Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: my first torsion build. BMVII

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKES2CRAWL
What's your WB? if it's under 12 1/2" you can push the front end out and that would help a little.
hey thats a good idea. ill check but im pretty sure its close to 12 and 1/4. ill measure it in a min thanks
revin9k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

measured the wheelbase at work and i was wrong, it was at 12 inches. i extended the front a 1/4 and the rear a 1/4 inch. thanks for the idea! i got a new bug body today and a pair of proline foams for my mashers. i didn't like the way i did the foams. they were bouncing up and down. pic's tomorrow. the color i picked is really cool i think.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by revin9k
measured the wheelbase at work and i was wrong, it was at 12 inches. i extended the front a 1/4 and the rear a 1/4 inch. thanks for the idea! i got a new bug body today and a pair of proline foams for my mashers. i didn't like the way i did the foams. they were bouncing up and down. pic's tomorrow. the color i picked is really cool i think.
So did that help on your binding problem?
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So did that help on your binding problem?
oh yeah! i dont have the binding in the front anymore. thanks for the help! now all i need is a wedge

mounted up the bug body tonight. will paint tomorrow night. its a cool gunmetal color

Last edited by revin9k; 03-27-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

elite 1500 8 cell 2/3a pack....
Did you get them through TCS or CBP? Let me know what kind of run time you get with them. Glad to hear your bind went away.

Last edited by LIKES2CRAWL; 03-07-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:49 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
elite 1500 8 cell 2/3a pack....
Did you get them through TCS or CBP? Let me know what kind of run time you get with them. Glad to hear your bind went away.
i have one from both places. i like the chp.com ones better because they have batt bars! im getting close to 45-50 mins of runtime. i love these packs! i want another one.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:13 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

well took it out to the rocks today. it did good for having been the first shock-less rig i have ever driven. its cog is sick! i trimmed the body down a little because it was hanging below the chassis and dragging when i tried to climb ledges. also i had mashers on it. i had heard a few people on here say they didn't like m2k's for this chassis and i know now why, it had no front traction and it would hop around. i stole my wifes moabs and put those on and it did a LOT better. now i just need a set of moabs by this sunday (our next comp) here are some pics i took today enjoy!

Old 03-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Hey man do you or anyone else know how wide those new HPI thinner 2.2 rims are?
Turblankas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

I was wondering if the way you mounted the batter nor effected the articulation at all? Other wise looks like a sweet rig man!
nandez11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by revin9k
i had heard a few people on here say they didn't like m2k's for this chassis and i know now why, it had no front traction and it would hop around. i stole my wifes moabs and put those on and it did a LOT better. now i just need a set of moabs by this sunday (our next comp)
That's really interesting. I put the same amount of weight (about 6oz in the MSD beadlocks) in my moabs and I vastly prefer the mashers. That bouncing is my exact complaint against the brand new moabs. Plus they slide around instead of griping because of all the weight. Maybe that much weight is just too much for the moabs.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

I prefer the Mashers as well?

But it's all a matter of choice!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:01 PM   #52
RCC Addict

hey

I was there when Revin9k switched between the M2K and the Moabs, it was night and day on the course where we ran. The truck was much mor caple with the Moabs.

Over all the truck does awsome, I was able to out drive it with mu tuber and Moabs and hoped that this truck was not that great. But when Revin changed to the moabs the truck was un stopable.

I am not please about this at all, I hope Revin runs out of gas on the way to the next comp.

(hey Revin, we moved the next comp to Canada, see you there)
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak
That's really interesting. I put the same amount of weight (about 6oz in the MSD beadlocks) in my moabs and I vastly prefer the mashers. That bouncing is my exact complaint against the brand new moabs. Plus they slide around instead of griping because of all the weight. Maybe that much weight is just too much for the moabs.
wow thats weird? maybe it was the terrain i was on. the moabs i put on had no where close to the weight i had in my mashers. the thing is when i was using the moabs at Rene's course i thought i would like to have a little more weight in the front tires. i guess i will find out this weekend in Canada at the comp
Old 03-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

found this package in the mail box yesterday. this box made me feel special thanks dez!

Old 03-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoirbud
hey

I was there when Revin9k switched between the M2K and the Moabs, it was night and day on the course where we ran. The truck was much mor caple with the Moabs.

Over all the truck does awsome, I was able to out drive it with mu tuber and Moabs and hoped that this truck was not that great. But when Revin changed to the moabs the truck was un stopable.

I am not please about this at all, I hope Revin runs out of gas on the way to the next comp.

(hey Revin, we moved the next comp to Canada, see you there)

yeah see you there bring your snowboard
Old 03-22-2007, 05:41 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

So how has this rig been treating ya, still running strong or have you moved on to something else?