Thread: Ripsaws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2015, 11:53 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Ripsaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Well said JJ
I try, and I say it all the time..... Grown men, playing with TOY cars for bowling throphies. You will never make everyone happy, but you can try to keep it fair to the best of your ability.

Now making people agree what's fair.... we are all lost.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
This battle is never going to be won, and I am by no means trying to change your mind. Scale is always in the eye of the builder and no two people think alike. That is the joy of this hobby and the world in general.

Now I totally disagree with your comments on the battery tray. Electronics and/or battery weight lower and pushing on the axle (ie axle mounted) will always be a very big advantage. Plus you want everyone to play by the same rules - make that battery tray legal and then every scale rig has to be allowed to mount all their electronics and lipos on the front axle if they wish.

The ripsaw being that good is an opinion, ask 20 people which tire is best and you'll get 15 different answers. I prefer pitbulls all day long.
The rules wont let you do a fully custom tread, only cut and shuts from approved tires within C3.
I've driven southern cut boggers on the street - sucks, sure. but I knew that when I did it and accepted it.

So again - everything you are throwing at me is opinion based and if you polled the entire community of RCC you would get tons and tons of different replys and ideas. The Rules Committee does a damn hard job weeding through all suggestions, issues, and ideas. At the end of the day a lot of things HAVE to be taken into account when you change, add or modify a rule. Does axial get preference over any other company - doubtful. They know our rules and if you look at the history of all the companies adding to our hobby, it is a two way street.
Does things happen that the Committee has to stand their ground on (your battery tray and proline tires), yeah. But they are done with a lot of thinking from a good group of guys, that spend hours coming at ideas and problems from every angle.

Instead of trying to bash a single tire and the company that made it - Why don't you ask to be apart of the SC and help with the rules as a whole?

but now axials have a advantage over me because they run electronic on their axles which adds weight. i guess i could mount a dumby servo that is full of lead. is that legal?

I've owned many axials. sold my comp wraith to get a ascender.
trying to build another axial based class 3 now.
I'm in a never ending cycle where i build then i get i get bored because it gets too easy.
Nicolasmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:11 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolasmj View Post
but now axials have a advantage over me because they run electronic on their axles which adds weight. i guess i could mount a dumby servo that is full of lead. is that legal?
You get Scale points over the servo on axle.... How many national level comps have YOU been too that the guys in the top 5 are not driving Fully pointed rigs?

Cause now your going a completely different route in this whole topic.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:18 PM   #24
20K Club

When the Ripsaw was designed, it was loosely based around several tires, one of which being the MTZ. While size, depth and spacing proportions are not exact, it isn't the biggest leap. Many more liberties are taken with "scale" than the proportions of that tire. The design uses similarly shaped lugs, veins between tread blocks, openings on the sidewall,etc. I also hear that the guy who designed them is remarkably intelligent and very very modest...

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I also hear that the guy who designed them is remarkably intelligent and very very modest...

This thread needed some jokes....
Old 06-19-2015, 12:48 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

I had a big reply then my phone browser crashed.....boo.

anyways, I actually love the r35 compound ripsaws, they were the first tire i ran on my first wraith/first rc. i ran them until the foams wouldn't keep the tires in a useful shape then started driving on the wheels so i sold them.

I'm just bored and like to debate rules. find the loop holes or the rules that need to be tweaked to be proper.
I do it at our local comps all the time exocaged can vouch for that.

debating and going back and forth helps refine for the better.

hope you guys had fun as i know i did.

I need to get out to a national level comp at some point, it is just a long drive from florida to play in a toy comp for a bowling trophy.

Last edited by Nicolasmj; 06-19-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Nicolasmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

anyways, I actually love the r35 compound ripsaws, they were the first tire i ran on my first wraith/first rc. i ran them until the foams wouldn't keep the tires in a useful shape then started driving on the wheels so i sold them.

I'm just bored and like to debate rules. find the loop holes or the rules that need to be tweaked to be proper.

I need to get out to a national level comp at some point, it is just a long drive from florida to play in a toy comp for a bowling trophy.

I retract my prior statement about asking to join the SC
Old 06-19-2015, 03:38 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

sometimes you get shirts and hats too
Absurd is offline   Reply With Quote

Ripsaws - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 ripsaws? desertmaxx Tires and Wheels 6 08-06-2012 08:19 PM