Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Let the tinkering commence!! Something new everyday!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2004, 02:47 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Let the tinkering commence!! Finally with WORKING pics!!

nope i dont hehe, this was my first clod, it used to be stock, with everything stock but the shocks i could squeeze 8 inches of flex out of it with some custom fab but i wanted more and i started this but didnt have enough money to finishe hehe, whenever i get some money i might build another clod or my freind has been working on something for a game that gave me an idea, and im sure peopel have tried it already but take emaxx front and rear complete suspension, make a custom chassis have a 4 link suspension, then have that hooked up to the emaxx suspension
:-p 4 link and independent, im a 3d modeler for a couple games so i came up with a few designs that would probably work hehe. but no i dont have anymore clods, used to own a T maxx and E maxx and duratrax ST but sold them
Vegerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2004, 05:04 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

that post reminds me of 'Bevis' hehehehe walk away from the pipe and that silly maxx idea will fade away
Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:36 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

ya, just an idea :-p not, i might try some custom suspension ive never seen anyone use though, would provide unlimited flex with out shocks haha, but yea it was just an idea
Vegerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:22 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Like I said, I finally got the CJ8 on it, and here's the pics to prove it!

Flexing doesn't seem to be inhibited....it just looks cooler!

Riding a max height: 5 1/4"

Looks to be about a 12 1/4" wheel base.....definately gotta bump up to at least 15".

Sorry a couple of the pics got washed out, but be glad that I can post pics period! :p
dabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:38 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Let the tinkering commence!! Now with CJ8 pics!!

First, bRIBEguy's Clod that I'd love to copy in my own way: http://www.rccrawler.com/postlite1644-lives.html (it takes a bit to load, but is worth it). What I might do is hack off the long chassis rails and go for a more compact design using Savage shocks like that guy did. I will have to slam the body as low as possible; still can't decide between the CJ8 or Land Cruiser.

And I gotta make longer links. The metal supplier kevinlongisland provides in his "How to make links" thread is really cheap: under $5 for six feet of both threaded rod and alum. tube! My only hesitation is what the cost of shipping would be.....I have no idea how they'd charge to send two 6 foot long things to me from wherever they are! Actually, now that I've investigated it a bit more, it seems possible that they'd send it from their Los Angeles (an hour away) place.....I'll email them about it.

Last, I got some MGT/BFT tires and wheels on the way, should be here by Friday or Saturday. I'm too cheap to buy adapters, so I'll ghetto rig them with screws through my wheel wideners. In addition to that, I am thinking about getting some Savage shocks to make it like bRIBEguy's even more......wow would that be cool!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:16 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Let the tinkering commence!! Something new everyday!!

I bought some Savage shocks off ebay last night, I think they'll be here by Monday, and my tires here by tomorrow.