Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New/used redcat super crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #1

Default New/used redcat super crawler

Hi guys I jut recently purchased my first crawler and its a redcat super. It was used for pretty cheap so I'm not complaining. I do have some questions for the guys that own them and know about them though. I seem to have an issue that the suspension feels really soft and sorta "sticks" on one side and the body seems to lean that way sometimes on the flat. Is there a way to test the oil filled shocks to see if they are shot? The what I would call a control arm on that tire seems a looser pivot than the rest of them at the tire and it leans out a lot. This could be my issue as well but I'm new to the sport still.
Rictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Hi there and welcome.
Just got one last weekend as well, and is really enjoying it.
What you describe sound similar to what I experienced with mine and mine is brand new.
The lower suspension arms, the plastic ones tends to "sway" allot side to side, and I did notice that it caused the suspension to act as if they are sticking before they compress.
I fixed this by putting a cable tie around the lower suspension arms.
I run them between the two shocks of the lower arms and tighten it up just enough for the lower links not to sway outward, but not to tight that it would cause any issues, and this made a huge difference in the feel of the suspension.
The suspension however should be real soft, you don't want it as stiff as on a traditional off road truck, but it should still offer some dampening. You can check the stocks if you what by removing them, and also to remove the spring, and see if they offer any form of resistance. You could even check if they are leaking, or just open them up and see if there is any oil in at all if you find no resistance when compressing the shock by hand.

But I suggest trying my first idea, as it is very easy and quick to do, and you can then take it from there.

I have a thread on here as well it's the 1:8 HBX one.
In the pics there, you should be able to see what I mean by the cable "zip" tie mod.

P.S, with your remark regarding the body that leans sometime even on flat, this is normal.
Also check all your wheel nuts is tighten and you knuckles screws are also tighten.

Let me know what you find.
Cheers
Charel is offline   Reply With Quote

New/used redcat super crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tires for Redcat Super Crawler albaraptor Tires and Wheels 16 06-22-2018 01:49 AM
supercooper's RedCat Super Mods (aka how to make an RC Super almost acceptable) supercooper Superclass Crawlers 35 11-19-2012 02:33 PM
redcat super crawler questions mudd_slinger Newbie General 5 10-16-2011 10:32 PM
Redcat RS10 or Super Crawler Gadgetguy General Crawlers 12 08-17-2010 01:29 AM
redcat super crawler transformation johndoe Large Scale Rigs 3 08-19-2009 02:32 PM