Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Junfac R1 Stealth Built Pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2006, 01:23 PM   #21
Landy mad

I've fitted mine as follows.

On the frame....at the highest hole

On the axle mount.....closest to centre of the axle.

I am possibly going to get some savage size integy's and see if this gives a bit better articulation. This will probably mean having to drill some holes in the chassis plates. then again the might fit into the body post mount holes.

Couple of pics for you.....if they help
Attached Images

wallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #22

Mine on E-zilla shocks-

Reach for the sky

Where I plan to drill IF I fit a set of Savage Integy's (red dots)-

Steve
L200 Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaz
I've fitted mine as follows.

On the frame....at the highest hole

On the axle mount.....closest to centre of the axle.

I am possibly going to get some savage size integy's and see if this gives a bit better articulation. This will probably mean having to drill some holes in the chassis plates. then again the might fit into the body post mount holes.

Couple of pics for you.....if they help
that is where i have mine and those are the same shocks i am running. I was thinking of moving the top of the shocks down and back or even moving the bottom of the shock to the lower link and then using the body mount holes for the top.
Mr. Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #24
Landy mad

Good god L200, she's sitting a bit high there.

Yellow dots where I had been thinking of drilling
Appologies for the dody picture quality
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2006, 02:14 PM   #25
Landy mad

Hopefully a couple of better photo's of possible drilling locations

front

back
Old 03-20-2006, 02:45 PM   #26

I've got a set of standard T-Maxx shocks dropping through the post tomorrow, so going to get them fitted as a starting point.

I can see me moving the top shock mounts at some point in the future, and playing with springs, to increase articulation if required.

I'm still waiting for the motors to drop through the post as well, but hope to be up and running and testing real soon.

I'll have a second look at your 'yellow' mounting points before cracking out the drill though
L200 Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:50 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I used integy 175mm shocks. I used the body mount holes and the lower holes are in the closest to the center of the chassis. Easily hits 90 probly more . I'll snap some pics then.
rocktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #28
Landy mad

Just ordered a set of long integy shocks and a behind the axle kit for the front axle
Old 03-24-2006, 12:52 AM   #29

Got mine today. this thing is friggin' sick ya'll. Still needs motors and electronics so I just sit there and stare at it for hours at a time. Will update soon. It is a very complete kit (inc. servo mounts, links, steering set up) , a monkey could assemble it. I think I'm gonna run a Novak super duty, HS5645's, 55t integys and 8 tooths. Hmmmmm......what tires to run? 40 series? Maxx? Oh yeah, anyone wanna buy an unused Rockbull chassis and RC4WD steering kit? Anyways, here's a teaser pic for now,

Last edited by dirtoyboy; 03-24-2006 at 01:05 AM.
dirtoyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:58 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Damn, that is one seriously sharp lookin' rig.

Looks like it should likely have close to enough flex in the first few pics of the thread...............why is everyone so dead-set on getting more?
bRIBEGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:29 AM   #31

Not me. I thought the flex looked good too. I'm gonna try running mine with stock mounting holes 'fore I bust out the Dewalt. I mean look at the flex in the ebay ad, looks like more than enough to me and that's stock
Old 03-25-2006, 09:39 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Well here go my shots.... it's insane how many pieces this damm thing has took me several hours just to get this far :? I gave up after I mounted the wheels Ill leave it for another day..

and if I may add there shipping sucks to Florida took almost 2 weeks to get here and it didnt even come with a manuel.. you would think something with this many parts would come with one....

other then that it's a sturdy chassis w/ potential

jus some quick poser shots

bulletproofcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:52 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Default ...

very cool...

how bout some pics of it articulated...
WRXronald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:26 AM   #34

Bulletproofcustoms Quote "Well here go my shots.... it's insane how many pieces this damm thing has took me several hours just to get this far :? I gave up after I mounted the wheels Ill leave it for another day..
and if I may add there shipping sucks to Florida took almost 2 weeks to get here and it didnt even come with a manuel.. you would think something with this many parts would come with one...."

Are you kidding me? This is the most complete kit I have ever put together! The manual is online, duh! http://junfac.com/manual_stealth1.htm Take a look, you'll see how detailed it is. It took me like 30 minutes to put it together. My blind grandmother could assemble this thing. Everything was individual bags for each part of the chassis. Step-by-step instructions. BTW, mine was here in like 10 days and I live in the Midwest. What do you expect shipping from South Korea?????????? Looks like yours is sitting kinda high? must not have followed the directions.

Last edited by dirtoyboy; 03-26-2006 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:47 AM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Nice job, bulletproofcustoms!

Any action pics?
mt_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtoyboy
Are you kidding me? This is the most complete kit I have ever put together! The manual is online, duh! http://junfac.com/manual_stealth1.htm Take a look, you'll see how detailed it is. It took me like 30 minutes to put it together. My blind grandmother could assemble this thing. Everything was individual bags for each part of the chassis. Step-by-step instructions. BTW, mine was here in like 10 days and I live in the Midwest. What do you expect shipping from South Korea?????????? Looks like yours is sitting kinda high? must not have followed the directions.
Blah Blah Blah calm down newbie............

I admit there chassis kits come very complete especially great for the newer people to crawling that get overwhelmed with the amount of stuff needed to build one..

I personally think their upper link mounts and servo mounts are garbage but work fine if you wana use them I just dont like em :?

I love their links and beefy rod ends and I will definatey be drilling some different upper shock mounts to get a lower COG...
Old 03-26-2006, 10:29 AM   #37
Landy mad

Had mine out for a run today.....sorry no pics though.

I was all set on getting more articulation from this thing but it seemed to be fine most of the time.

COG for me, with the shocks laid over the most and set with a 16" WB seems good, it is a bit tippier than what i pinched all the running gear from, but then again there's a bit more weight up top with that frame.

I tried running on LST's this morning but it was just bouncing all over, which resulted in losing 2 kingpin screws and the plastic bushes off the knuckles.

Performed a quick fix and then fitted the Moab's for the afternoon and it climbed a lot better. Not the best rock in the world as it's covered with lichen and is a bit slick.

65 Tur motors are no good either...not enough wheel speed at times, will be swiching back to 45T's.

Overall a good bashing truck, which is what I do.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:53 AM   #38

Here's a quick shot of how beefy the link ends on this kit really are. The links themselves appear to be an entire centimeter (that's 10 mm for the math challenged) in diameter. On the left is the JunFac link, middle is a 3mm "beefy" RC4WD metal end, and on the right is a standard Traxxas link. Not much comparison. I thought the G-made link mounts were pretty nice, they have a flat surface for the upperlinks to mount to where the "post" style mounts are rounded and don't seem to offer much support. I tried both. BPC is right about the servo mounts, I have seen nicer. I think I will just make my own!

Wallaz, get crackin on those pics, brotha!

Last edited by dirtoyboy; 03-26-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:24 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Mmmmmm, beefy!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Well here go some more shots along with a re-drilled shock mounts and custom servo mounts......

Gold Dev2K upper link mounts and custom Hilux sevro mounts that also fit my Clod