Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: scale coil suspension pionts ....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2015, 08:13 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: scale coil suspension pionts ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla_cracker View Post
I can't say that I agree with you about tcase and sliders hindering performance. It is also clear that neither one of us going to be swayed from our opinions. So I think rather than waste any more of our time, I will let it go.

Thank you all for your responses. And thank you SORRCA members for all the work you put into our scale rules.

Cory
A separate T-case like said above requires moving the motor and generally introducing another driveline depending on design, as well as adding another set of gears. This increases weight, COG, and can result in easier breakdowns since you are introducing more moving parts into the system.

Sliders hang on EVERYTHING. In 1:1 they work well due to the weight of the rigs and the fact that rocks destroy sheet metal. I dont run sliders to keep my sides as skinny as possible and eliminate a snag point on rocks. My hardbody doesnt gouge like a true 1:1 would and just slides along rocks. They too can also add even more weight to a rig, mainly when made of metal.

Your suspension, while cool and scale, is honestly no more scale than a 4-link with a set of coilover shocks on it like comes stock on the Honcho. I cant see how it really detriments performance since you have the same amount of travel with the spring on the shock as you do off. It introduces another failure point, but the rig could easily run with the coilover removed, albeit in more of a droop setup.

I will say your setup is pretty neat and looks good.
alpine4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

scale coil suspension pionts .... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coil over to just coil suspension? jdacus General Scale Talk 7 12-14-2011 07:12 PM
Need some help - coil spring suspension set-ups ecoli General Scale Talk 10 12-04-2011 08:23 AM
Coil Suspension help Zuk90 General Scale Talk 1 01-20-2011 03:21 PM
Coil Suspension mounts sierradmax General Crawlers 1 02-18-2010 09:58 AM
scale coil over setup brendan h 2.2 Scale Rigs 0 12-29-2008 09:40 PM