Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Some Progress

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2005, 02:11 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys
Add a few more crossmembers and put some lexan sheets across the cross members, held with zip ties, then you can mountyour electronics that way.
sounds like something i have seen before, just not with lexan....

Chris
jakhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2005, 01:30 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

On the second flex pic it looks like you have the brackets on the axle that the links and shock mount to going perpindicular (parodon my spelling) to the axle, as oppsed to on an angle like the stock truck. Mind sharing how you did this?

Great looking truck by the way.
egdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:35 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by egdinger
On the second flex pic it looks like you have the brackets on the axle that the links and shock mount to going perpindicular (parodon my spelling) to the axle, as oppsed to on an angle like the stock truck. Mind sharing how you did this?

Look at the bottom of your axle, you will see that the holes are inline. I just drilled straight thru these to the top of the axle ( I used a 3/32 drill), be careful not to break in to the existing holes in the top.
4XADICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 09:12 PM   #24
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

clean, clean, clean. Those servo plates really add a touch of class. makes me want to get out the old tlt and rebuild it.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:03 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Default Update

The truck has been running since Sunday. I`ve had a blast with it too, I`ve ran at least one pack every day since I got it running. I`m useing a six cell GP1100 pack from my RC18 and getting consistant 1 hour run on a charge ( I still can`t belive that). The spring rates are off a bit , and I would like better battery placement but overall I`m really pleased with the way it works. I went three link front and rear which seems too work well so far. Pics and vid coming soon.

Specs :
OAL : 17.5"
Height: 8"
Width : 10"
Center Clearace : 2 3/4"
WB : 12.5"
Weight : 4lbs 10oz RTR

A little (21mb) Vid- http://ourmedia.org/ia/details/4xAdi...TLTGonzoTLTwmv

Last edited by 4XADICT; 08-15-2005 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:18 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Here are some pics with my crappy camera. Should have some vid to post sunday. I`m calling it Gonzo for now cause I can`t help but think of him when I look at it.

And some rings I`m working on.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:27 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Nice chassis.....

Typically people place the motor facing forward to bias the weight forward. Thats what I did. But that places the motor on the left side. opposite of the wheel that lifts during shafty twist.

I see your motor is on the right side. Did you do that for any particular reason? Do you think that helps with shafty twist having the weight on that side?
4RnrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:33 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

I think It might help a little, I plan to run smaller batts eventually and see if takeing the battery weight off the other side helps. The truck is currently balanced from side to side realy well though. Preloading the the left rear spring seemed to help counter the twist more than the motor being on the right. My front springs are to stiff and rears are a little too soft so I think a spring change will help alot. Lots of fine tuneing left to do.

My LHS just called. My Moabs are here !

Last edited by 4XADICT; 08-05-2005 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:28 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Since I moved to the lathe only time I get that lean is in reverse on flat ground. Or at extream articulation, granted Im not running a laydown ( something I should have done)

I noticed you went from those Pro-line? wheels to what looks like pede rims. Any reason behind this?? Short of tyre change??
and bugger you all for those bloody mohabs T_T
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

The Tamyia wheels were barrowed, and the pede wheels were all the LHS had when I needed wheels. I countersunk the area for the wheel nut in the rear and used HPI Nitro MT stubs in the front. I hate the color of the wheels, but oh well.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:05 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4XADICT
The Tamyia wheels were barrowed, and the pede wheels were all the LHS had when I needed wheels. I countersunk the area for the wheel nut in the rear and used HPI Nitro MT stubs in the front. I hate the color of the wheels, but oh well.
Thats what a old pan and some rit dye is for >_>
just use oh 1/4 what the inst say and boil away. place the rims on sewing thread so you can pull them to check the colour RIT is about 3$ a box.
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:39 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Now have some vid for those wanting to know how this truck works.

Gonzo Hits The Rocks
Old 08-15-2005, 09:34 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Glad to see it done. l ks awsome
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote