Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: chino925's LNCC (losi night comp crawler)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default chino925's LNCC (losi night comp crawler)

just wanted to share my current setup and open to tips an feedback also.
started as a stock LNC its what got mme in to 2.2 crawling. thursday night mini comps started at the local crawl course (hobbytown concord,ca). i entered sportsman class and did well but the class started to die out with less and less sportsman driver comming out. so i got a LCC trans from a guy who went MOA. i needed a dig to be competitive with all the berg guys in my area. it was down hill from there. i like crawling now.

i pick up a used LCC for a buddy of mine that wanted to get into crawling. unfortunatly the worms were bad in it and he did not have money to buy new ones so i kept it for extra parts and this is what i came up with

-LNC
LCC lower links
LCC steering
novak 18.5 brushless
CC bec
momba max pro
LCC CF shock mounts
LCC shock brace
traxxas big bores with internal spings front
LCC shocks with losi strike springs rear
futaba S9157 steering servo
losi mini dig servo
axial body
LNC BND side plates
gunnars body mounts
normally on sedonas mounted on VP DH's but LCC wheels with pitbulls im testing

-mods
servo guard( dont know where its from but it works
ghetto high clearance links
relocation plate on the upper links for batteries,esc, and receaver
different dig springs

enjoy
chino925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2010, 06:58 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Why so much pre load in the rear? And i cant tell for sure, but from the pics it looks like your shocks bind? Or do those traxxas shocks mount upside down with no mods needed.

Last edited by Fattymojo; 06-16-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Fattymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattymojo View Post
Why so much pre load in the rear? And i cant tell for sure, but from the pics it looks like your shocks bind? Or do those traxxas shocks mount upside down with no mods needed.
theres acualy no pre load in the rear. the losi strike progressive rate springs are shorter. they compress easily at the same time took care of the body roll during side hilling.

the lower shock mounts are shaved pretty much all did. main reason for the traxxas shocks w/ the internal springs was becuz the sound of the tires rubbing up against the springs at full steering annoyed me, also having to reseat the springs from being poopped out was annoying too

being mounted upside down was just part of my efforts to get a lower COG, along with the removal of as many thing up top as possible (gear cover, aluminum shock mounts(replaced with graphite), battery tray, rear tray chassis brace, having plastic upper links. everything was mounted as low as possible. i should have included more info on my original post but i got sleepy and just posted what i had.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

anyone know how much better the new HD worms are? as far as effeciency. right now i have to let my motor, esc, and worms cool after every pack(3s 1100mah 35c hyperion).
Old 06-18-2010, 03:10 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

update. picked up rcbros ota steering from hobbytown concord, thanks mike. a noticable increase of clearance. my steering links dont dubble as a bumber any more unlike the old ones. yeah i know, i installed it backwwards. for two reasons, 1 i dint want to buy another servo horn, 2 there alot mess sticking out the front this way and i still have full steering

Last edited by chino925; 06-19-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Looks really good i like it!
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

thanks. i started with the same rig as you. then i got the dig trans to be competitive with all the pro guys in my area.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

nice
671_oners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino925 View Post
thanks. i started with the same rig as you. then i got the dig trans to be competitive with all the pro guys in my area.
It looks REALLY good. Did you start off with the LNC BND? I kept mine a sportsman because there's a sportsman class thats local.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

no just recently got the BND side plates i liked the red. i started with the blue rtr heres some pics of my old sportsman setup. this is what it started as

sorry bad quality camera phone pics

Old 06-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Looks great!
Old 06-20-2010, 02:32 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

thanx i do miss comping sportsman, but having the dig and comping with all the pro MOA guys is hard and so much fun
Old 06-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino925 View Post
thanx i do miss comping sportsman, but having the dig and comping with all the pro MOA guys is hard and so much fun
You are doing well with your LCC in last Thursday comp at HT, much better than I did. Do you have your steering set-up already during the comp? You convinced me to get this RCbros steering link to replace my spacer-raised setup. I just made a lot of changes to my suspension and will test the setup in this coming week comp.

Try setting the servo arm behind the link and let the link act like a bumper instead of the servo arm. I see a lot of dings in my steering link and it protected my servo and arm because the link acted like a bumper too.
axelram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelram View Post
You are doing well with your LCC in last Thursday comp at HT, much better than I did. Do you have your steering set-up already during the comp? You convinced me to get this RCbros steering link to replace my spacer-raised setup. I just made a lot of changes to my suspension and will test the setup in this coming week comp.

Try setting the servo arm behind the link and let the link act like a bumper instead of the servo arm. I see a lot of dings in my steering link and it protected my servo and arm because the link acted like a bumper too.
his horn is to far back to place the link in front. he needs a new horn to set it up rite. are you ready for AWCC next week Chino?
AlphaQup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

i did. i mounted it before the comp. i try my best against thoes guys. but man. some of thoes gate are crazy. ill be sure to help spot for u next time, gotta help a fellow losi. ur rig looks very capable.

alphaqup, u know me as long as my rig works im ready. if its broke, i have the axial to enter sportsman

funny thing is i really like the way its set up now. its way more flush to the front than the sujjested mounting set up. if i do it like the way they have it on the site it would stick out the front like almost half an inch extra than the way i have it now. if i put the OTA infront of the horn, there would be no place to attach the link to the ota. i was paying attention to how much clearance i gained with the new OTA. it was alot im able to go nose first into lots of area now. also i payed atteion to how often i would hit the horn on a rock. the whole comp the horn didnt hit once its so high up the rocks just miss it. i was going to change it but after seeing it perform and other pics of it mounted i think ill leave it alone for now. if it aint broke dont fix it

Old 06-21-2010, 12:21 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

some of the berg guys plus alphaqup showed me a really nice crawl spot. i took some pics with my phone. also it was nice to fine out that being narrow had its advantages in a bunch of gates that was set up here

Last edited by chino925; 06-21-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:41 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

so i went and over hauled the axles one the losi tonight to get ready for LCQ / WCC. did the usual, make sure everything was torqued down. checked the wires. checked all the pins(cvds and under the hexes) took apart my wheels and tires. cleaned the tires then sprayed them with silicone oil becuz they were dry and chauky it braught life back into them, sqeezed all the water out of the foams from crawling at the falls.

then it happened i went into my axles.my front right after wiped off all the old grease i found that my spool was stripped. luckly i found one in decent shape. sucks becuz i orderd the HD 's hoping i would have them for WCC. also i couldnt find my grease for my cars cv joints wich i use for my worms. white lithium is all i have hopfully it will hold up.

any other losi's attending LCQ?
Old 06-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Looking good! Is that your BEC under the shrink next to the plug?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

thanks like everyone else i tried to make it my own even though most of us still us the same chassis, if it aint broke, dont fix it

no its just another set of deans , my quick detach bec thingy(technical term) just somthing to make it easier to things like changing the esc, re aranging electronics or changing electronics. this way i can just unhook the bec w/o having to unsolder/resolder anything.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I really like the way your rig looks !! And that crawl spot at the falls looks Awesome !!
Two things that I could suggest would be: to outboard your rear shocks, this will prevent body roll and assist with sidehilling. I see many of the team drivers doing this mod. Secondly make sure you always have 4 bolts in your front servo, the two extra bolts not only adds weight down low, but it will prevent you from breaking a servo ear off and have to replace a $100 plus part for no real reason !!

Keep up the great work ! Your rig looks GOOD !!

Oh, what are your thoughts on the Pitbulls vs. the Sedonas ??
Toyo496 is offline   Reply With Quote