Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: 6 tooth pinion install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2006, 11:06 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Just so there aren't any misconseptions that axle was broken not while under throtle but from a complete stop, I wedged my tire under a rock and from a stand still gassed the throttle and snap!!! I love these pinions and I would never even consider going back to the 9 tooth. Also I think I could handle replacing a counter gear every 6 months even if they wear them out, for this kind of control.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Update on the pinions. I have ran on average an hour a day with the 6 tooth pinions, and I am happy to report that there is no noticeable wear to the counter gear and I have had no faliure from the pinions. I can assure you that I have flogged the crap out of this rig. Broken parts include 3 inner axles (one of which was stainless), one diff(stripped hex that had the brass glued in when new), and one drive pin. I am constantly amazed by the "drag braking" that the pinions give. My rig is right at 10 lbs with xl's and it will hold itself on 75 degree inclines with no input from the controller. They are a perfect match for the 35 turn motors that I wind.

All in all I am very happy with them and won't build a super clod with any other gear ratio.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:56 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

It looks that is working very good could you please post a vid
CyberManiaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

I did a week ago, Rock Racing with the CopperHead 2.0 gobs of torque. I think with 6 cells you could crawl a stock clod motor.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:50 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Long term update: Its been 6 months and two 1st place finishes later and I'm in 1st place in the points with tons of carnage to speak of. Even with the hopped up motors I have had no issues with the pinions or any aparent wear on the counter gear. They work.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:32 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Cool , i have been running 6t and 7t on one of my clods for a couple months, and i love them, i will equp the rest of them with the same pinions, i did manage to break one counter gear, because i didn't get the mesh right , but other then that they have been awesome
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #47
MODERHATER™

They work like a charm for me too!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #48
RCC Addict

same here Im running 6t pinions with 65t motors and Im very happy with it.only thing is the motors stall be something brakes.i think its brushless time
brushlessnut is offline   Reply With Quote