Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Integy AFA01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #1

Default Integy AFA01

I know, Integy is not the greatest out there, but for $100 brand new I couldnt pass it up.

I know it will need some upgrades, so far I am gonna do rear steering, upgrade the motors and ESC to the Novak M2 and Rockstar combo or the M2 and Terra claw combo (which ever you guys recommend). I will also would like to hear your suggestions on servos. I already have a Spektrum 3 channel radio to control it.

I would also like some tire/wheel/foam recommendations. I was planning on taking the foams out and cutting them down a little bit and adding a hole or two to the rims, but what would you guys recommend?

I have access to a machine shop, so I am gonna play around with making some stuff myself.

I dont plan on ever entering a comp, this thing is just for my personal enjoyment, but I do want to make it the best I can. Usually money is not really an object, but I also dont want to build a $1000 rig.

Any help from you guys would be great.
1/4milecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Integy AFA01

Best thing to do is check out all the builds. Most guys say what they like and what works. All those questions can be answered in just a few threads. Good luck
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #3

First off look into getting alloy gears for ft and RR. AFA01's are known for stripping them. Check online prices first most LHS charge around $50 per axle. I found mine for $35 per. I'll try to find my invoice and let you know where I found them.
D-Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #4

Well so far I have found that the included electronics are garbage. It was glitching right out of the box. So I replaced all the electronics, got a Novak M2 speed control with the 55T Novak Terra Claws, but am running the Integy motors right now, they seem to be the only thing that worked good, I might just set the Terra claws on a shelf and go for the Novak Rock Stars, unless I find something better. Upgraded the radio gear, had a Spektrum DR3E but for some reason it wont turn left so I bought the DX3E set up, I will probably be sending out the 3E to be repaired and keep that because of the 3p 3rd channel. I upgraded the servos to some Savox SC-0251 front and rear, seem to be strong enough, but the servo horns I am using right now are a little weak, so that will be on the list next.

I order all the rear steering parts right from Integy, everything was in stock and was shipped super fast, so far I really don't have any complaints with them. I took it out for some bashing today and found out some weak points, like the body mounts sticking out of the sides, they get in the way and break pretty easily, I will make some new mounts once I figure out what I am gonna do for a body. I definitely need some more traction, and weight in the tires, those will be my next mods. I am gonna start with cutting the foams, or just replacing the tires all together, we'll see what I find.

Like I said before, I know this is not one of the more well liked rigs out there, but I already have it, so I am gonna keep building off of it.

So next on the list are tires, shocks then maybe doing something with the lower arms. Not sure I like the plastic arms.
1/4milecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Integy AFA01 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Integy 55t lathe or Integy 50t or 55t pro crawler Kratos Electronics 12 06-29-2014 03:11 PM
integy I-Rock afa01 slashbasher General Crawlers 1 06-10-2009 10:35 PM
Integy TrickyNickro Tires and Wheels 7 04-15-2009 05:09 PM