Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: chino925's LNCC (losi night comp crawler)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

thanks i didnt like the axial lid at first but i saw how a buddy (travis c. one of the pro crawlers in my area/the mustard berg in the pics) had his, i liked it the selling point was how easily he was able to get back on his wheel from being on his lid with minimal wheel speed(as we all know, losi's dont have much wheel speed), grappler pro and prolin crowd pleazer i thought was going to be good for that but they were too flat and it needed more wheelspeed to do it and alot of times it couldnt do it so...touch roll over penalty. rocking motion with the middle being high helped alot and side being folded (boat sided) doesnt get caught up at all and slides over rocks easily... again more info i could have put in the begining.

all four bolt are there, the 2 lowers are just hiding under the ghetto servo guardthats why there is a spacer between the ear and guard to clear the head of the lower screw. why i did it this way? 1:i didnt know if shaving down the raised area in the middle of the ear was going to effect durability
2: laziness, my reasoning to not shave down my $150 servo promoted my laziness lol

not sure if its my link set up but i dont get much body roll at all. or it could be that i barley have much any chassis weight, but it side hills great for a shafty.

pitbulls, grips very well but at the same time i am still able to spin the tire when i want to like when i rear dig and try to get my rear to come arond to get set up for a line, likes to crawl slowly. it kinda bouncy do to the soft rubber. maybe i bit more foam tuning

sedonas, these are IMO best tires i ran on the losi. the wide foot print helps how narrow the rig is. it has amazing grip but sometimes too much. i cant burn over as easily as the pitbull or rovers. another down side is the side bite is crazy. u have to really watch what rocks u crawl net to next thing u know the tire dug its self into a hole. i just like the grip strength on them. i also treat them with silicone oil to keep them nice a soft and to keep them from gettting to dry and chauky. also i just found out they grip well on wet rock.
chino925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

just got back from AWCC(axial west coast championship) LCQ. i had a great time. losi team drivers where there and i have to say they are some of the nicest group of guys and girl ive ever met in the rc industry. also hooked me up with extra parts being i was running of half a worm the whole comp. ehills4x4 offerd them to me the first night i got there but from lack of sleep and laziness to take my rig apart i passed it. ended up getting some anyways afterwards. thanks guys and for the tuning tips

anyways just wanted to share a video of my first ever run at an outdoor comp. delmontess if im not mistaken u judged. so thank you being my first judge in my first comp outside hobbytown concord's indoor course

my suspention was set up for the indoor course and my rear was a bit stiff in this run i softened them up right after
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxnI0rNzg_k

Last edited by chino925; 06-27-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

AWCC lcq was awsome. the rig did great except when a lower link broke on course 2. and course 1 gate 5 it really sucked they didnt allow me to take the gate but i was new and i didnt know i could call for a marshall oh well. it was way easier than our local indoor course wich made it more fun for me. the team losi guys were great and shared a bunch of info with everyone. i cant wait for the new hd worms. the losi guys were running them and they were so quiet and they looked more agile... or it could just be the drivers. also a pleasant suprise when i had jake drive my rig, he liked it and he also sujjested the out board shock like one of you has. i did it but havnt tried it yet. ill see how it works for me at tonights comp

some video of my first 2 runs. yeah i need more practice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxnI0rNzg_k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJFX2qi3yag

Last edited by chino925; 07-01-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Looks like it was fun!
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

yeah it was great. at was also nice to run with other shaftys also not just bergs.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #26

Looks like fun!! Great vid.
Any chance of video of some of the other drivers on the same course?
kodiak ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:15 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

not another losi but i have vids of some bergs and the xr10 on the same course
Old 07-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak ak View Post
Looks like fun!! Great vid.
Any chance of video of some of the other drivers on the same course?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6sjcsnnYsY

in his defense, he was running proline chisels and a crap load of ppl watching
Old 07-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

How was your new Boss Claws performance at the HT comp?
axelram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:40 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

they worked great and grabbed on to everything. i was suprised how well they worked. other then being tough to mount on the losi rims. im thinking maybe its the way they are packaged with the foam shoved in the middle stretching the inner bead. maybe ill come out saturday and test my new set up for the tires. it was 2 roll overs and a on course fix caused my average score. im going to do a complete over haul of my rig tonight and installation of some parts the team losi drivers gave me

ill see what scores i can pull off next week
Old 07-30-2010, 11:54 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Installed the RCbros OTA steering link today and looks perfect with my MOA using the recommended set-up. I moved my servo a mm forward and mounted the drag link behind the servo saver.

I will test the setup this coming Thursday and if goes OK, I will come up a nice trade. Again, thanks.
axelram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

Hey Chino you still have your LNC? And where was that lake spot at?

See u Friday dude
Cksrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:55 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

.......ah yes, the rig that got me hooked on Nightcrawlers.
squirrel886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:11 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

i still have the LNC but it is no longer a comp rig. i had great success with it and its a very positive feeling rig but i burnt up a my $80 brushless novak motor and dont really want to buy another. being that i comp an xr10 now the losi is now currently turned back into a sportsman rig with the brushed motor friendly LNC tranny. its the rental rig for the noobies that come to our gtg and want to give crawling a try.