Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Larger "longer" front shock mounting ideas?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Larger "longer" front shock mounting ideas?

In need of some help. Need some ideas and pics of what you guys have done installing larger "longer" front shocks on the front of your cc01. I am rebuilding a new chassie / tub and dont want to have a bunch of holes in the front wheel arches trying out different ideas. What have you guys done and what has worked best. Thanks
balln is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2019, 05:10 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Larger "longer" front shock mounting ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by balln View Post
In need of some help. Need some ideas and pics of what you guys have done installing larger "longer" front shocks on the front of your cc01. I am rebuilding a new chassie / tub and dont want to have a bunch of holes in the front wheel arches trying out different ideas. What have you guys done and what has worked best. Thanks
Without putting holes in the wheel arches, the only way you can increase shock length is to use a longer bottom shock ball cup that is longer than stock when using the stock shocks. All my rigs I tend to stick with the stock shocks in the front. The stock arms and C's can only travel so far without mods to them. You can use a up to 4mm spacers between the bottom front skid plate and the chassis to increase height, but anything more than that tends to increase dog-bones from popping out, unless you are using CVDs and they have their limits as well.

Last edited by SFC K; 12-10-2019 at 05:14 AM.
SFC K is offline   Reply With Quote

Larger "longer" front shock mounting ideas? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a larger "receiver" box... skybolt Electronics 5 03-07-2015 09:36 PM
Larger Lexan bodies for "tough truck" build crawler_king Paint and Body 3 02-10-2009 11:08 AM
AX10 Front shock "Stiction" zoojunkie Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 08-27-2008 05:02 PM