Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Ohh!! Ohh!!! Me.... Fifth!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 01:58 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

GAH!!! The plastic tranny gears are driving me nuts!!!! Anyone know of some possible metal gear upgrades? I searched but didn't find anything about CC-01 metal tranny gears.
tom tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #22
RCC Addict

I dont think anyone ever made a set of metal gears for the CC-01 chassis. Is there a specific gear you are having issues with? I never had any issues with any of the gears in my old XC-01 chassis till I tried to cram some masher 2000's on it back in the day and then the spur was the only one i had any issues with. Well.... and flaming hot motors and speed controls LOL
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
I dont think anyone ever made a set of metal gears for the CC-01 chassis. Is there a specific gear you are having issues with? I never had any issues with any of the gears in my old XC-01 chassis till I tried to cram some masher 2000's on it back in the day and then the spur was the only one i had any issues with. Well.... and flaming hot motors and speed controls LOL
The front half of the tranny driving the front wheels is just fine, its the back half, between the gear that you insert from the bottom and the gear above that mostly. They are pretty hashed. I am having a hard time even finding the OEM replacement gears. I have a full bearing set on order, and I think I have shaved some plastic and added some spacers to give the gears a bigger mesh so the new gears don't grind themselves down. If I even had new gears I think I would be alright. Over time by trial and error I have ground them down pretty harshly.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Well, I got the tranny somewhat working. It now has no issues when driving forward. It still slips really easily when in reverse, but I don't really care anymore. I might as well drive it while I can. For what I have done, and being more towards the learning curve rather than an experienced scaler, it is just a money pit for me and I am just going to move out of it in a couple years completely..... But till then, I think I will make some more pics and some vids!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

I have everything working great on here! Sad to say, BUT I AM SELLING THIS CAR! If you are interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260439057823

Thanks to all!