mod? For example if you take a 1.9 tire and put it on a 2.2 wheel without cutting?
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #23
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyseven View Post
Would streatching tires be classified as a mod? For example if you take a 1.9 tire and put it on a 2.2 wheel without cutting?
I wouldn't think so, but not sure. That type of mod might need to be discussed.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

I agree with ricky you didnt change anything to the tire. you just put it on a larger rim guys do that with tires all the time 1.55's on 1.9 rims.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

nice job guys!!
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyseven View Post
That would be fine, as long as you don't cut or remove any of the tire.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Are there any tires that are not allowed I looked but didn't see anything. I know the size thing but what about tires themselves.
TXJeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXJeeper1 View Post
Are there any tires that are not allowed I looked but didn't see anything. I know the size thing but what about tires themselves.
You didnt see anything because there is nothing else posted yet, nothing else will be official till the rules are posted..
Old 12-05-2010, 08:50 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I understand that but I am in the middle of my build and I am trying to decide what tires to run on it and don't really want to have to buy 2 sets if I pick the wrong ones. So are there any that anyone knows of that will be illegal?
TXJeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

Good idea on tire size but class 1 kinda contradicts scale building. I've seen so many scale builds where the tires are modified to make the build more scale. If class 1 is the "uber scale rigs" class but the tires can't be modified then its not an "uber scale rig" cause the tires look to wide or tall and vice versa when they needed to be modified. So is the scale committee gonna call proline or rc4wd when there scale build needs a tire mod so they can run the "uber scale rigs" class?
neightfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neightfrog View Post
Good idea on tire size but class 1 kinda contradicts scale building. I've seen so many scale builds where the tires are modified to make the build more scale. If class 1 is the "uber scale rigs" class but the tires can't be modified then its not an "uber scale rig" cause the tires look to wide or tall and vice versa when they needed to be modified. So is the scale committee gonna call proline or rc4wd when there scale build needs a tire mod so they can run the "uber scale rigs" class?
From the link with the list of tires posted earlier in this thread, there are 19 tires that will fit into class 1, Your telling me that none of those tires will work for a class 1 build?
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #32
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
From the link with the list of tires posted earlier in this thread, there are 19 tires that will fit into class 1, Your telling me that none of those tires will work for a class 1 build?
Only 19?! What a bunch of tire nazi's...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:24 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

You can't please everyone. If you don't like the rules, don't compete. No one is telling you not to build your rig the way you want to. We're doing this to even the playing field.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by neightfrog View Post
Which truck of yours are you concerned about??
Old 12-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Hang in there guys, hope you guys are getting close.

Last edited by justinart24; 12-07-2010 at 01:15 AM.
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

These 3 classes are going to put pretty much all my local guys into class 2. I don't think I've seen a class 1 rig anywhere around here. I will say after making my own set of scale rules it's not easy to do. Thanks to the Rules Committee for putting in the time, and curse you for not asking me to be in your club.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
Hang in there guys, hope you guys are getting close.
Surprisingly, yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
These 3 classes are going to put pretty much all my local guys into class 2. I don't think I've seen a class 1 rig anywhere around here. I will say after making my own set of scale rules it's not easy to do. Thanks to the Rules Committee for putting in the time, and curse you for not asking me to be in your club.
Yep, a large portion of existing 1.9 builds will likely end up in this class. Remember this class and it's rules are being made with keeping rtr rigs like the Honcho in mind. It's the "introductory" scale class if you will, where the new guys will fit right in.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
class 2 and 3 are not really the new class. I would expect most clubs wont have very many class 1 rigs and if the do the rigs have been sitting on shelves or just doing photo shoots. because those rigs have never really been able to compete with a typical 1.9 comp scaler type of truck..
Old 12-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Scale Rule Committee,

Have you guys thought about giving scale points for pan-hard bar setups, and functional Transfer cases?

I was just thinking this would push the scale envelope more and help out vendors/manufactures.

Justin,
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Keep the faith, Justin. We're on it.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote