Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 1/10 super crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default 1/10 super crawler

I been in the RC hobby for around 20 years but just starting with the Crawlers. So after doing a lot of looking and reading i know what i want but not sure the best way to start. Im wanting a 1/10 scale size super class crawler. I want to stay on the 1/10 scale size because a few local friends just bought some Axial 1/10 scale crawlers ( Wraith, SCX10) I liked the mods people are / was doing to the Axial XR10 but its no longer made and pretty had to find. So wondering what i should do to get a crawler started? Any advice would be great.

I thought about just buying a set of axles, chassis, shocks and build everything alse my self, but figured i better ask for advice before going that route. I dont plan on doing any Comp being that their isnt any local so mostly just having a good time

a few thing ive found and like:

Chaotic Super Chassis :( no longer in production
XR10 :( no longer in production
Love the aftermarket chassis for the axial XR10 (hate the stock) that give the Super crawler look.
R1 crawler: kinda cool looking but not sure on the chassis and crawling abilities.

Thanks

Last edited by Jfannin; 03-03-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Jfannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2014, 10:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 1/10 super crawler

If your looking for a 1/10 scale look at the rc4wd bully. You can buy a rtr or even just the axles and build your own from there. Depending on what you are looking to spend you can even get a set of axles made. Dlux has some really good stuff and even makes upgrades for bully axles if you are just looking for upgrades for a set of axles.

But a 1/10 scale super crawler I don't really understand what you are really looking for, because super crawlers are wider and have longer wheel bases. My super crawler has a 18 inch wheel base and is about 14 inches wide from outside of tire to outside of tire.

Unless you are looking or thinking of something like the rebuild I did on my friends crawler it is on here it is labeled as "rs10 mini super". The wheel base on that is I want to say like 14-16 inches and it is 12 inches wide from outside if tire to outside of tire. If I remember right, the wheel base and width should but on the thread for it. Check it out that might be what you are looking for.
tweak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:13 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

I pretty much want a super crawler style of crawler but dont want it to be 10 times bigger then my friends crawlers ( 1/10 scale wraith ect.. )

The wraith: L x 19" W x 13.9" H x 9.3"
The R1 Gmade 17" X 11.4 X 7.5"

So i want keep my crawler some what close to those specs as far as L X W

Tweak6 your Super would appear to be very close to the size of a wraith and what i want "My super crawler has a 18 inch wheel base and is about 14 inches wide from outside of tire to outside of tire."

Keep in mind ive never saw a super crawler in person, and i was figuring them to be much larger then a Wraith or SCX10 ect... Are they Not?

Tweak would you post a photo of your super or a link to a photo? thanks

Last edited by Jfannin; 03-04-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

What i kinda had in mind if i was to build:

Bully Comp 2.2 Front & Rear Axles
Bully Comp 2.2 Axle Steering Kit
Not sure on Motors / ESC or gearing could use advice on that for sure.
Plate style chassis but ive been having a hard time finding them so ill probably DIY it out of Aluminum or Carbon fiber.
I also figured on making my own links out of brake line and mounting the Shocks to them and then the chassis. I saw a cool set of brackets for mounting the shocks that way. i figured it would make for some good adjusting, but not sure where i saw them at. Im still trying to decide on the brand and length of shock.

Last edited by Jfannin; 03-04-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:43 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

well think i figure out why im not getting to many reply's. I guess since i want to build a Mini Super it would maybe fall into the 2.2 size group? Thanks tweaks6 for the help.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:41 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

bully 2 axles are the way to go if you want moa
nappahdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

noticed a lot of people are using them. whats "MOA" ?

is their a good set out their at a better price. like maybe the Bully 2.2's?
Old 03-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfannin View Post
whats "MOA" ?
Motor on Axle
DeoreDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

lol MOA got it

do you know of another set of axles that are good but a little more cost effective?

1/10 super crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheels and tires for my super class crawler...super easy newb question Master Basher Newbie General 6 02-06-2014 02:59 AM
??which super crawler?? Agustin Mireles Newbie General 11 06-18-2011 10:38 AM