Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: VSmile 2.2 in the works

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2007, 09:41 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Cool

Well I got tired of trying to use my computer desk as a work area sooooo, I scrounged up some scrap wood I had laying around and went to work.

thats what I came up with after about 2 hours. still need to make the bottome shelf but i ran outa wood so it will w8 till another day

Then I started drinking some beer :cool: and moving stuff out to the garage. need to make more power outlets.. my garage only has 1 :confused:
...then I got sidtracked when I came across a bottle of plasti dip I picked up and so I tried it out on a servo....

I think Ill be much happier with this setup. All I need now is to get the kegerator kit for my extra refrigerator and I should be good to go :applause:
knok2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2007, 10:37 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

my question is how can you use a GTX speedo, it is a great racing esc but no reverse? how do you crawl without reverse? good looking build though.
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:12 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
my question is how can you use a GTX speedo, it is a great racing esc but no reverse? how do you crawl without reverse? good looking build though.

read the thread, I forgot about that and now am selling it for 100$
Old 05-29-2007, 10:48 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Made some more progress and actually had my first chance to drill and tap my own links. I just did some practice runs and put it together. Looks like anti squat is going to be horrible but it will work ok for now.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

sorry for all the pics but I got excited today. Started cutting, measuring and figuring angles. Got to do some drilling and tapping. Went with a little more of what H3 recommended with the rear geometry. I decided to leave the front alone. It looks like the rear should work a lot better now, and hopfully help me with the break over. Also got both drivelines hooked up. still need to do the rear lockout.

I had a body laying around and decided to hack it up some more. It was off of a nitro truck so its already got holes all over. But I did what I could, and for my first time ever cutting a body it turned out ok. body mounts were a differant story. Rushed through it while cooking dinner and it shows. BUT ohh well just a basher body anyway. Here are some poser shots I took in the front yard.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:42 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Fixed my locker issue by puting a sheer pin through the outputs and diff gear. then CA gluing it as well. I might over do it but at least it isnt coming apart again. After making a few new links and tightening some nuts I had her up and running. played a little bit then made this vid. Enjoy.. and dont laugh at my sub c pack in a sandwich bag still deciding on which type of cells to go with. and it was going good till I flipped..

Last edited by knok2222; 05-31-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

:eek: Some more video today. Getting better with the shafty rigs. Also learned a lesson on half-@ssed links. Not worth the time I saved. Looking foward to dialing it in and getting my new body painted. The body on it now is a 1:8 body, and just dwarfs the TLT and gets in the way. the Pleazer body I have will be better. One problem, the mashers seem great, but there is no foam in them at all and they fold up really easy. Somtimes it works to my advantage and I dont break an axle but other times they are folding instead of biting. What have you guys done with yours to help this problem?

Old 06-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Here is the first body I have ever done. Not horrible to look at, but not what I was going for. :confused: im too impatient for painting, and I rushed it and messed it up a little. Im happy with it though. Went a little overboard thismorning with the stickers. Started chopping them up to make differant words. Even integrated my Screen Name in there!

what do you think? ...its a lot better than the other body.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

looks good man, the vs chassis is one good chassis.
Crawler Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

I went to Double J's work today and did some crawling out front on some good sized rocks. Had a lot of fun with it, beat the crap outa my fresh paint. I really couldnt stand having no foams in the tires. they would just wrap up and bind up the motor. Was getting frusterating(sp) But I went to Tumwater hobby and picked up a set then cut them up, noting fancy just took some material off in a star'ish pattern. I think it will work better now. Here is a short vid of me getting frustrated with one spot that I just could not get on top of.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Putting some new touches on her tonight. I am trying out a new ESC from horizon hobby. Its a proboat ESC, completely waterproof wich is a plus. No reverse delay at all. and can handle up to 12v.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB2314
Not that im running even close to that, but it sounds good on the specs. So far it seems to be a little heavyer than most of the ESC's out and Just running it in the air, I noticed that it is hard to just creep it around. Seems to want to take off pretty fast all the time. That could also be because im running more voltage than im used to as well.
Made a makeshift batteryhold down for the packs im running now. It just so happens that the extra motor gaurd from my XXX fit perfectly around the packs. So I used some zip ties to sinch it down and now I can swap packs pretty easy withough cutting a bunch of zipties off. ...and while I know you are all thinking, "why the hell dont you just velcrow(sp?) them" Its because I didnt have any tonight and im very impatient. Ill put some pics up in a few.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Played with it a little on the carpet and found that I must have my motor leads crossed. I can haul *** in reverse, but pretty slow going foward. Im not sure im sold on this ESC yet. Throttle response is kinda crapy, and it wants to go fast all the time. Might be switching back to the ROOSTER before the next comp. she looks good though :cool:
Old 06-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Wink

I had that same problem when I fried a R2. Had an old hitec ESC in the "parts box" Grabbed it and wired it up just to see if it worked . (been almost 6 years since i was last in that box) Anyway it was all about speed . Until I pulled it apart and found some "dials " I was able to re-work it in my 2.2 and now have it as a spare.

SO basically , are you able to adjust the Speedo in away that will give a a slow gradual take off?

Are you runing a servo in the rear?
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Went to Four Seasons RC today with my TLT. First time there and I found a line that is really fun. Just dont have the dismount nailed yet.

I am pleased with the performance of the truck though. Still undecided if I like the mashers or moabs more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWuT4-5jkAQ