Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Does the CC-01 fit the bill?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Ovstebo, is your 5.5t motor a sensored brushless motor? With that fast of a motor are you able to retain any low speed operation?
toyotatrucks83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #22

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatrucks83 View Post
Ovstebo, is your 5.5t motor a sensored brushless motor? With that fast of a motor are you able to retain any low speed operation?
Short answer: No

It's not sensored. Neither do I have any low speed operation. The plan (more of a distant vision) is to make a multispeed gearbox. I therefore wanted the motor to be fast, as it would be better to only have down gearing, than both up/down.

Also, the CC01 at such velocities is VERY unstable, and requires a steady hand not to tilt. It will easily run on two wheels (no, not a wheelie ), and the wheels (rock crushers) expand on throttle. It could actually be a pretty cool ride with wheel wideners to keep it from tilting every now and then... The challenge is out
ovstebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #23
LR3
Rock Crawler

...no, its too big
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:40 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Found this YouTube video. I asked if it was all stock. Says it is. Does this look about the right speed and handling for a stock CC-01?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwb_Z...EI7rjE&index=4
Old 08-09-2011, 01:46 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Found this YouTube video. I asked if it was all stock. Says it is. Does this look about the right speed and handling for a stock CC-01?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwb_Z...EI7rjE&index=4
yeah that looks about right, this one is mine with a stock 27t and stock tyres
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMMGDNS1Seg
Positronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Thanks positronic. I like your video. Slow motion is awesome.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I really, really want one of these now. For trail runs and maybe to haul my SCX10.
Spidubic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #28

Default did you get one??

So toyotatrucks83, did you pick one up yet? how do you like it with regard to your original questions?

thanks
bmpytrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Bmpytrk I did pick one up. The CC-01 FJ40. I'm saving it for my Christmas present. It is really hard to hold out. But I'm using the time to look for mods, hop ups, and accessories. I'm looking to build a very mild trail truck. I will use it to tow a trailer and for fun realistic trail runs. I don't want to get carried away but as we all know this hobby is very addictive.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Since I don't technically have my CC-01 yet I don't want to start a build thread. Maybe I will use this thread as a place to make my wish list so people can comment before I purchase. Keep in mind that I work in the automotive industry and as of lately I have not been making very good money. So lets start this list.

Tires:
Tire W/Foam 2P
I have some of these. They are 3.75" and fit on a 1.7" wheel. (should easily stretch to 1.9) They have a good scale looks, are soft and grippy, and a good scale size to keep the truck from looking like a rock crawler.
Wheels:
OEM Steel 1.9 Stock Beadlock Wheel
I really like the way these look. They are a little on the pricy side. I was wanting to use the HPI stock car wheels but it sounds like they will not fit properly.
Motor/ESC:
Water proof is going to have to be a must. I have a Novak Goat 3S with a 21.5T sensored motor. I think this would work well. I think I'll be running into issues with finding a pinion that fits correctly. Cool thing is if this works it will have very slow speed operation but can be operated on 3S which may have some speed.
Servo:
Hitec HS-645MG. I have one of these.
Radio:
FlySky GT3b. I have one of these. I will need to do the firmware hack from OverkillRC to get a functioning 3rd channel to run a winch. Looks like for about $40 I can get this and also get an upgraded voltage regulator that should increase battery life by 50%. Cool.
Lights:
I've got a kit coming with headlights, taillights, yellow side marker lights for the front hood, and 4 extra 5mm white lights. My goal was to mount the 4 extras as spot lights either on the 4 corners of a full size roof rack,or 2 on the hood like spot lights and 2 in the rear above rear windows and below the roof line. Where do I find light buckets for cheap?Axial Racing - LED Light Bucket Set Is this my best option?
Accessories:
I would like a jerry can or 2.
A winch for the front.
Some recovery straps.
An ice chest

Anyways. Thanks to anyone who reads my long wish list and comments.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

the stockcar wheels will fit just fine

regular ones on the front and the vintage ones on rear. +1 or 2 for offset for either the fronts or rears I cant remember since I traded it

I would keep a real close eye on that brushless set up in the cc01, I cooked 2 motors trying to harcore crawl with this thing, the stock tamiya silver can and an axial 27t on 2s
dblrnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

dblrnut, are those 0mm offset 26mm HPI wheels?
Thanks for the response. The brushless motor is a back burner idea. I think the stock 27t motor and stock ESC are going to work just fine. I just plan to use 2s lipos.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
dblrnut, are those 0mm offset 26mm HPI wheels?
Thanks for the response. The brushless motor is a back burner idea. I think the stock 27t motor and stock ESC are going to work just fine. I just plan to use 2s lipos.

either the front or rear are 0 offset, I ran 2 different offsets
Old 10-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Looks good. I'll give them a try.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:10 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndi_guy View Post
Seems it a bit much.
Well yep, it is. Still tons of fun on a fast track
ovstebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:23 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

I can only find the HPI stock car wheels in 0mm offset at 26mm wide. Are the spacers that are provided with the wheel about 1mm? They are in this picture. TowerHobbies.com | 3741 HPI Racing Stock Car Wheel 26mm Black (2) I'm really wanting to use these wheels cause I like the look and the price is even better.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

those are the right wheels, I never used the spacer on mine so if you do it will push them out a little more
Old 10-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

I'll order a set. I'm getting antsy to get goin on this project.