Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Vertigo Center Diff Locker & Maxx Sliders *NEW PICS 1-7-

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2004, 11:13 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Who wants a 120mm+ driveshaft length? *PICS ADDED*

Had a chance to take apart the TLT to install the Vertigo locker and to stretch the wheelbase.

Vertigo locker fits great! No complaints, problems, or gripes. I used thread lock on the screws holding it together to make sure they don't loosen over time either.

I did run into a little problem with the Maxx shafts though...

I planned to use Maxx sliders instead of Stampede sliders for a little extra beef. With 96mm/106mm turnbuckles in the stock mounting locations, the old Maxx sliders are about 10-12mm too long!

So I will have to pick up the 116mm turnbuckles next week to stretch the WB even more or I'll have to run 'Pede sliders for now since I can't go too much longer than 11.25" for a scale look with my F-250 body.

The positive note is that mounting the Maxx u-joint yokes was pretty easy, but did require a couple of alterations to the Maxx u-joint yoke. I had to trim the back of the ones that mount to the TLT axles and I tapped both set screws holes to 4mm for 4mmx6mm grub screws. In order for the shafts to fit, the inside hole on the u-joint side had to be drilled out to 5mm. I used a No. 7 drill bit from a 1/4-20 tap set to drill this hole since it is very close to 5mm in diameter. I will post a how-to and pics once I get it done.

BoilermakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2005, 12:33 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Who wants a 120mm+ driveshaft length? * NEW PICS ADDED*

I'm using a few screws that are really too long for the axle housing, but I wanted to try to get the links squared away. I rearranged my links several times and now I have setup that will give me approaximately 70 degrees articulation without the shocks and... the chassis doesn't interfere with the servo!

I cut down the Maxx slider and mounted it to the front axle. The stock shocks are installed just for a mock up. I'm still working on the best location for them with my link layout.

Onto the pics...

With the body:

Ghost flames really show up in this shot...

The links are still the 96mm/106mm links, I haven't bumped up to the 106/116mm links yet.
BoilermakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:36 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Vertigo Center Diff Locker & Maxx Sliders *NEW PICS

That looks really good, I'm still amazed by the paint job on that body. When you move your links out that extra 10mm, it's going to be the perfect wheelbase for that body. Ahhh......the flexibility of using sliders, darn dogbones.
CWDU is offline   Reply With Quote