Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Nationals

Notices

Thread: 2013 Moab Utah Champs??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 2013 Moab Utah Champs??

Does Utrcrc still have comps I thought that the main guys from that all fell away?

Last edited by klaygrover; 03-11-2013 at 09:31 PM.
klaygrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

We are all still alive and kicking. We have been to a few of the USCA comps but haven't had one of ours for awhile. Building and attending the NWSC kind if takes it out of you, we all needed a break, we are all working on different builds hopefully for this years Nats. in Utah. Like I said trying to do things rite and get permits in Utah is a pain in the ASS.
boob dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #43
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Hope this one happens, it's a lot closer than PA for me.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #44
Old guy

It sucks that it's so hard to get the use of public land for you utards.
We could just show up at Disney next weekend, the only call I'd have to make is to reserve my camp spot.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
It sucks that it's so hard to get the use of public land for you utards.
We could just show up at Disney next weekend, the only call I'd have to make is to reserve my camp spot.
That's awesome, but it sucks here, we are calling and checking every week, we are more frustrated than anyone, we never thought it would be like this.
boob dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

It will work out, gotta love the red tape. Ask Piggy how many folks he talked to, e-mails he sent and months he waited to get the permits for Lucia......
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Hope it comes together fellas, I'm looking forward to crawling with you guys again.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
It will work out, gotta love the red tape. Ask Piggy how many folks he talked to, e-mails he sent and months he waited to get the permits for Lucia......
Actually getting the permits for Lucia Falls was a breeze......especially compared to this! Hope it works out for the fall.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:18 AM   #49
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boob dude View Post
That's awesome, but it sucks here, we are calling and checking every week, we are more frustrated than anyone, we never thought it would be like this.
Public land and some small committee rules it, don't seem right. We don't have to go through all this to play with our toy trucks.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Actually getting the permits for Lucia Falls was a breeze......especially compared to this! Hope it works out for the fall.
hmm, my memory must be slipping. I thought you mentioned people no longer in charge of that dept,vacations,delays in responses.... either way, it worked out in the end
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

i'm guessing at this point if/when Utah gets permits we are pushing for fall to give more time to prepare?

or are we still shooting for may? either way i will be there, would just be nice to have more time to make plans..

thanx for the updates boob dude!
spacecase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #52
Rock Stacker

So here's the deal. The area in question is owned by the State Trust Lands Administration, it is not public land. We have been talking with them since October and I submitted our proposal in January. The guy we have been dealing with has been very helpful and tried to address any issues he thought might cause problems before hand so things would go as smooth as possible. At this point we are just waiting and hoping for an approval but we are running out of time. I just talked with him today and he is going try to find out where we stand. I know if we push to hard and hassle these guys they will definitely tell us to get bent. We are looking into some other spots in the area also and thinking sometime in October. Some good news is the TTC site has no problems.

I apologize for the lack of information. Hopefully, we will have some real info soon.

Thanks,

Sean
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
So here's the deal. The area in question is owned by the State Trust Lands Administration, it is not public land. We have been talking with them since October and I submitted our proposal in January. The guy we have been dealing with has been very helpful and tried to address any issues he thought might cause problems before hand so things would go as smooth as possible. At this point we are just waiting and hoping for an approval but we are running out of time. I just talked with him today and he is going try to find out where we stand. I know if we push to hard and hassle these guys they will definitely tell us to get bent. We are looking into some other spots in the area also and thinking sometime in October. Some good news is the TTC site has no problems.

I apologize for the lack of information. Hopefully, we will have some real info soon.

Thanks,

Sean
Hey - you can only do what you can do right? Thanks for the work that you guys have put into it - worst case you've laid some ground work for next year.
Highmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Shoot, that just gives me more time to build, test, save money and prepare.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

i hope we can do it in utah so i dont have to travel out of state and realize i left my rig at home...
if it is in utah im going to try so hard to make this one but if its like a friday saturday sunday thing i might have to work extra hard in school to make it on friday
but i wish utrcrc the best of luck finding a spot
rc kraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

What about area BFE? I would think we could set something up there with those guys. Just my .02, sorry I blew up
sam63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #57
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam63 View Post
What about area BFE? I would think we could set something up there with those guys. Just my .02, sorry I blew up
Jason tried to do Nationals there a few years ago and I think they wanted 5K to have an event there...
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #58
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam63 View Post

We have talked about Area BFE and actually went by there a couple weeks ago when I was in the area. It was covered with snow and we couldn't see a lot. Years ago I spent quite a bit of time around there with the 1/1 and atv's. I think the areas that would work well for a scale comp would be difficult to access from the parking areas, but I could be wrong. We are trying to keep it in the St George area to make it easier for the people who have to fly to the event. That being said, we are not ruling anything out and hope to have more info soon.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Any news on getting a spot secured?
rc kraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #60
Rock Stacker

No updates yet.

2013 Moab Utah Champs?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 5th at nats, 3rd Utah state champs mark reel Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 1 11-24-2011 10:24 PM
801RCC 2011 Comp, Event #11 "Utah State Champs" NaZ-T Past RCCA qualifiers 195 11-20-2011 12:35 PM
Steve at gate 9 - Utah State Champs 2010 nicodrive01 Videos! 1 01-02-2011 11:45 AM
New JConcepts RockSteady for Utah State Champs.. nonstopboost Paint and Body 4 09-09-2009 12:47 PM