Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 2.2 to Match the Super, kinda

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 03:39 PM   #61
'08 2.2 National Champ

So, today I put a Novak Goat system in the Hustler. I will say this, no other motor system that I have seen can come close to this. Amazing low end power, great top end speed, no glitching, and you still get a drag brake. It was a little work to get the esc in compared to my Mamba 25 just because of size but I think it was worth it. If you want the best system around go to RCP crawlers and pick one up.

It did take me a bit to figure out that I needed to reverse the motor rotation in the esc but after that perfection, an no annoying wine.

I've tried
Mamba Max/Hyperion 3013z-Hard to get to not stall and hesititate
Mamba Max/Crawlmaster-Better but still some glitching and hesitation
Mamba 25/Revolver 2-Not nearly enough power to get the speed and torque I need
Mamba 25/OG Revolver-The best I had tried to date, best low end, smoother start up, lacked power on the high end but didn't bother me too much, the problem was on some inclines if I stopped it would start rolling backwards and was hard to get to start forward again. All of the systems I had used up to the Novak had this problem though
Mamba 25/Crawlmaster-ESC didn't have nearly enough power for the motor so everything was exagerated.

I haven't experienced any of these problems with the Novak so far though.
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links