Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My first real crawler!! *bulu 2*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2005, 11:10 PM   #41
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamripper
could we see some off body shots? And a pic showing how you have your links set up. I am having the same problem that you were. Thanks
I know how you feel The best advice that I can give is that just keep trying, look at all the pics and ideas in this thread and try it all, once you get close just change one thing at a time, if that doesnt work then change one other little thing. Eventually you will get it!! Here are some pics for you. Its still "under construction" but it crawls

Next steps will be to lower it, make some permanent body posts then shock tuning. Hope that helps, feel free to ask any questions.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2005, 12:03 AM   #42
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

thats slick man. its nice and compact and a solid build. if you could clean up the wiring it would be easier on the electronics in the long run. i would be proud of that truck though. Good job man!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 12:47 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing
I know how you feel The best advice that I can give is that just keep trying, look at all the pics and ideas in this thread and try it all, once you get close just change one thing at a time, if that doesnt work then change one other little thing. Eventually you will get it!! Here are some pics for you. Its still "under construction" but it crawls

Next steps will be to lower it, make some permanent body posts then shock tuning. Hope that helps, feel free to ask any questions.
So what did you end up with for a wheelbase? Your running the shorter links up front and the longer ones in the rear, are you running any spacer at the chassis between the link and chassis? And how dose your caster angle look? Sorry for all the questions just that I'm in the same boat and am trying to get it done befor next friday when I go in for knee surgery. Gonna need something to do while I'm stuck on the couch.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:33 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Maybee I asked to many questions.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:05 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

i tried for another 4 hours to fix the binding problem. and i failed after making 4 sets of links , i gave up. thanks for the help though.
yoda316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:42 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Have either of you checked all things commented on in this thread?? usualy the biggest binders are the upper shock mounts. ( dont hard mount them use fule tube to add cushioning) After that its due to locations of the links on the chassis and axle side. Posting of your set up might help others help you more. Either way right now Im fighting link Issues myself, thing is it opposite of all of your issues, I right now get TOO much artic 90deg+ since I removed my rear servo and reloacted the mounts on the lower servo plate.
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:49 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

well im sure its not the shocks becasue it binds just the same with the shocks off.
i think my chassis is weird or somthing. oh well , next chassis ill try again. lol too lazy to try to fix it. ill just use my current setup , i still get 75 degrees of articulation.
and sorry for the hyjack of the thread Nluvwithxlr8ing.
yoda316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:37 AM   #48
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKES2CRAWL
So what did you end up with for a wheelbase? Your running the shorter links up front and the longer ones in the rear, are you running any spacer at the chassis between the link and chassis? And how dose your caster angle look? Sorry for all the questions just that I'm in the same boat and am trying to get it done befor next friday when I go in for knee surgery. Gonna need something to do while I'm stuck on the couch.
Sorry man, I havent touched the truck since I took those pics, I have been way to busy at work and planning a trip back east. Not sure on my wheelbase, I would say 12.25-12.5 if i had to guess. Yes I am running a spacers, those little balls from the original tlt kit that are in the rod ends. Caster angle is fine, for me at least, but everything still needs more testing and I cant find my body scissors to cut up my rock pleazer!!
Old 07-19-2005, 07:40 AM   #49
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda316
well im sure its not the shocks becasue it binds just the same with the shocks off.
i think my chassis is weird or somthing. oh well , next chassis ill try again. lol too lazy to try to fix it. ill just use my current setup , i still get 75 degrees of articulation.
and sorry for the hyjack of the thread Nluvwithxlr8ing.
Hey no problem man, I wouldnt mind if everybody who has had these problems posted in here that way there is one thread dedicated to this issue Im sorry you werent able to get yours to work. I think I am only getting about 75-80* of artic, its plenty for me. I think 90 is too much and it feels unstable on the rocks. Let us know if you make any progress
Old 07-19-2005, 01:21 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Lightbulb

Quote:
""snip"" Caster angle is fine, for me at least, but everything still needs more testing and I cant find my body scissors to cut up my rock pleazer!!
try a exacto knife.
As for those getting 75deg artic dont worry about more.. . . . Im getting about 90 now and its a real pain in the BUTT! the truck twists then hangs up. Usualy resulting in a position that will break parts too! I found the 60 to 70 area the best bet for not getting all floppy. I noticed when fabbing up servo plates that those upper links make a huge diffrence in how the truck artics. IE the forward to aft location changes how it moves. More above the servo the more artic.

Also as a not and maybe useless on this spike tv chan I was goofing off and found this show Extreem 4X4?? It has 2 hosts a man and woman hosting who accualy wrench. Either way on that show this last sat they gave a formula for 4 links! Sadly I missed it since I was mucking with something and only heard the last few words. SO it might be on the spike tv website?? dunno or even a search for something on google.
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:30 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sorry man, I havent touched the truck since I took those pics, I have been way to busy at work and planning a trip back east. Not sure on my wheelbase, I would say 12.25-12.5 if i had to guess. Yes I am running a spacers, those little balls from the original tlt kit that are in the rod ends. Caster angle is fine, for me at least, but everything still needs more testing and I cant find my body scissors to cut up my rock pleazer!!
Hey thats alright, I been messing around with it and I think she's about ready for electronics and a test run......(as soon as my widners get here).

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...595#post121595