Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My super

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My super

My wife calls it Ridiculousness LOL

I have put a bunch of time and work into this and it's a beast and fun but I have come to decide I'm the kind of guy that likes to build just as much as I like to run. So I'm thinking of selling or trading but I'm not sure what she is worth? Maybe you guys could give me an idea?

Chassis: T1e super

Axles: RC4WD Super Bully 65:1 with upgraded aluminum Chubs....Lengthened by replacing short side with another long tube and axle shaft.

Motors Brood Limited edition Ruby 35T upgraded with ceramic bearings,stiff springs,copper brushes......extremely strong motors with under 6 packs on them.

shocks: Baja 5B shocks

Links: built with Baja 5B rodends and 3/8" aluminum tube.

wheels: carbon fiber super wheels bought off of here SLW hubs.

Tires: cut/shut Panther cougars 7" tall my first attempt so they are not perfect but they are respectable!

Servos: front and rear Protek 170T 600oz

Bec: Castle Bec Pro

ESC: dual Holmes BR-XL

Pinion: 10t

Wheel weights: Custom rotating units using 45cal slugs for weights

It also has motor guards and motor outersaver filters. It's wired with deans plugs and silicone wire. This thing has all kinds of power on 3s and 4s infact 4s is almost too much power. I had to put hardened pins in the CVD's due to it twisting the stock ones in half. It brings a smile to my face and everyone around everytime it's ran.

Stealthshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My super

That thing looks wild, two questions. How much does that thing weigh it looks heavy? The knuckle weights with them being on the knuckle do they need to be able to rotate? The knuckle doesn't spin so I wouldn't think they would need to be able to rotate as if they were mount on the wheel. They look cool though.
tweak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: My super

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak6 View Post
That thing looks wild, two questions. How much does that thing weigh it looks heavy? The knuckle weights with them being on the knuckle do they need to be able to rotate? The knuckle doesn't spin so I wouldn't think they would need to be able to rotate as if they were mount on the wheel. They look cool though.
It weighs between 12 and 13#. With the weights able to rotate it keeps the weight at the lowest point as the rig changes angles. This thing really is fun and the torque is crazy. It actually runs pretty fast on flat ground I'd say between 6-7mph.
Stealthshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

My super - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheels and tires for my super class crawler...super easy newb question Master Basher Newbie General 6 02-06-2014 02:59 AM