Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Thunderhorse TLT build!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #41
20K Club

I would have went with the .12g airsoft pellets. when you fill the tires that full if you use the heavier weights you are going to eat stock TLT axle shafts like candy.

Jeff and I both run the .12g, jeff runs nearly full and I run 2/3 full. I wouldn't want to go any heavier, yeah it sounds like a maraca but hey....

Josh
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

actually I run the 20g bb's
jwcustomwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #43
20K Club

^^^^Well what good are you then!

My bad. You should run .12g then
Old 05-04-2007, 10:50 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
^^^^Well what good are you then!

My bad. You should run .12g then
No..I like candy
Old 05-05-2007, 12:03 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

LOL My Thunderhorse weighs 8.0 pounds without body or body posts. The front tires come in at 1.4 pounds each when filled with the 30's, and the rears at 1.1 pounds each loaded with 20's. Are you saying that Tamiya didn't design axle shafts that could move a paltry 8 pounds of car? Come on, the tires are 5 pounds of the weight! Oh, but that includes the battery.

Jeff has lots of spare parts. The last pic I saw of his garage had a nice big stack of TLTs. Not to mention some big stuffed bunny thing in the background.

Last edited by lunchbox; 05-05-2007 at 12:29 AM.
lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:14 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
LOL My Thunderhorse weighs 8.0 pounds without body or body posts. The front tires come in at 1.4 pounds each when filled with the 30's, and the rears at 1.1 pounds each loaded with 20's. Are you saying that Tamiya didn't design axle shafts that could move a paltry 8 pounds of car? Come on, the tires are 5 pounds of the weight! Oh, but that includes the battery.

Jeff has lots of spare parts. The last pic I saw of his garage had a nice big stack of TLTs. And some big stuffed bunny thing in the background.
OMG LOL. Does it shake the ground when it moves? Oh wait..this was a long term project

You weren't supposed to mention the bunny The tlt's are long gone man:-( I have tons of stock tranny parts though...and shocks
Old 05-05-2007, 12:30 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

There, I edited my post. lol
Old 05-05-2007, 12:40 AM   #48
20K Club

Quote:

Jeff has lots of spare parts. The last pic I saw of his garage had a nice big stack of TLTs. Not to mention some big stuffed bunny thing in the background.
HOLLY CRAP, I promise you that you will strait chew shafts up like beef jerky if your motor has any balls at all.

Oh and if Jeff had any other TLT's that he was willing to get rid of I would already own them.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:42 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
HOLLY CRAP, I promise you that you will strait chew shafts up like beef jerky if your motor has any balls at all.

Oh and if Jeff had any other TLT's that he was willing to get rid of I would already own them.
LOL I'm not holding out. I have a few chassis though..but no rod ends for links
Old 05-05-2007, 12:46 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

I am ONLY using a 55T Integy on 8 cells with 13/87 gearing in a Gen 3 Stealth. What could go wrong? LOL
Old 05-05-2007, 12:49 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

I switched to a 65t axiom..I like it.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:39 PM   #52

Hey all, since I couldn't use the Bushwacker body for my crawler, I have it for sale. If anyone is interested then please let me know: http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12021
golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcustomwurks View Post
I switched to a 65t axiom..I like it.
With the ESC I am using I can always add more cells and a GHD400 if I need more torque... though that would just be more weight. It will be hard to not mug the mail tool for the next few days untill my wideners come, but that gives me time to hack up the foams. I don't want to have to spend money on replacement axle parts ALREADY. I love having 30 bucks worth of airsoft balls I can't use.... I...Thats It! I have to buy an airsoft gun now! Or I could just load them into shotgun shells... I wonder how they would fly out of a .243... that's 6mm... To the loading bench, AWAAAAAY!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
With the ESC I am using I can always add more cells and a GHD400 if I need more torque... though that would just be more weight. It will be hard to not mug the mail tool for the next few days untill my wideners come, but that gives me time to hack up the foams. I don't want to have to spend money on replacement axle parts ALREADY. I love having 30 bucks worth of airsoft balls I can't use.... I...Thats It! I have to buy an airsoft gun now! Or I could just load them into shotgun shells... I wonder how they would fly out of a .243... that's 6mm... To the loading bench, AWAAAAAY!

use em! Just be sensible
Old 05-08-2007, 12:39 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Even with only a primer in the .243 all I got was shrapnel. It may be the rifling, who knows. I may try the shotgun shells next, though I dont expect great things. They don't work in my black powder cannon either, shapnel again. The only time they held together was the time I didnt have enough powder to do more than roll them out a few feet.

::EDIT::

This may have annoyed the hell out of my neigbors, but nobody complained. And it kept me busy while I printed 244 pages of hi-res sat shots of the river for my friend.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:14 AM   #56
Rock Stacker

airsoft is way to big of a gadge for a shotgun lol
Kyle Hess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

LOL I meant in your tires

Quote:
Even with only a primer in the .243 all I got was shrapnel. It may be the rifling, who knows. I may try the shotgun shells next, though I dont expect great things. They don't work in my black powder cannon either, shapnel again. The only time they held together was the time I didnt have enough powder to do more than roll them out a few feet.

::EDIT::

This may have annoyed the hell out of my neigbors, but nobody complained. And it kept me busy while I printed 244 pages of hi-res sat shots of the river for my friend.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:48 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcustomwurks View Post
LOL I meant in your tires
OHHH. Well, you should have been more specific. lol.

And, Kyle, if I can use a .50 cal black powder slug with a sabot in a 3 inch high-base shell, why couldn't I fit a bunch of small balls? Isn't the whole point of a shotgun to shoot little balls (shot) at a target? Hence the term "shot" gun. I'll try loading some over the weekend and let you know. I think the 30's would do way better than the 12's, due to their weight they should carry farther. The 12's also all seem to have air pockets in them, and that could be bad. Sadly, however, I'm not set up for shotgun right now, I have the pistol and rifle presses on the bench.