Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Supers are dead?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Supers are dead?

I've seen it posted that "supers were dead" and that this section and all the builds are 'bringing them back'.

I'm not involved in RC Crawling at the competition and/or national level, so I have no insight on this.

Why are folks saying that Supers were/ are dead?
Jeep-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

The popularity of 2.2 and 1.9 are the reason. Supers are not dead, or close. In my opinion they are the only way to crawl. Just my 2 pennies.
Steve
STJ7780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Here in Crawlorado supers are alive and growing. We had more supers run at the last comp then the piss ant 1.9 class. And with the introduction of super bully's and the hybrid bergs, the class is growing very quick. I have the most fun driving my super.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

people just say that becasue a few guys stopped crawling them and it slowed down, Ive accualy though about building on to take to my local spot that is huge
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
R.I.P. Chip

I think a major reason people say that is because you cannot walk into a store and buy a super. You actually have to do some research, a little leg work, and actually be creative to build a competitive super.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

The MNRCRC still has a small active Super class but we also have the terrain to support and create a challenging course for their competition. I think in areas that are less suitable (lacking natural rock formations) make creating a decent course nearly impossible and there the smaller trucks just make more sense.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Default Not dead, but in need of more support.

Overall most people don't live or have places to run those big Super Rigs, but most people can find somewhere in their back yard to crawl 1.9s and 2.2 rigs. I like the Super rigs, but don't have to many friends with Supers to test my skills with. Its not much fun if you don't have a few buddies to crawl with.:?
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #8
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando View Post
Overall most people don't live or have places to run those big Super Rigs, but most people can find somewhere in their back yard to crawl 1.9s and 2.2 rigs.
That is a bs excuse, you can build comp level super courses on the same exact rocks you build 2.2 courses.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
That is a bs excuse, you can build comp level super courses on the same exact rocks you build 2.2 courses.
x10,,i have a course in my back yard that my local club has comps at,,and we have had plenty of success making awesome super courses,,supers just took some time off,,they are alive and strong here in jersey,,since i first started in 06 the clubs super class has nearly tripled in size,,and more are coming,,,...so build one,,and more will follow...
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmoon View Post
since i first started in 06 the clubs super class has nearly tripled in size,,and more are coming
So you're at 3 now? wow.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk View Post
So you're at 3 now? wow.

Not speak for Dezmoon but we had 10 Supers last year. I believe atleast 3 more are being added this season.

We didn't run 1.9 last year since we used them as gates for the supers
RCROCIN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCROCIN' View Post
Not speak for Dezmoon but we had 10 Supers last year. I believe atleast 3 more are being added this season.

LOL i have a littel 1.9 just becouse i could not afford a super and i can drive it around in my room. I would LOVE to have a super and am looking into cheap one as a base. I absolutly LOVE supers.!!!
Losi man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I have been the only one running a Super for that last two years in my local club. At the end of this last year we actually had 3 Supers running. And at the start of this year we are going to have 5 or 6..

We were just running them on the 2.2 course so we didn't have to make a new course to run 1 - 3 rigs.

Supers is what I started with, and will keep running them.

I don't see why people say they need more money for a super. I know people that have way more $$$ in their 2.2 than I do in my Super. The last one I had cost me about $700, and that is only because I put a lot of extras on it. I also built one for my wife and it worked really well for only about $350

Last edited by 70duncan; 02-06-2010 at 09:04 PM.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk View Post
So you're at 3 now? wow.
lol,,that was very clever
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCROCIN' View Post

even then we didnt have enough 1.9s for a full course,,,
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I built my super about five years ago and it's on it's 3rd chassis set up now. When the super class started to have less and less people I knew I had to hold on to mine because I had a feeling they would get more popular again. Now we have a few guy's crawlin supers and a bunch more ready to build one.
SUPERS ROCK!
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

I am starting my frist one. A set a bullys.
Chris_BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Cool. you are going to love it. I would suggest dual speed controls and a stick or 4pk.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #18

Default hey

ive started my first super. and i would like to find parts. were can i find parts!! please let me know web sites. and stuff to help me out in anyway. pleases!!
mike1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1787 View Post
ive started my first super. and i would like to find parts. were can i find parts!! please let me know web sites. and stuff to help me out in anyway. pleases!!
You're here and in the right section to find all the information that you could ever hope to find for building a bad ass super class rig.

RC4WD has alot of parts to get a good start on a quality super rig. Supers does involve a fair amoutn of custom work. Look at all the build threads in this section and start PM'ing some of the creators of the chassis, link, wheels and other parts.
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

For sure! I'm re-working my super as we speak. Supers are long from dead in my eyes. I've always kept a strong built, not bought motto. Half the fun of running something is building it, in my opinion! Remember when r/c's came as kits, and you had to put them together? God, I loved that...
Reflektr is offline   Reply With Quote