RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Superclass Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/superclass-crawlers/)
-   -   Stubs Super Bully!!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/superclass-crawlers/371201-stubs-super-bully.html)

josh6575 05-14-2012 06:43 AM

Re: Stubs Super Bully!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 3644014)
Ordered 2 of these and they are AWESOME!! http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendo...s-adapter.html Super easy to plug in and they work great! The servo's seam faster than when they were plugged into the rx with only one bec? Maybe i'm just crazy though?

I have been messing with my 6ex and i mixed steering ch1 and ch4 on pmx2 with the ch5 toggle. It is a lot easier to operate like this put does anyone know if there is a way to move it to the trainer/idle up toggle? If not i think i will just switch the toggles in the radio. I would also like to make the trainer switch make the rear steer 50% when flipped one way and 100% when the other? Does anyone know how to do that?

You could set up D/R (Dual Rate) on your rudder channel. I use this feature while flying my overpowered planes at full throttle to prevent ripping the wings off in flight. Can't pull too many G's or the wings make a violent clap!:shock:

mark reel 05-14-2012 11:23 PM

NICE steering set up Stubs!
i like it

stubs179 05-18-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark reel (Post 3732557)
NICE steering set up Stubs!
i like it

Thanks! Unless you are making fun of me because it kept locking up on your course at ECC? Haha. Damn steering!

DickyT 05-18-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 3738129)
Thanks! Unless you are making fun of me because it kept locking up on your course at nats? Haha. Damn steering!

:lmao:you were not too happy, and it was ECC unless you have a time travel device and have gone into the future and had the same issue?

btw... material ordered ;-) It will still be a couple weeks as I draw things up then get to a place I can cut at, but the ball is rolling.

JeremyH 05-18-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 3738129)
Thanks! Unless you are making fun of me because it kept locking up on your course at ECC? Haha. Damn steering!

That sucked to watch.....a damn bolt holding you up.

stubs179 05-18-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickyT (Post 3738165)
:lmao:you were not too happy, and it was ECC unless you have a time travel device and have gone into the future and had the same issue?

btw... material ordered ;-) It will still be a couple weeks as I draw things up then get to a place I can cut at, but the ball is rolling.

Fixed. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 3738206)
That sucked to watch.....a damn bolt holding you up.

As soon as I walked away I realized I could have just backed the bolt out a little so It would have cleared. It would have only cost me one touch. Probably would have bent the bolt but It would have worked long enough to get me through the course. Day late and a dollar short! Haha

stubs179 09-03-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBOFEST (Post 3644676)
Understandable...I had my super steering mixed when I started using the twin sticks. After awhile though, I bet you get rid of the mix all together and just rock the steering true twin stick style. "thumbsup"

Like I said though...I understand. There have been many time when alot needs to happen fast that My brain wants to explode! :ror:

:lmao: Just looking threw my thread and remember this post. I never use the mix anymore"thumbsup" I just use them all independent. You were right

I have been getting the super ready for Nats. SUPER big thanks to TEDROCKS for hooking me up with a 7990"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup" Thank You

While i was waiting for the super i did some weight loss stuff, shaved the sidewalls, and moved all of the electronics to the axle. All in all i lost close to 12oz and gained a substantial amount on the front axle.

Is this a decend front bias for a super?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...400AB27CD6.jpg

Erik D_lux 09-03-2012 11:52 PM

Glad you got this sucker up and running! I am excited to run with you.

stubs179 10-05-2012 08:16 PM

Working on some new stuff. I have been waiting and am happy to be switching chassis. It will be fun to test and have a hand in the design of this new chassis. I love the look. I will also be adding some Dlux parts.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8400293BDE.jpg

DickyT 10-05-2012 09:38 PM

Looks good Stubs! Alot further along than mine. I am going the route of Bob's slowass build. I look forward to input on what needs to change.

Erik D_lux 10-05-2012 11:45 PM

I like the looks of that chassis a lot! Definitely and upgrade.

I am surprised at how little separation youre planning on running, at least in that pic.

nicodrive01 10-05-2012 11:46 PM

"thumbsup"good job, stubs.

stubs179 10-06-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickyT (Post 3950440)
Looks good Stubs! Alot further along than mine. I am going the route of Bob's slowass build. I look forward to input on what needs to change.

Thanks. I'm hoping to get it done before wendover!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 3950557)

I am surprised at how little separation youre planning on running, at least in that pic.

It's just mocked up. I think the rear will be staying bu the front will go up. The shocks and axle c's are in Cali right now. Once I get that stuff it should come together fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicodrive01 (Post 3950558)
"thumbsup"good job, stubs.

Thanks. I've been looking at your thread for tips and ideas. Your super looked great at nats.

DickyT 10-06-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 3950557)

That pic is a rough mockup, I am hoping he will shorten the uppers, drop that clocking down a good bit, and maybe add some shocks and wheels before he tells me that my design may look good, but totally sucks :mrgreen:

JeremyH 10-06-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickyT (Post 3950854)
That pic is a rough mockup,

Yeah, it doesnt even look like the uppers are bolted to the chassis.

Looking good Stubs!"thumbsup"

stubs179 10-06-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 3950902)
Yeah, it doesnt even look like the uppers are bolted to the chassis.

Looking good Stubs!"thumbsup"

Thanks.

I'm switching to tech 5 wheels, what hexes would you guys recommend? RC4WD or another brand? I'm wondering in terms of width?

JeremyH 10-06-2012 09:16 PM

Ofna buggy hexes are narrower than the RC4WD hexes and the wheel holds the pin in place..."thumbsup"

DickyT 10-07-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 3951809)
Ofna buggy hexes are narrower than the RC4WD hexes and the wheel holds the pin in place..."thumbsup"

I have 4 of those you can have if you want Stubs.

stubs179 10-07-2012 08:07 AM

Really! That would be awesome!

DickyT 10-07-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 3952240)
Really! That would be awesome!

I'll get them out this week.