Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: HBX 1:8 crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default HBX 1:8 crawler

Hi guys.
I just got me this new HBX 1/8 crawler this weekend, and must say, that I'm real pleased with it thus far.
There are some small things that needs attentions, and will start getting to them.

Okay my view on it so far.
The first thing I noticed, and that is irretating me, is the lower links, the move ALLOT side to side, so I placed a cable tie over them, not tight, just enough to keep them from swaying left and right.
The car climbes great but as soon as the surface is a little smooth or have loose sand, the front wheels just spin. I think some wheel weights might just do the trick, but I need some advice on how to do this. I have read on other websites that some use stick down weights as used on 1:1 rims...?
THe other thing i would like to do is to make more and bigger breather holes in the rims, not much more or much bigger, just to let them air down little more for better traction, but I'm a little warried to do this now, as I'm scared that the traction might be to much for the std servo horns handle, so will wait with the wheel wheights and breather holes till I get Alu servo horns.
I would also like to get some upgraded servo's in the future, as I know these will not last to long, so I would like to hear from you what are you using...?
I have also done a bit of reading and noted that TO much flex (articulation) is not good, as you would lose pressure on the tire tring to climb.
This truck flex close to 90 deg, so i need to sort that with some spacers (made of nitro feul tube) on the shock shafts soon.
The other thing I want to do, is to setup a deul battery system, just to reduce the amount of charges. Don't get me wrong, the std battery of only 2000mha last for up to an hour, wich is great, but out in the field, carrieng to many batteries would be a pain, also, if I could have two batteries in the chassies, the COG would be even lower, and more wheight over the wheels. (Please let me know if I have this wrong)
One other thing that is bothering me is the std Tx. Nothing wrong with the std one, I would just like to use my own FS-GT3B 2.4ghz for a little more safety.
I have wread up on them, and in std form you won't be able to have 4WS(wheel steer) in any whay shape or form, unless you use a special Y-lead that reverses the rear servo but then you have permanent 4WS, witch is not ideal.
There is a "Hack" kit you can import, that flashes the Tx software with a 3rd party update, and unlocks a huge number of extra features like channel mixing, where you can then set up your 4WS from the radion and can be setup for front steer 4WS Crab steer and rear steer... witch I think its AWSOME!!!
The last thing that I would like to change is the rims and tyres, but don't know where to start and what to get or even where to get.
I would also like to make some extra bash plates that goes over the motor as well, to have that extra little protection.
Okay, enough of my ranting, please share your inputs and any mods you know off, and your sugestions.
Thanx

Last edited by Charel; 09-24-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Charel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: HBX 1:8 crawler

Where is the pics I hear you say...
On its first run...

The std bodies looks to bright and out of perportion, so I installed a old body that I hade laying arround, and I like it allot more that the new one that came with the truck...

Charel is offline   Reply With Quote

HBX 1:8 crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
stock Tamiya 380s in a HBX Rockfighter? SqueakyBum Electronics 2 12-31-2011 07:55 PM
My new TRACER chasis for RS10/ HBX RockFighter pelanas Redcat Crawlers 16 11-17-2010 05:51 AM
HBX 1:20 Crawler (same as VMG) HBXNille General Crawlers 0 12-12-2009 02:55 PM
HBX/Redcat 1/8 crawler ? crawlerswede Redcat Crawlers 0 06-28-2009 04:52 PM
HBX (Haiboxing) RTR Rock-Crawler SnoopMaxx General Crawlers 18 03-28-2009 05:46 PM