Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: HRCC-COMP TXT version 2R2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 01:04 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_version View Post
started rebuild, ran into a wall........... knuckles are perfect, CVDs however dont fit for sh it. it seems the output shaft from the cvd is too long, the part that sits in the inner race is set out to far. is this normal?has anyone had this problem? i have no experience with cvds for clods, and i was told that these fit with no modification. ill probably just turn 'em down. Also, that drag link hits the pumpkin when it turns all the way, i was thinking a bent link would work okay. anyone who wants to share info is welcome.Also dont tell me to search, this is my thread, i posted TECH info and asked a couple questions, so if you got any smartass remarks. keep 'em outta here.....thanks
Isn't it the clod and txt shafts is different in length? (I might be wrong)
Kev808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2007, 03:46 AM   #22
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

kev i think the shafts are the same, the stubs are a different length. funnt though the TXT ones are considerably longer. shi t i just figured out my own problem.....thanks bro! the TXT C-Hubs are about 1/8" further out than the clod ones.problem solved. lathe 101 coming up ASAP!
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #23

Hmmmm.. I just installed a pair of CVDs in my TXT axles. Fit fine. I have had some issues with the little crosspin wallowing out the plastic hex though. Rig is an 11lb tuber running a Novak Crawler thru a 4:1 GRU and a TXT tranny into the TXT axles and 40 Moabs. I've only had the thing running like 2 weeks but I've bound it up a few times and forced it to climb out. Supposed to be some aluminum hexes coming out soon.
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #24
Keep it real

There was a run of TTR CVD's that had the wrong width bearings in the packages, a few months ago, TTR posted it on their site, and would replace them if you had the wrong ones.Mine fit fine once I got the right bearings for them.

Last edited by Tanis; 06-11-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_version View Post
kev i think the shafts are the same, the stubs are a different length. funnt though the TXT ones are considerably longer. shi t i just figured out my own problem.....thanks bro! the TXT C-Hubs are about 1/8" further out than the clod ones.problem solved. lathe 101 coming up ASAP!
You welcome.....Even though I was the one asking you the question.
Kev808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:03 AM   #26
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I never recieved the motor if you sent it off. Just let me know what you need to get running. I like the current version of the rig. All bidness!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:24 AM   #27
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Oh shi t i forgot to send ma faka to you. John MR b-boy holmes please forgive me......ive been on and off rcc lately, man talk about a belated b-day present.pm me your address so i can send it to you.BTW i need to talk to you about some stuff. call me when you have some time. thanks bro.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:30 AM   #28
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
There was a run of TTR CVD's that had the wrong width bearings in the packages, a few months ago, TTR posted it on their site, and would replace them if you had the wrong ones.Mine fit fine once I got the right bearings for them.
i have the battery knuckles from jp customs, i think the bearing they use are bruiser size ones, too late i cant really change those i think the easiest way is to turn down the stubs. thanks for the input though.
John............super sorry dude i totally dropped the ball. i've been pursuing a new career in electric grip racing. Crawling has really taken the back seat lately.You should see the 5B its fawkin retarded now.ill post some pics when i get a chance, i did alot of mods to it. it seems like it accelerates twice as fast now.i got the damn thing to wheely a couple times too.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:20 AM   #29
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

axles are all rebuilt and ready to be installed, i just need to redo the frame....major carnage.it looks like 2r2 is gonna get a little facelift and new look all together. No more G2 look. When its done it'll be sick.