Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: My LCC MOA - Dual ESC, BL 17.5T, Dual 3S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Do you have a link to where I can find the rear links?

Also, what is your wheel base?

Nice build!
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascman View Post
Do you have a link to where I can find the rear links?

Also, what is your wheel base?

Nice build!
Thanks for the complements.
The rear links are Kamikaze Kustoms Medium Clearance Links. I am not sure if they are still in business. With stock links in front I cut the Losi angle ends and the KK link to get me to 12.25" at full suspension compressed.

I finally installed the shorter Losi shock bodies and shock shafts to get me to the lower CG I wanted. My front tire does not rub the spring anymore at full steering throw on maximum articulation with my 725 hubs in the front SLW wheels. Here is a picture with the top panels and electronics removed showing the aluminum plate above the Lipo
axelram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Thanj you!

I'm going to try making some from brakeline and all-thread.
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Do you have any pics of it with the chump chassis?
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
Do you have any pics of it with the chump chassis?

Sad to say I failed to take pictures with the chump chassis. I can tell you some details of how I did it. Overall, the performance is much better with my Chump set-up compared to my current BJ3 which still getting improvements.
Chump Chassis:
1. Top links mounted on the side of the Eritex MOA bracket both front and rear.
2. Bottom links are both Delrin bent links in front and back.
3. Modified one side of chassis to accept the 3s Hyperion Lipo.
4. Made aluminum plate top deck for 2x RS ESC, BEC and RX as well as Novak Transcaps.

BJ3:
1. Top links mounted on the side of the Eritex MOA bracket for rear and on the top of the MOA bracket for the front. I noticed rear axle steer with this set-up when front tire is lifted on articulation. I wanted to move the front link on the side of the bracket but the link will either hit the motor or the shock body at full articulation. I have maximum steering at full articulation without touching the springs but I may have to sacrifice this in order to move the top-of-bracket mounted front link to a side-of-bracket mounted front link.
2. Bottom links are now with bent TI Rocksmith Engineering LCC link to match the angles skid. This has uneven skid clearance compared my Chump set-up.
3. The only way I can install my 3s Hyperion Lipo in the skid is via a small opening above the front motor. This limits my front shock top mount placement, lower the front and the battery can't be installed.
4. Made aluminum plate top deck as before. This is where I like the BJ3, the packaging of the electronics and battery is challenging but doable.

I do not get lots of driving practice on my rig so I ended up learning to drive this rig in comps.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

This is the bottom view of my outboarded top links using the edge of the Eritex MOA for front and rear. This is very similar to the way I configured my Chump based chassis, where the top links were also outboarded.

I bent my TI lower links both front and rear bottom links. With the top links outboarded in the BJ3 chassis, I can now insert the Hyperion Battery 3S battery on the side front openings between the shock and top link.

Thanks for viewing.

Last edited by axelram; 06-04-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: resized photo
Old 06-26-2010, 12:23 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Updated my setup and lowered CG by 1/2"and the same time making WB less variable during articulation by outboarding the upper link ends in the BJ chassis (upperlink parallel to ground). The upper links are mounted in the side of the MOA bracket about 7mm from bottom edge.

Installed the new style BJ skid with the short tab in the front allows the Lipo to be inserted in space between the front lower links when suspension is pushed down.

Here is the view of the new style BJ3 skid. I used stock straight LCC link ends in the skid side and LCC 17-degree ends in the axle side. The orange o-rings on the end balls acting as return spring for the bent lower links. The shorter skid tab in the front and longer tab in rear works well with the bent lower links without protruding tab during articulation.

Last edited by axelram; 06-27-2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: more info
Old 06-26-2010, 02:00 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Looks pretty sexy, well done.
Fattymojo is offline   Reply With Quote