Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: RcBros Losi Build and Protos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #21
RcBros Hobbies

Here's the mount I mentioned in the above post.

RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

How much? when will they be available? I was surprised the first time I removed that part on the stock LCC that it wasn't metal already.

Have you considered making a larger one to act as a heatsink as well?
JasonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #23
RcBros Hobbies

They'll be on the site by the end of the week, just waiting on hardware right now. Price will be something everyone can afford. We'll look into a heat sink version as well.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Heatsink with mount for 40 or 30mm fan would be kickass lol.. I know, I know...
Old 07-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #25
RCC Addict

I looked on your site and didn't see them. Any update on the timing for this?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
They'll be on the site by the end of the week, just waiting on hardware right now. Price will be something everyone can afford. We'll look into a heat sink version as well.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #26
RcBros Hobbies

I still need to test the motor mounts but have no trany that works to test them on....

I have 2 extras, if someone is willing to test one shoot me a pm with how much you crawl and some info about ya (Comps, placements etc..) and I'll send two of them out.

I'm waiting on hardware for the front servo mounts and they'll be online. Waiting for the mail sucks! lol

Last edited by RcBro; 07-12-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #27
RcBros Hobbies

Still got one more extra mount for someone

I robbed the trany out of my machinists' rig so I can drive mine some more. Does great with a smooth trany!

I just got an e-mail from Rich @ Losi at 8:51pm stating he got my transmission and fixed the issue, a blown bearing that I somehow missed seem to be most of the issue, but just incase they replaced all the internals. I have never dealt with such a large company with such a dedicated guy. Never once have I had instant same day contact with axial, traxxas, hpi or any other company. I'm more then happy to deal with hicups now and again with customer support like this. Rich really deserves a cold beer for this one. Thanks again man!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #28
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
I still need to test the motor mounts but have no trany that works to test them on....

I have 2 extras, if someone is willing to test one shoot me a pm with how much you crawl and some info about ya (Comps, placements etc..) and I'll send two of them out.

I'm waiting on hardware for the front servo mounts and they'll be online. Waiting for the mail sucks! lol
When will the motor mounts be ready ?
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Default Motor mount testing

I was sent one of the motor mounts from William to test so I wanted to let everyone know my thoughts on it.

1. It's a very nice piece of machined aluminum that is much sturdier and nicer than the stock plastic piece.

2. It is a tight fit getting the mount to key onto the motor (this is a good thing). It really felt secure once it was clamped down onto the motor. The grub screw really sealed the deal as far as movement once installed.

3. One of the issues I had with the LCC before using this mount was the tranny would make some grinding noises on downhill climbs, almost as if the motor mesh was shifting with the movement of the car. This was eliminated with the RcBro mount. Everything just seemed to stay in place much better than before.

4. I have not used RcBro's parts before and I do not know the makers of these products. I simply replied to a post asking for testers and William sent me one of the mounts to try. This is an unbiased review from just one of the guys on this site.

I highly recommend this product and I will be following RcBro's products from now on.

Chris Dahl
Old 07-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

I'm waiting for these to come out to place an order (save on shipping)...

Any updates on when these will be available on your site?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yes, my Axial has the SSS as well. I just really like the way the chassis preforms.

It doesn't rebound fast or to slow. Its not like a spring thats sometimes unpredictable as to how its going to act. The delrin leafs articulate as the weight is transfer to one point or another. After some getting use to it becomes rather predicatable.

You can adjust how much "weight" it takes to articulate by changing your link placement. I've found that a light rig thats on the semi stiff side does better for me, then that of how soft the LCC was out of the box.

this chassis rocks on off camber lines and steep inclines which we face alot here
So do you think that chassis would work with the LCC MOA kit? Just curious since I would taking a lot of weight off the chassis and putting it on the axles.
megacabcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:46 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Here's the mount I mentioned in the above post.

I was lucky enough to get one of the tester motor clamps and its great. Quieted my tranny down and really locks the motor in place. Its a tight fit, holds really well and also helps dissapate some heat from the motor. Tranny flex is all but gone compared to when it had the stock plastic piece. This is a great hop up that actually works and I highly recommend picking one up. I also ordered a servo plate and a set of servo clamps and Im extremely pleased with fit and finish of the parts. I was getting some flex from the stock plate with a hitec 5955 and its completely gone now. This is my first experience with RCBros parts and I cant wait to see what they do next.

Last edited by killswitch; 07-29-2009 at 11:52 PM.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:29 AM   #33
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by msps003 View Post
So do you think that chassis would work with the LCC MOA kit? Just curious since I would taking a lot of weight off the chassis and putting it on the axles.
x2. Please someone help us out!
Obeast44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

This thread might answer your question.

SSS Bully
sjg90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #35
Rock Stacker

Im very familiar with the SSS Bully setups, It was a tossup for me between a LCC or a Bully build. I was curious about possible clearance issues with the LCC MoA kit. Looks like as soon as funds permit I will have to try it out. Hopefully someone else can guinea pig instead of me
Obeast44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:39 AM   #36
TSK
Shelf queen

I really think you need to be the first with a LCC MOA SSS. As far as the weight of the axle over flexing the chassis, I think you'd just have to run the torsions out far to compensate, and definitely need yo use the chassis braces.

Last edited by TSK; 08-07-2009 at 01:42 AM.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #37
RcBros Hobbies

Been awhile since i've updated my thread. Crawler finally has a working trany so I was able to break the stock CVD's finally :P I put in the new updated losi ones but we'll see how long they last.

The motor clamps are available now via this link: http://www.rcbros.com/cart/scripts/p...?idProduct=413
Old 11-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #38
RcBros Hobbies

Well got to comp the rig, had the pinion mesh to tight and well battery dumped. One of my main issues though is no torque to get over obstacles. I'm running the Goat 18.5 2s system with 16T pinion and stock spur. Anyone else experiencing this?

I just loosened the gear mesh and put a fresh pack in and it even struggles to go up a flat smooth wall..
Old 11-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Anything over a 14T pinion seems to struggle. I know you'll lose a little wheel speed but droping the pinion down to atleast a 14 will help t with the torque.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #40
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post
Anything over a 14T pinion seems to struggle. I know you'll lose a little wheel speed but droping the pinion down to atleast a 14 will help t with the torque.
Thank you, thats what I figured, gonne swing by the LHS tomorrow and pick up a few for trial and error. Really think If I can just get this darn motor issue resolved i'll be doing good on the rocks.