Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Stalling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

EP...all I can say is wow. You hit all bases in one response.

Next question...if I add more cells...what is the most the 55t lathe can handle?

Would you recommend a receiver pack either way?

Thanks guys
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher90
EP...all I can say is wow. You hit all bases in one response.

Next question...if I add more cells...what is the most the 55t lathe can handle?

Would you recommend a receiver pack either way?

Thanks guys
A lathe "Normally" runs on 12v in a lathe of which it's made for. But I am sure it would support 14.4v with no troubles.
jwrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I am running a EVX ESC with only one 7.2 battery. The other lead is tied together. Should I run a 8 or 10 cell off the one or should I split them to both?

If it was nitro I would have all the answers. This electric stuff trips me up.

Thanks for all of your help...this forum is a life saver.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:17 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee
I typed out what seemed to be about an entire book for a reply to try to cover all the bases, but I scratched that and I'm posting my suggestions which are based on 7.2 volts. Adding more voltage would only improve the power and speed. These set ups are a medium walking pace.

-Two stock motors in series on 9 tooths.
-Two 35 turn motors in series with 13 tooths.
-A stock motor and a 3.8:1 GD600 with a 15 tooth pinion inside the TXT tranny.
-A 35 turn motor and a stock GD600 with a 15 tooth pinion inside the TXT tranny.

Everything else is either too slow and needs to be regeared to gain back some speed, at the expense of power, or isn't powerful enough on it's own.

I think that covers the motor choices, but then there's the brushless stuff...

Rockcrusher90, I found the single 55 turn motor to be weak, but not as weak as you make it seem. Maybe your motor needs to be cleaned. If it's good to go, definately try more voltage, maybe 8 cells. If you add a GD600 to your current set up, there's a 2.5:1 gear reduction, which makes for a really slow truck.

jwrape, try one servo, it might be the problem if the problem happens when you're turning and trying to crawl. You might be overworking your ESC's BEC. So yes, a receiver pack would help by eliminating the need for the ESC to do the work, and devote all it's power to the motor.

Colorblind, in my opinion a 75 turn motor will be way too slow. Then you'll try to regear it for some speed, and you'll lose power. Pointless really. The higher wind motors aren't nessecarily more powerful, the peak of their power happens at a lower RPM.

Maybe that helped?

Makes perfect sense to me. I have no desire to get to much speed out of the rig but I know there are times where you do need a little. I've never had the chance to see a 75t...or 65t for that matter, in action so I'm not really sure what they are capable of. I have seen a 55t + GD600 on a XXX tranny running 2.2s and it seems to do well. Just worried about the TXT being a bigger rig. I would like to stay with a single motor for less draw and longer run times.
ColOrBliNd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Well guys, mine is fixed. No stalling here. Went to the Super Rooster and RC4WD's new GRU. This thing will climb up a wall like Spiderman. The key for mine was the ESC. You need the BEC's with 4WS.

Thanks for all your help