Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Widening the front suspension....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
wild dagger alloy front arms:
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-wil...th=595_744_713

wild dagger alloy rear arms:
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-wil...th=595_744_713

wild dagger arms are the same as KBF arms.

I was looking at those earlier. I think they might be too wide. I think finding the lower A-arms might be pretty easy since lots of the Tamiya rigs are so close. Hardest part is going to find the perfect combo for the dogbones or CVDs that'll work with what ever arms a person picks to use.

My goal is to pick up a few different A-arms and dogbone combos to see what will work and allow the setup I'm after.

Let's keep this thread going because I know I'm not the only person wanting more performance/better tuning abalities out of the front suspension.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Okay....

Tried some stuff tonight. First, bought stock replacement dogbones. Second I dug through the old school box of good deals at the hobby shop, grabbed some A-arms and some MIP CVDs. Got some good deals on the products... it's a good thing too.

1. Stock dogbones are fine for now.
2. A-arms work but are too damn wide for this rig, might have to keep hunting.
3. MIP CVDs that I picked up are too short and I thought they were going to be too long for the A-arms I grabbed.
4. I'll be back at hunting down the correct length A-arms for this project.

Here's a picture to show just how wide is sitting.....

Old 07-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

I dont know, I guess not what you are going for, but I kinda like that stance!! Kinda prerunner. I think it looks good. Is there a way you could shorten them on one end ( maybe drill new mount holes) and still have enough plastic for the strength?
lowslow.....hope you dont mind I had posted wiggles, I had remembered seeing it way back and always thought was an awesome out-of-the box rig!
azxj91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:29 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxj91 View Post
I dont know, I guess not what you are going for, but I kinda like that stance!! Kinda prerunner. I think it looks good. Is there a way you could shorten them on one end ( maybe drill new mount holes) and still have enough plastic for the strength?

It's way too wide with those arms.

I've been told what arms to track down to increase the width slightly more than stock and I bet the CVDs I picked up will work with that width too. More to come later next week. I have to piece this thing back together to be able to run at our scale comp on Sunday.