Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > South Carolina

Notices

Thread: Official lowcountry trail and meet thread!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #21

Default Re: Official lowcountry trail and meet thread!!!!!

Sunday, August 26. I'm gonna ride out to Francis Marion to check out the hiking trails as a prospective crawling location. I'll probably leave here around 10. Anyone wanna ride along? I will probably bring my rig in case I see something awesome, but don't really plan on running it. This is mostly scouting. If anyone wants to go with I got plenty of room in the truck.
CarolinaCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Lane and I might ride with ya, have to see whats going on and how I feel after my nerve burn in my neck tomorrow. I will let you know if we cant make it, and I will update first post.
summervillecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Ok, everything is on the way, well, almost. Need one MIP driveshaft for Lanes truck. Really don't wanna pay 50 bucks for a pair when I only need one... Should have all up and running by next weekend with any luck at all.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #24

Are you guys planning on riding tomorrow, or are you sitting it out? Just want to make sure I don't leave without you.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

We will be there. Text me with your address so I know where to go. Leaving at 10? What area of F.M. are you wanting to go to? I haven't heard from Mike this week at all, hope all is ok with him.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #26

I want to leave here around 10. Me and Ryan are gonna go. I figure the four of us can ride in my truck. I'll text you my address. I gotta look at the map again for exactly where we're going, but it looks to be about an hour ride. I haven't heard from Mike either. Gimme a ring in a few and we'll hash it all out.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #27

Scouting trip was a total success. Found a 2 mile trail that will offer plenty of crawling opportunities. Also there are quite a few sidepaths out there I think we can work our way down that should be a lot of fun. It's off Forest Service Road 228 (I'on Swamp Road). The sidepaths will definitely require long pants, preferrably boots, and LOTS of bug spray. We kept ourselves well coated with OFF and it was still kind of hairy. Don't recommend bringing any real little kids out there. My four year old definitely needed a lot of help. I'll try to get some pics up at some point.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCrawler View Post
Scouting trip was a total success. Found a 2 mile trail that will offer plenty of crawling opportunities. Also there are quite a few sidepaths out there I think we can work our way down that should be a lot of fun. It's off Forest Service Road 228 (I'on Swamp Road). The sidepaths will definitely require long pants, preferrably boots, and LOTS of bug spray. We kept ourselves well coated with OFF and it was still kind of hairy. Don't recommend bringing any real little kids out there. My four year old definitely needed a lot of help. I'll try to get some pics up at some point.
Try for Sunday? I will hopefully have mine up by then, Just crashed and burned big time on a radio.... For sale now in for sale section...
Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by summervillecrawler View Post
We will be there. Text me with your address so I know where to go. Leaving at 10? What area of F.M. are you wanting to go to? I haven't heard from Mike this week at all, hope all is ok with him.
I'm ok. Went down to georgia to do a carpet race. 1st place. About time. I usually get taken out. lol. Might have to work this weekend but will let ya'll know. My brother might have to work also.
msmith0322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith0322 View Post
I'm ok. Went down to georgia to do a carpet race. 1st place. About time. I usually get taken out. lol. Might have to work this weekend but will let ya'll know. My brother might have to work also.
1ST!!!

Good to hear all is good! Gonna try, I might not be running, but lane will. I can do picture and video again, if need be. Hope to see yall!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #31

What's the plan for this weekend? Time, Location, Day? Are we going out to F.M.? We gonna re-try Carnes due to the extreme failure we had last time around? Let me know what you got in mind and update the first post with it. Let's get something going this weekend.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

Here is what I was thinking. Francis Marion might be a washout cause the rain the last couple days, but might not be either. Either place is good for me. But if we make it out early Sunday, you can pick up the fam afterwards and head to my place, for a little cookout. I can put the water slide up for the youngins(yours are less than 100lbs), hang out and have a beer or two. This invite goes out to Mike as well, if your listening!

Either way, its gonna be a late next couple of nights to make sure Lane and I are trail ready. Need to finish reassembly, get ESC and motor Wired(got to get some bullet conn from Mr Fred) finish my driveshafts. Then for Lanes, Rebearing axles and tranny, checkout and repin driveshafts. I got a PM out to itty bitty at ECRC to see if he has any MIP shafts, hopefully so, so I can get them Saturday, cause my new motor seems ALOT more torque(y) than the cheapies Ive been using(as in shaft snapping). Let me know where you want to run and itll happen!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #33

Well, I'm in for either place. If we go up to F.M. then we should ride together again. What do I need to bring to said cookout?
Old 09-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #34
Rock Stacker

Some dog and burger buns, Something for the wee ones to eat if they wont eat said dogs and burgers, coleslaw, and swimming suits for the wee ones. Oh, and beer for you and your better half if yall want some.

What time to you want to meet to head out there? I just sent a text to Mike to see if hes working or not. Im thinking 10ish? I might be up early to finish up the rigs. They are done excpet for waterproofing and neatening up the wires. I GOT THE WINCH WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #35

We're going to meet at Carnes between 10 and 10:30 if anyone else is watching this. We're going to try to find some newer area around the other side of the ditch. I think I found a way back there today, but couldn't get into it without my truck (was in the soccer mom mobile with the kids). Tomorrow I plan on riding back to see what I can find. If you guys want to get in the truck with me and ride along, let me know.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #36
Pebble Pounder

I'm listening. Just been very busy lately. I'll be out there around 10. Wish I could come to the cookout. Got my daughters wedding in a couple of weeks so I was lucky to get a little time to goto carnes. Wife and I are doing everything for the wedding. We got the wedding, catering, decorations, seating, reception, music, and etc... Its gonna be a pain. So if ya'll need anything give me a call or text as I wont be on here to much.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #37
Rock Stacker

Who has two thumbs and is super stoked about Saturday? This guy!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #38

Heard from Mike on it yet?
Old 09-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

Not yet, probly be Friday before he can let us know, it all depends on how things go with what hes got going on Friday.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

All depends on friday. So far me and the wife are going. Got some extra time on my hands now. Wedding got canceled. Nothing bad, its all timing, due to him coming back from afganistan.

Official lowcountry trail and meet thread!!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Chesapeake, VA beach, Suffolk Trail Run Thread Ramination Virginia 2935 09-15-2017 11:09 PM
Let's see it!! Official swag thread... racerx Competitions 25 06-09-2010 07:23 PM
Official SWAG thread! slobin3d Competitions 20 05-20-2009 12:14 AM
***Official Thank You Thread*** racerx Competitions 8 05-22-2008 09:59 AM
Colorado Get together 4/16<<<The official thread! jason Colorado 182 04-18-2005 11:01 PM